Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Sep 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #3,871 of 4,655
It's definitely not an unfair statement. I mean if you're on a budget the last thing you want is to be painfully aware of how inadequate your belongings are. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #3,872 of 4,655
  It's definitely not an unfair statement. I mean if you're on a budget the last thing you want is to be painfully aware of how inadequate your belongings are. 

And then there's me.  I need to magically earn $510 to cover the costs of: a FiiO E17, Sennheiser HD598, FL Studio 11: Producer Edition (I already have fruity).  Let's see what I have now.  I have $110 in a drawer, some crappy YouTube rips that I won't be able to stand with my new HP's, an iPod nano that I'm gonna sell, and I'm only 14.
Anyone know how to make money (nothing involving potassium permanganate)?

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #3,873 of 4,655
  And then there's me.  I need to magically earn $510 to cover the costs of: a FiiO E17, Sennheiser HD598, FL Studio 11: Producer Edition (I already have fruity).  Let's see what I have now.  I have $110 in a drawer, some crappy YouTube rips that I won't be able to stand with my new HP's, an iPod nano that I'm gonna sell, and I'm only 14.
Anyone know how to make money (nothing involving potassium permanganate)?

LOL when I was 14, let's see... I was using a pair of Phillips earbuds that I bought at an Ames because that was the best I could get my hands on.

Take heart to the fact that if you're smart enough to be squirreling away money now, you'll be rocking one hell of a setup once you're old enough to get real work. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #3,875 of 4,655
im 14 and my parents are buying me a HD 800, for me to have a proper home set up instead of always using my portable set up (FiiO E18 and PSB M4U1). I mostly need it cos im a reviewer and i need a reference

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #3,876 of 4,655
im 14 and my parents are buying me a HD 800, for me to have a proper home set up instead of always using my portable set up (FiiO E18 and PSB M4U1). I mostly need it cos im a reviewer and i need a reference

I cannot imagine the situation in which parents would be down with dropping the kind of money on an HD800 setup for a 9th grader.

Honestly, no offense, I mean that's awesome and all, but jeez.

Who do you review for? Or do you mean you write reviews as a hobby?

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #3,877 of 4,655

You took sponsorship to a whole new level.

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #3,878 of 4,655

So, is it a thing for Head-Fiers to review stuff, because I was literally going to do just that after I get my FiiO/HD598 (With my own money)
My dad says he'll get me some M-100's for Christmas.  I'm so excited!!!  And then there will be the money, then there will be the presents I can sell (jk), and I'll rule my life.  As an added bonus, I might regain my sanity, and if I'm really lucky, I won't make a run on sentence with an excessive amount of commas, and if I'm really really redundantly lucky, this thread will stop using plastic for its rails.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,880 of 4,655
  So, is it a thing for Head-Fiers to review stuff, because I was literally going to do just that after I get my FiiO/HD598 (With my own money)

I think a lot of us review things here, but saying "I'm a reviewer" implies that they aren't reviewing things they got for personal use but rather are getting things in order TO review them. That's a huge difference. I'm really curious what the answer is in this case.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3,881 of 4,655

I think a lot of us review things here, but saying "I'm a reviewer" implies that they aren't reviewing things they got for personal use but rather are getting things in order TO review them. That's a huge difference. I'm really curious what the answer is in this case.

Well, if I were to review stuff, it would be mostly music, I guess.  I've found that a lot of people are grinning when I play them my favorite songs, so I've just assumed I have higher standards than many others.  My ego also feeds on people flat out stating that I have higher standards.  It also doesn't help that I've met people who don't even know what songs are on their own phone.
I honestly believe I'd make a good reviewer, especially given my tendency to passively and critically analyse things.

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #3,882 of 4,655
my parents are buying me a HD 800 cos im finalising some stuff for more review models from audio technica and Sony singapore, and i need a good reference, plus the fact i did well in exams and i also tend to critic things unknowingly

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #3,883 of 4,655
my parents are buying me a HD 800 cos im finalising some stuff for more review models from audio technica and Sony singapore, and i need a good reference, plus the fact i did well in exams and i also tend to critic things unknowingly

Just found your review site in your sig (which I swear wasn't there until just now). Hell, I'm interested. Thought I'd give your blog a follow -- really like the concise, almost one-take write ups. Very nice -- also very jealous. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #3,884 of 4,655
Oh thank! :D never thot i was detailed enough, but thanks for the support!

P.S. Ignore the earlier reviews which sound crappy, i wrote those at a time few months ago when i could not even hear transients :p

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #3,885 of 4,655

Those HD800s are seriously overpriced in Singapore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back