Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Sep 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,901 of 4,655
I thought the Q701 wasn't all that good.

The Q701 (as well as its older sibling, the K701) is a bit polarizing because of its peaky treble. Love it or hate it, I guess. I still want one, though. 
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,902 of 4,655
The Q701 (as well as its older sibling, the K701) is a bit polarizing because of its peaky treble. Love it or hate it, I guess. I still want one, though. :p
the K702 and Q701 are the same thing, but Q701 has a few db more bass. If that's an issue, the K612 has a few more db than the Q701. I preferred the K702 over the HD650 and HD600 just because it is more revealing with detail and has a bigger soundstage than either of those. Its a mid-fi that's priced just above low-fi, and competes 200$ above its price... What's not to love? K702 is bright, but the other two are less so... So bass wise, k702 has the least, k612 the most, and Q701 in between the two... The treble isn't so peaky... Its just the amount of it. Not too bad however. K702 is great for everything except rap and electronic. Q701 can do electronic just fine if you like a more analytical sound, and K612 is great for it imo.

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #3,904 of 4,655

I noticed this, too. Picked up these yesterday, but they aren't really my jams, so won't have them for very long.

Wow....the pics, man. Amazing.
Oh, I see this is the old Austrian-made ones, too. Can I get these off your hands? 
tongue.gif

Nah, jk. I don't have the money for it, anyways.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #3,905 of 4,655
I noticed this, too. Picked up these yesterday, but they aren't really my jams, so won't have them for very long.

hehe. I say try the K612. Q701 adds a bit more bass, and K612 adds even more than that. If you liked everything about them except for how bright it is, then K612 is something you might like. Ps, nice pics. :)

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3,906 of 4,655
I let my friend borrow my Sennheiser cx95 style many years ago and when I asked for them back, he said they sounded really good and offered my $50 for it. I told him I paid $200.
Yes I was a noob back then and overpaid. 
They cables also failed just after the warranty period so I ran over them with my bike. Should of sold them when I had the chance. 
If only I knew re-shelling existed back then sigh 

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #3,907 of 4,655
  I let my friend borrow my Sennheiser cx95 style many years ago and when I asked for them back, he said they sounded really good and offered my $50 for it. I told him I paid $200.
Yes I was a noob back then and overpaid. 
They cables also failed just after the warranty period so I ran over them with my bike. Should of sold them when I had the chance. 
If only I knew re-shelling existed back then sigh 

DO YOUR BUCKING RESEARCH!!!
Other than that, who would buy broken IEM's?
Your friend seemed to have a good idea of the price.

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #3,909 of 4,655
  I didn't know about headfi back then.
I was referring to the fact that I should of sold them to my friend before the cable stopped working. 

Still, I think it would be more responsible to try to get more bang for your buck.
You had no idea that the cable would stop working, so if he asked you for something that you paid four times as much for, it would be odd if you were to sell him that discount unless you already had a replacement in mind.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,910 of 4,655
I was showing a people my own fake Beats advertisement, explaining to certain people that I don't really like Beats.  I eventually stumble upon someone who owns the Solo [Low Definitions].  I immediately (not rudely) suggested to sell them and get the Solos 2.  She asked why, and I told her (again, not rudely), that the Solo HD's are one of the worst deals out there.  She asked me if I was a headphone expert, and I said I probably know more about headphones than anyone else in the school (which is probably true).  So eventually, we got to the point where she is actually going to do research tonight to find what she wants.
I think we have a possible convert here.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,911 of 4,655
  I was showing a people my own fake Beats advertisement, explaining to certain people that I don't really like Beats.  I eventually stumble upon someone who owns the Solo [Low Definitions].  I immediately (not rudely) suggested to sell them and get the Solos 2.  She asked why, and I told her (again, not rudely), that the Solo HD's are one of the worst deals out there.  She asked me if I was a headphone expert, and I said I probably know more about headphones than anyone else in the school (which is probably true).  So eventually, we got to the point where she is actually going to do research tonight to find what she wants.

Um, you only have 35 posts... and most of them are in My Little Pony thread...

Also you were asking people how to EQ a V-Moda M100 for music production on your Fruity Loops Studio...

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,912 of 4,655
  Um, you only have 35 posts... and most of them are in My Little Pony thread...

Also you were asking people how to EQ a V-Moda M100 for music production on your Fruity Loops Studio...

No need to be a stalker, god.  Anyway, I live in an area where people are in shock of others buying anything about $15 if they aren't Beats.
Also, I've done research since then.

Oct 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #3,914 of 4,655
Somehow somewhat, my entire friends know I am an audiophile and many are asking if I am selling some of my gears since I have "too many" after looking up my IG photos (same name as my name here). I was totally shocked when one asked to try one of them so I lent him my XBA-4. At first, he asked what is the difference because he can't hear anything difference. I suggested an hour listening to it and then switch back. Now his asking what other tracks is good with it :D

He did asked how much is it. He went all freak out and said that he should be careful it and not break it. Because of that, his returning the earphone to me soon.

I have the urge to gift some of my friends a Superlux headphones for idk why.

Oct 15, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #3,915 of 4,655
I eventually stumble upon someone who owns the Solo [Low Definitions].  I immediately (not rudely) suggested to sell them and get the Solos 2.  She asked why, and I told her (again, not rudely), that the Solo HD's are one of the worst deals out there.  She asked me if I was a headphone expert, and I said I probably know more about headphones than anyone else in the school (which is probably true).  So eventually, we got to the point where she is actually going to do research tonight to find what she wants.

This just seems very rude even if it wasn't meant to... Don't be that guy man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back