Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Oct 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,931 of 4,655
I personally carry my TekFusion TwinWoofer around with me when I am out to keep things low and sometimes I act dumb about audio when reaching out new people.

Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,932 of 4,655
Not even kidding, I had a dream about those TwinWoofer IEMs last night. I don't ever dream about headphones, so that was pretty weird.

I've just booked flights for overseas in January, and I've got some flights for work coming up next month, I have every intention of using my FiiO X5 stack with CIEMs and/or Mad Dogs whilst on the flight. 

I would laugh if I saw someone else rocking a similar setup.. 

Would you say anything to them if you saw something similar? 

The TwinWoofer is amazing IMO but you need to believe in driver "burn-in" in order for TwinWoofer to do the magic.

I will actually say hi and have a good chat with him if I say someone with good rigs while on a flight. It's going to be a long journey so a good chat will help to kill boredom :D

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #3,933 of 4,655
i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,934 of 4,655
Oct 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,935 of 4,655
i nearly vomited at the sight of my friend pretending to be a DJ with a pair of razer krakens.

Oh, good Lord.

EDIT: I actually have a pair of Razer Krakens right here. You just gave me an idea. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,936 of 4,655
NO DONT DO IT @thatBeatsguy.

Lol nvm just do it.

@DisCHORDDubstep i just looked away and stared at my M50x and FiiO X1. I stopped feeling legit dizzy after a while.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #3,938 of 4,655
i think the E panda limited edition one sounds different from the original. it sounds really dry. also very mid bassy

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #3,940 of 4,655
   Sheesh, I can't even get a reaction from a friend/non-audiophile who sits next to me in college. Every day, he listens to downloaded mp3s on his laptop using generic earbuds. Today, I brought out my V-80 and asked if he wanted to try it out(for better isolation from the noisy classroom.) He told me that he actually prefers the form factor of earbuds, turning the V-moda down entirely.
triportsad.gif

Apparently, he has some $20 Monoprice headphones at home, so he doesn't totally dislike over/on-ear headphones. I need to find a way to get some good cans on his head! Maybe I could try showing him some music from MY laptop.
   Oh, and no way you're the only audiophile at your school...or West Virginia, for that matter, Danpyre. We audiophiles do tend to be hidden, because we use custom IEMs and open-backed cans that should stay at home. Just try to keep your mind off of searching for them, and they'll pop up.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #3,941 of 4,655
  Sheesh, I can't even get a reaction from a friend/non-audiophile who sits next to me in college. Every day, he listens to downloaded mp3s on his laptop using generic earbuds. Today, I brought out my V-80 and asked if he wanted to try it out(for better isolation from the noisy classroom.) He told me that he actually prefers the form factor of earbuds, turning the V-moda down entirely.
triportsad.gif

Apparently, he has some $20 Monoprice headphones at home, so he doesn't totally dislike over/on-ear headphones. I need to find a way to get some good cans on his head! Maybe I could try showing him some music from MY laptop.
Oh, and no way you're the only audiophile at your school...or West Virginia, for that matter, Danpyre. We audiophiles do tend to be hidden, because we use custom IEMs and open-backed cans that should stay at home. Just try to keep your mind off of searching for them, and they'll pop up.

Just like what we say over here in the Philippines: "If you're having trouble looking for something, don't look for it; it'll look for you."

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #3,942 of 4,655
triportsad.gif

Funny thing, I found someone who has the Sennheiser 380's the other day.  Turns out he bought those a few weeks ago, and is one of the only people at my school who do research before buying something expensive.
I had a field day listening to them, though I'm fairly certain that I know more about headphones about him.
Also, I didn't say I was the only audiophile in West Virginia, I was saying that West Virginia isn't exactly a breeding ground for audiophilia.  Ya know, with country and rap being the most popular genres (anything else that people like are in the top 40 crappily mastered songs).  Then I hear people say, 
"As long as it gets the sound to me, it's good..."
I die inside just a little bit every time I hear that.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #3,943 of 4,655
triportsad.gif

Buy a Yuin PK3, they're earbuds but they sound amazing. Maybe that can convince your friend to put something else on.
Oh and don't forget to get lossless files into a high end DAP too like maybe an AK240.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #3,944 of 4,655
Some of the top 40 songs may not have good master like some other but I like listening to them too as I like the song itself.

Buy a Yuin PK3, they're earbuds but they sound amazing. Maybe that can convince your friend to put something else on.
Oh and don't forget to get lossless files into a high end DAP too like maybe an AK240.

AK240 is overkill there haha but +1 for Yuin earbuds!

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #3,945 of 4,655

Whoa there, slow down. We're trying to convert someone, not kill their wallets outright!

That can come when they get here. :wink:

You going to the meet next Sat @ E1? If so I would love to try the Kommands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back