NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #91 of 207
Zack contacted me again today, and we exchanged a short text conversation.

I put forward the discontentment and concerns which many in this community have expressed, and he fully understood and acknowledged it. I can't speak for the rest, but I was sufficiently satisfied and convinced that production is back on track :)

He was sincerely apologetic about it, and as per my understanding, is now fully able and hence working on double quick time to fulfil what must be an enormous backlog of cable orders.

Whilst I suppose we have every right to feel unhappy about the whole delay and communication blackout, I'm just really happy that we're all going to get our cables. I'm not privy to what's been going behind the scenes and the reasons for the holdup, but I don't think we should be in a position to judge. What I can say is that there is a difference between unfulfilled orders, and bad service + delayed orders. I suppose if this had escalated further, the situation would have resembled the former, but as of now, I guess we can call it a pretty serious case of the latter, which whilst still pretty unpleasant, is still much less severe than the worst case scenario.

Whatever it is, I think all of us should just now sit back and allow Zack the opportunity to make amends -- properly completing all our orders.

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #92 of 207
Zack contacted me again today, and we exchanged a short text conversation.

I put forward the discontentment and concerns which many in this community have expressed, and he fully understood and acknowledged it. I can't speak for the rest, but I was sufficiently satisfied and convinced that production is back on track :)

He was sincerely apologetic about it, and as per my understanding, is now fully able and hence working on double quick time to fulfil what must be an enormous backlog of cable orders.

Whilst I suppose we have every right to feel unhappy about the whole delay and communication blackout, I'm just really happy that we're all going to get our cables. I'm not privy to what's been going behind the scenes and the reasons for the holdup, but I don't think we should be in a position to judge. What I can say is that there is a difference between unfulfilled orders, and bad service + delayed orders. I suppose if this had escalated further, the situation would have resembled the former, but as of now, I guess we can call it a pretty serious case of the latter, which whilst still pretty unpleasant, is still much less severe than the worst case scenario.

Whatever it is, I think all of us should just now sit back and allow Zack the opportunity to make amends -- properly completing all our orders.

Ok. Got some updates from Zack on my side too. From my understanding thru my text messages, something did happens. That's all I'll disclose here but have been assured that production is now in progress. I'll go along with gyx11 analogy and will give a little of my time and faith with Zack. Guess that will be best for all parties if this episode does get resolved from here.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #94 of 207
  i admire how you guys think - makes you reconsider things....i guess my bubble burst when Treoo sent me that message...but i wouldn't reconsider any further extensions from them.

I'm approaching 50 and have been through ups and downs of my own. Have also made some wrong decisions with some given situations along the way and cause agony to people around me.  What I learnt is to give some and take some as I have personally received such compassion from others.For now, will sit back and see how it works out.  If this turns out in a negative way, I'll take it as another lesson learnt.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #95 of 207
I will give zack and treoo the 2 weeks they requested.  It would have just been better if either of the two stated that there was a delay on their webpage or emailed us and we wouldn't have had to go nuts about it.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #97 of 207
On treoo's page, it shows all cables are out of stock so I'm guessing they will knock out all current backorders out first before taking new ones.   I would consider ordering again if they meet my current 2 week deadline and the sound is good.  Price is hard to beat for sure, but I hope all problems are behind them.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #98 of 207
I have the Shure Se215's
And just by the looks the Nocturnal nyx looks like it would fit?
It doesn't have anywhere what works with what
Can someone confirm this?

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #100 of 207

They can build any cable with any connector.  

Yea I found this out after I posted it.
confused_face.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #102 of 207
I've been trying to reach zack the past two days and no reply again.  I wanted to know if he could add memory wire to my cable.  Does anyone know if he can do this?  It's not a must have, but I would really like it if he can add it and he said my cable won't be ready til 2 weeks so I hope I can get this option if available.  But reaching him again is frustrating.   Seems like he knocked out a bunch of replies and then went back to business as usual.  

He really needs to take an hour out of his work day to answer replies.  I'm sure that he must be missing out on possible orders or maybe he only replies back to those people and not the ones that he already has their money.  

It is my fault for not asking at the beginning but most other companies would at least let me know in a day if my request could be fulfilled.   I bought a new headphone and will probably want a cable for it and nocaudio's prices can't be beat.  But I will see if I like the cable I ordered first and see how long it takes before buying from him again.  

Right now I'm on the fence if I would buy another nocaudio cable and that's if I like the cable a lot and gets to me by the deadline set.   If I don't like the cable or I have to wait another month then I would rather pay someone else 100 bucks more and get better customer service.  

My first custom cable was a toxic cables silver widow cable and I had to wait 5 months for it, but at least Frank answered me back in a timely fashion which made the waiting process ok as I knew that the waiting list was really long and that he has many happy customers here on head-fi.   If Zack had the same customer service as Frank, I'm sure Zack would be very successful and people would be ok with long wait times as long as they are updated and the cables are made well and sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back