NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Aug 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #63 of 207
Zack hasn't replied back to me in over 20 days.  I'm pissed off at treoo and nocturnal audio.  I highly doubt I would order from them again despite their cheap prices.  Whiplash audio or Toxic cables will more than likely be getting my money the next time.

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #64 of 207
Have the Hydra 8 for months now and do agree about it's weight but it's not causing me any issue with my SE535.
The 8 conductor cable doesn't have a slider as of now but from my understanding, NocAudio is working on something. The one on the cable is just the Y spilt.

Just to add a note that mine was a V1 8 conductor hybrid and not the the Hydra V2 that soundbear owns. Sorry for any confusion. Anyway, I'm really happy with the Nocturnal Hybrid cable and have made an order for a Hydra 4 V2 for my FX850.

Is the only way to wear the 8 wire with the FX850 over ear or are they too heavy to use straight down? I think I asked you about this before and forgot what you said.  I apologize for asking again.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 207
I do believe that there indeed exists some form of dispute between Treoo and Noc Audio (not sure if generally or specifically Zack)

According to Treoo, wef Aug 1, they no longer take orders directly. Instead, all new orders and enquiries should go straight to Zack. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I've ordered a cable straight from Zack, and though I've yet to receive it yet, I have no qualms about the communication. He's friendly and prompt to reply. I'm a Singaporean though, so obviously I can't speak for those who have been waiting a thousand miles away.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #66 of 207
Awww man I hope that I'm not screwed with the order that I placed late July.   Zack is slow to get back to messages too.  I'm sure that he must be busy, but he needs to take time out once or twice a day to communicate with people.  

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #67 of 207
I managed to get a feel of their cables when I dropped by Treoo just a few weeks ago and it was really flexible (even the 8-conductor!). Didn't get to demo it in terms of its sound (they didn't have a demo for the ATH-IM series' termination that was only released a couple of weeks before my visit, but if I'm not wrong, they do offer the termination for the IM series now), but physical qualities-wise, the flexibility and feel of the cables are great, doesn't feel cheap, but I do agree that the 8-conductor is kinda heavy :/

Regarding the waiting time...that's quite something to be worried about I guess. I was planning to get the 4-conductor hydra, but looking at things, I would wait it out till things stabilise and after they have cleared out their backlog. I'm still willing to get their cables though :p I don't have the bucks for more expensive alternatives, and I personally think that's the market NocAudio is getting into - budget cables.

Also, AFAIK, NocturnaL Audio is created by Treoo. Can't remember my source, and whether the source is credible, but just mentioning anyways :)

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #68 of 207
Is the only way to wear the 8 wire with the FX850 over ear or are they too heavy to use straight down? I think I asked you about this before and forgot what you said.  I apologize for asking again.

@vegasf1

Mine have a pre mold memory wire so can only be worn over ear. Not sure if it's too heavy to wear straight down but I do feel that it can be an issue for me having a narrow ear canal. The 850 will not sit deep enough to create a leverage to maintain a seal with the weight pulling it down. That's me and probably ymmv.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #69 of 207
  I managed to get a feel of their cables when I dropped by Treoo just a few weeks ago and it was really flexible (even the 8-conductor!). Didn't get to demo it in terms of its sound (they didn't have a demo for the ATH-IM series' termination that was only released a couple of weeks before my visit, but if I'm not wrong, they do offer the termination for the IM series now), but physical qualities-wise, the flexibility and feel of the cables are great, doesn't feel cheap, but I do agree that the 8-conductor is kinda heavy :/

Regarding the waiting time...that's quite something to be worried about I guess. I was planning to get the 4-conductor hydra, but looking at things, I would wait it out till things stabilise and after they have cleared out their backlog. I'm still willing to get their cables though :p I don't have the bucks for more expensive alternatives, and I personally think that's the market NocAudio is getting into - budget cables.

Also, AFAIK, NocturnaL Audio is created by Treoo. Can't remember my source, and whether the source is credible, but just mentioning anyways :)

I don't think that is true because the emails I have to treoo is usually "ask zack" and they give me his email address as if they don't want to deal with it.  I'm wondering if treoo will still fulfill nocaudio orders that they took.  If I could get my money back I would and contact zack directly or go with someone else that gives me confidence that they put the customer first.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #70 of 207
i sent Treoo another inquiry...let's see how they respond.
mad.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #71 of 207
  i sent Treoo another inquiry...let's see how they respond.
mad.gif

Zack has not responded to all emails and PM through this site.  Treoo has gotten back to me, but after a few days.  If I do not receive it by the six week estimated time, I will ask them for a refund.  I told them that I will not hesitate to burn their reputation to ground on this site and that negative postings on this site has the potential to hurt their business.  I feel that I have every right to slam them for their lack of timely communication.  Zack is even worse.  I really wish I did not place an order. Sometimes you do get what you pay for and in this case it is poor customer service.  If I bought a cable from toxic, moon audio, or whiplash I would not be feeling like I will not be getting my cable.  I really believe that treoo will not fulfill my order because they dissolved their business agreement and seem that they do not want to deal with each other and guys like me who ordered a nocaudio cable will not be getting it.  

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #72 of 207
They just replied to my email and they said for me to coordinate with Nocturnal instead...i gave them a piece of my mind. They left me hanging - what a peace of #$@!ty customer service. I have been patient enough for all this time and they do this to me. I already demanded a full refund. Luckily my office is just a few blocks away from their office - i'll update you guys of what happens next.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #73 of 207
I'm also in a bin dealing with the man himself. 2 relies in 2 weeks suggesting that he will hand over my cable over the weekend but just simply no replies when I asked for a confirmation date and time. Both occasion, replied in mid week and no response at all until the next mid week. Guess he's just doing so to buy time and really suspicious that the cable was never been made at all. Let's hope it isn't so and will continue to try and reach him. Will update again.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #74 of 207
Zack hasn't replied to my most recent text messages as well.

I'm not trying to play the devils advocate here, but until we know exactly what is going on, I think it's best we give both Treoo and Zack and benefit of the doubt. Anything related to $ is no small matter, and I have plenty at stake as well, but I'll reserve my judgement until I have sufficient information.

I'll be self collecting the cables (and one headphone stand) which I ordered from Zack, and I'll have a short chat with him then to ask what the issue has been. I'll be sure to post any updates here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back