NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Nov 20, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #196 of 207
Gotten my Acrux just recently, and have totally different perceptions.

The built quality of the cable is good, they were nicely braided and terminations seems strong. As for cable breaking, u need lots of good care for such after market cables, I've bought whiplash cables before and for aftermarket cables, have to be very careful not to bend cables too much. 

As for memory effects, I have experienced close to none, but I have to say the cable isn't as flexible as my Unique Melody default cables, but hey, the thickness is different. The cable were a good upgrade, it sweetens the mids, expands soundstage, tighten the bass but ever so brighter in sound signature. I pair it with my UM Mentor and i'm hearing good stuff. At those prices for pure silver cables, its really hard to find elsewhere.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #198 of 207
Nocturnal cables new cables(launched recently) are awesome, I have gave it a try back in canjam. I do like their new gold-plated copper altair, mainly because I'm a copper guy. Nice warm sounding, with thick vocal and the bass impact is just right. I think it really worth giving a try especially for the price they're selling.
Can't find their head fi thread too. 

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #200 of 207
This is a big IIRC so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone else can confirm or has more recent info.

I'm pretty sure NocAudio ran out of money before being acquired by Treeo. But then the guy who ran NocAudio disappeared for several months and took everybody's money. Then, came back briefly before disappearing again.

Unsure if the company is stable again or if I'm mixing this up with a different cable company tbh...

Jun 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #201 of 207
This is a big IIRC so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Hopefully someone else can confirm or has more recent info.

I'm pretty sure NocAudio ran out of money before being acquired by Treeo. But then the guy who ran NocAudio disappeared for several months and took everybody's money. Then, came back briefly before disappearing again.

Unsure if the company is stable again or if I'm mixing this up with a different cable company tbh...
Coz their Facebook is back alive and treoo now settles it, they appeared in this year canjam too so wondering if it’s stable again?

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #202 of 207
7LclOIH.jpg

EmJYTif.jpg

Currently using Acrux-4 on my IMR R1.

Aug 29, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #203 of 207
7LclOIH.jpg

EmJYTif.jpg

Currently using Acrux-4 on my IMR R1.
Hey man! Hope your ES100 socket issues are being resolved... I meant to ask what made you go for the Acrux, of the entire line-up? I’d like to order a cable from Nocturnal but I’m a bit lost.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #204 of 207
C0678562-A32F-4C5E-A648-851CA6C17FFC.png
Hey man! Hope your ES100 socket issues are being resolved... I meant to ask what made you go for the Acrux, of the entire line-up? I’d like to order a cable from Nocturnal but I’m a bit lost.
Hi man! Yes the ES100 was already fixed and the technician only took 15min to do it. He said its only the contacts inside got broken and he just re-soldered it. Lol now its working fine again.

With regards to your question, i made a little research and asked some audiophile groups here in my country. I found this as reference. (Pls see attachment)

It actually depends on your treble preference. If you’re not used to sound signatures with extended trebles then using pure silver cable on your IMR might be piercing to your ears. Otherwise, this also slightly presents the mids more detailed and soundstage more wider. Also the volume is much louder compared to the stock cable. I think by 20%.

I decided to get acrux because for me the imr is already warm and the acrux will give better synergy for the IMR R1. If you buy copper cables for your IMR it will just make the sound more warmer. So it depends on your preference.

(Lol i didnt notice that we’re on a different thread)

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #205 of 207

Hi man! Yes the ES100 was already fixed and the technician only took 15min to do it. He said its only the contacts inside got broken and he just re-soldered it. Lol now its working fine again.

With regards to your question, i made a little research and asked some audiophile groups here in my country. I found this as reference. (Pls see attachment)

It actually depends on your treble preference. If you’re not used to sound signatures with extended trebles then using pure silver cable on your IMR might be piercing to your ears. Otherwise, this also slightly presents the mids more detailed and soundstage more wider. Also the volume is much louder compared to the stock cable. I think by 20%.

I decided to get acrux because for me the imr is already warm and the acrux will give better synergy for the IMR R1. If you buy copper cables for your IMR it will just make the sound more warmer. So it depends on your preference.

(Lol i didnt notice that we’re on a different thread)
Thanks for the detailed description :pen_fountain: It’s definitely a very interesting brand. From what you say, and the pic you included which I also find on Treeo, I’m thinking of the Hydra maybe; or hell, when you’re in for a penny, get in for a dollar, I might as well jump straight to the Asteria, which seems to improve even further on exactly the strengths of the IMR R1. Treeo seems like a dependable place to buy from, what’s you guys’ take on it? Hadn’t heard of it as I’m based in Europe.

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #206 of 207
Thanks for the detailed description :pen_fountain: It’s definitely a very interesting brand. From what you say, and the pic you included which I also find on Treeo, I’m thinking of the Hydra maybe; or hell, when you’re in for a penny, get in for a dollar, I might as well jump straight to the Asteria, which seems to improve even further on exactly the strengths of the IMR R1. Treeo seems like a dependable place to buy from, what’s you guys’ take on it? Hadn’t heard of it as I’m based in Europe.

Hydra seems a good choice too! Some people here in my country uses them as well. I like the asteria better than acrux but its out of my budget. I only bought mine from a local distributor so i cant vouch for treo. nocturnal became really popular here in asia due to great value for money compared to other brands like effect audio, brise audio, etc

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #207 of 207
Presenting IMR Elan paired with Nocturnal Audio Acrux-4, 24AWG 7N UP-OCC cryo-treated pure stranded silver wire (18 strands per conductor) cable, 4 core, litz structure. Definitely looks like made for each other.

20220216_142639.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back