NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Jul 22, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #46 of 207
Let me know if you get a cable clip, I couldn't find one big enough for my Hydra4.   I just think I will have to silicione the cable to a regular clip.   My advice for Zack is to have someone be backup for unexpected absenses.    

Zack, just wanted you to know that I sent a Hydra4 to Aurisonics when they made some adjustments to my AS2.   They were very impressed with your cable and with the diffrerence it made to their IEM.   If your ambitions lie that way, perhaps you could market your cable for some small custom companies???
wink_face.gif

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #47 of 207
  Let me know if you get a cable clip, I couldn't find one big enough for my Hydra4.   I just think I will have to silicione the cable to a regular clip.   My advice for Zack is to have someone be backup for unexpected absenses.    

Zack, just wanted you to know that I sent a Hydra4 to Aurisonics when they made some adjustments to my AS2.   They were very impressed with your cable and with the diffrerence it made to their IEM.   If your ambitions lie that way, perhaps you could market your cable for some small custom companies???
wink_face.gif

Yes, I agree! NocAudio has a great products line up. They will succeed if they market it right.

Anyway Zack, I just received my Acrux4 for my fitear. I can't say any better than the cable itself. Beautifully made and high quality connectors. Dare I say, I just ditched the Twag V3 from my fitear and use it exclusively with HD600. The Acrux is THAT GOOD!

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #48 of 207

Zack, just wanted you to know that I sent a Hydra4 to Aurisonics when they made some adjustments to my AS2.   They were very impressed with your cable and with the diffrerence it made to their IEM.   If your ambitions lie that way, perhaps you could market your cable for some small custom companies???:wink_face:

Yes, I agree! NocAudio has a great products line up. They will succeed if they market it right.

Anyway Zack, I just received my Acrux4 for my fitear. I can't say any better than the cable itself. Beautifully made and high quality connectors. Dare I say, I just ditched the Twag V3 from my fitear and use it exclusively with HD600. The Acrux is THAT GOOD!

TwAg v3? Hmm not bad. I'm seriously put off by the slow comnunications from NocAudio but damn that hydra4 was good... Might buy a few cables once my payment gets here. Just too bad about the wait and my lousy luck with connectors.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #49 of 207

I have a clip from a UE600 that I bought from years ago and I've always used it. I found giving the cable clip to not really give much benefits. The cable, though thin and quite comfortable, is still on the stiffer side and so clipping it on your shirt restricts your ability to move your head around a little bit as the cable does tend to want to stay in one position without moving too much.

Besides, the Y splitter and adjuster has enough weight to keep the cable down and not bouncing around when you walk, without adding any noticable weight. The cable is actually surprisingly quiet. I've found that the clip barely lowers the cable noise, which is already next to nothing. 

So overall, had a clip, but ditched it pretty fast.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #50 of 207
Actually, I have the Hydra 8, not 4, so its much thicker, slider doesn't slide and the wt is noticable so if you can suggest where I can get a clip that would be great.

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #51 of 207
Have the Hydra 8 for months now and do agree about it's weight but it's not causing me any issue with my SE535.
The 8 conductor cable doesn't have a slider as of now but from my understanding, NocAudio is working on something. The one on the cable is just the Y spilt.

Just to add a note that mine was a V1 8 conductor hybrid and not the the Hydra V2 that soundbear owns. Sorry for any confusion. Anyway, I'm really happy with the Nocturnal Hybrid cable and have made an order for a Hydra 4 V2 for my FX850.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #52 of 207
TwAg v3? Hmm not bad. I'm seriously put off by the slow comnunications from NocAudio but damn that hydra4 was good... Might buy a few cables once my payment gets here. Just too bad about the wait and my lousy luck with connectors.

Communication between nocaudio and treoo have been nothing but a nightmare for me.  Answering simple questions get no replies back or a very late reply.  If this cable wasn't this cheap, I wouldn't have bought it.  I really hope I have no issues with it or I can only imagine how much of a pain it will be to return it to get a replacement.

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #53 of 207
I have emailed treoo and nocaudio and both companies have awful customer service unless you want to buy something then they answer back quickly.  Once they have your money they are both really slow or don't reply back at all.  I am thinking I would rather pay more and deal with a more customer friendly company the next time I want cables.  I have tried to get replies from both since 7/28.  Brutal.  Just ^&%$#@(*&) brutal.  I should have bought another Toxic Cable or try one of the Whiplash cables that I have had my eye on.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #55 of 207
That basically sums it up really. I would hope that since Treoo was their distributor that the two had some level of communication with each other. not much communication goes between the two unfortunately.

And the wait time for a cable now i think is almost 8 weeks, which is a pretty hefty waiting period. How long have you been waiting for now?

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #56 of 207
coming up 8 weeks now...this WILL be my last purchase with Treoo...

i believe for the benefit of Zacks' business, he might consider setting up shop for himself so that there won't be a middleman and hopefully better communication between customers.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #57 of 207
  coming up 8 weeks now...this WILL be my last purchase with Treoo...

i believe for the benefit of Zacks' business, he might consider setting up shop for himself so that there won't be a middleman and hopefully better communication between customers.

I sent a message to Zack once and he replied back in a day,  then I followed up a couple other times and no reply.  I just hope that when I do get my cable, that I will have no issues with it.  If I do I might as well toss it in the trash unless there's someone out there that can repair it in the USA because I would not want to deal with either ever again.  At least that's how I feel right now.  Treoo is flat out a terrible company to deal with and they don't take paypal either.  Some of my cc got declined because they probably thought it was being used for fraud.  EVERYONE USES EBAY NOWADAYS.   Treoo needs to get their act together and Nocturnal Audio could also improve their customer service department.  I regret ordering from treoo.  I would rather have paid 100 bucks more from a company that replies back to me quicker as I would have more confidence that if something went wrong, they would help  me out.  I feel that if something wrong happened with my order through treoo that I would be screwed.  Is there a thread for treoo on this site?  If so there should be one to warn people that they are a terrible company to deal with if you are an USA buyer.

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #58 of 207
So it looks like if I want to cancel my order I have to pay 30 singapore dollars to do so.  If they do not reply back in a few days with an update I will seriously consider this and buy a cable from a company that I have more faith in.  

Back on track a bit. I hope that the hydra 8  wire is not too heavy for my jvc fx850.  I have a bad feeling that it might,  but I'm crossing my fingers that I will make it work.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back