NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ591 "Audiophile" headphones unboxing & impressions to come.
Aug 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #136 of 188
My Aerosmith collection pales in comparison to others, but there's a live version of Sweet Emotion from Aerosmith Gold that I rather like.  Actually, the non-live version of Sweet Emotion sounds pretty good too.  :smile:

Is "live bootleg" a good live album?

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #137 of 188
Quote:
Me us more.

Um, wut?  
confused.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #139 of 188
Hey HiFiGuy, you didn't already crack it open did you?  Seems like the perfect opportunity for another unboxing vid!  
smile.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #142 of 188
Aug 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #143 of 188
Quote:
Damn iPhone keyboard. It should be "tell us more".

LOL!  
biggrin.gif

FYI guys, I've been listening to the SE-A1000 all afternoon.  Here are some tracks that sounded particularly GOOD with it:

The Smiths - The Draize Train
Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me (AWESOME this)
Pearljam - Alive
Soul Asylum - Misery
Ride - Crown of Creation
Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Rascal Flatts - Life Is A Highway

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #144 of 188
Also these:

The Psychedelic Furs - Heaven
Toad the Wet Sprocket - All I Want
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On
Echo & the Bunny men - Lips Like Sugar
The Judybats - Native Son
Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her
R.E.M. - Orange Crush
The Shins - Australia
The Trash Can Sinatras - Morning Star
Stetsasonic - Talkin' All That Jazz
Empire of the Sun - Country
Mystic Rhythms Band - Gesso's Guitar Song
Chicane - Bruised Water
ATB - Hero
The Chemical Brothers - Another World
SHeDAISY - Mine All Mine
Randy Travis - Forever And Ever, Amen

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #145 of 188
Quote:
Yeah, it's not for everyone.  I think they should price it at $199.  It would be easier to swallow. 

SE-MJ591's are on sale for 149.99 at Best Buy and have been for a while now. 

I own a pair and love them.  I got them based of HiFiGuy's review - though I would not pay more than 149.99 for them.  At that price they beat the socks off of beats :)

I love the isolation and sound signature...  its a fun portable that looks serious and is well built.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #147 of 188
Nov 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #148 of 188
Quote:
SE-MJ591's are on sale for 149.99 at Best Buy and have been for a while now. 

I own a pair and love them.  I got them based of HiFiGuy's review - though I would not pay more than 149.99 for them.  At that price they beat the socks off of beats :)

I love the isolation and sound signature...  its a fun portable that looks serious and is well built.

They are well built and have a musical and appealing sound character but it you looked under the hood, no way would you think they listed for $299.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #149 of 188
Well I just got this earlier in the day and so far had them burn in for 5 hours before I took a listen. So far I like them better than the Sennheiser HD 360 Pro(which maybe rebranded PX360), in terms of comfort. As for SQ I found the 360s to better in the highs, while so far I prefer the 591 for everything else. I have also found the bass on these to actually be less fatiguing too. I also tried out a pair of Pioneer HDJ500, which I really liked in terms of comfort(though the cups did get a bit hot) and looks. However, there was something about the SQ that didn't sit right with me, I think it was in the bass and treble balance that I couldn't get into. I did give a listen to the P3, and liked the fabric cups, and lighter weight better, but I didn't get a good chance to really see if the SQ was for me or not.

If I paid the actually $300 these are retailing for it would be a pure no(as in out of budget for me, nor does it sound like it's worth $300), but I got them $150 at Magnolia. So far they could be a keeper, but more testing, and burn-in is needed before I decide if they are really for me or not. 

Another question I just saw HiFimans vid comparing 591 to the P5 and the Focal Spirit. Now the question is if I am looking for something for home and light travel would the Focal Sprits be the better all around choice? How would you compare sound stage, balance, and how natural(i.e close to what the artist intended) vs the 591? I ask because I noticed Amazon has open box models for less than 591 cost. Thanks.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #150 of 188
Spirit One is a nice headphone. Smooth response, full bodied, more bass presence and more spacious than the 591. Folds up nice for travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back