New Beats Headphones, the "Executive"
Nov 16, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #31 of 117

Quote:
To be honest, I feel there's a huge market waiting for that killer combination of marketing savvy ( which monster has done VERY well ), a well-built goodlooking product and stellar sound.

Monster has 2. Probably the more important two also, considering that the masses generally are hearing anything thats not iBuds for the first time so beats are already audio nirvana for them.

That's it. And all those who came from iBuds are accelerating the hype around the beats.
So this marketing strategy works perfectly for Monster. And Dr Dre of course.
The only good thing is that maybe some of Beats buyers get more interested in headphones and they are already used to pay a huge for it.
Maybe some of them land here at head-fi.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #33 of 117

Quote:

If they sound like the Shure SRH-940, cost $175 and have removable logos I will give them a solid chance.

I love steel and black leather.

That gave me a good laugh.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #36 of 117
For goodness sake, Iovine is going after business men now? The website is a telling story:

" These high definition headphones combine Beats’ legendary sound quality..." FAIL

"Noise cancellation..." FAIL

"...rich, elegant accents..." WFT? How can an accent be rich? BUZZWORD FAIL.

Not lookin' good already. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #37 of 117

Do these actually use AA or AAA batteries? If a $400 headphone doesn't even have a rechargable long-life gumstick battery then it's purely a marketing experiment imho.

I remember when cheap portable CD players used AA batteries, and then the advanced ones had rechargable long-life gumstick batteries, a high-tech remote control, a stand, PC software, and optical out, and still cost less than half of this headphone.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SONY-DISCMAN-WALKMAN-PORTABLE-CD-PLAYER-D-NE900-BOXED-/24/!CFUrVpQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!jkE1Iz-2ChvBNUt)tNsK!~~_3.JPG

Portable audio, year 2012.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #41 of 117
Wheres the link kiteki? I want to give support to anyone who's against Beats.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #43 of 117
I really hope they sound good because beats are so damn sexy. I would seriously consider buying them and then wear some good IEMs under :wink: so i can get good sound and look good at the same time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back