Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
Jul 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #121 of 253
Earfonia recently got the S1 and says it is much better tuned from his M Duo. You can read his impressions I believe a page back  http://www.head-fi.org/t/717275/narmoos-new-s1-dual-dynamic-supremus/90#post_10652960

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #122 of 253
Jul 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #123 of 253
  Saw the 40% off on the Deals thread and decided to look around for reviews. I have Meelec's M-Duo for my dual driver IEM and was looking for comparison. I saw a few mention on page 5 but it's more speculation than a direct comparison. Has anyone compared the two? Will it be redundant to own both? I feel the M-Duo's mid range/vocals are a bit lean-sounding and wished for them to be a little warmer. Are the S1 mids warm and full-bodied? That's what I'm looking for. Thanks.
I have 3 days before the deal expires...tic toc...

My real problem with the M-Duo is the cross-over circuit is lousy, I can clearly hear 2 different drivers, with a dip notch at maybe around 2.5 kHz, which is maybe the crossover frequency. So coherency between the 2 drivers is not good on the M-Duo.  Narmoo on the other way sounds very coherent, it's sounding like one wide spectrum driver, very good coherency between the 2 drivers.  S1 mids is natural, much better than M-Duo. Not warm, not analytical, just plain natural.  Not thin, midrange body is good, but not the level of fat or warm.  And the bass.... oh man, I never heard better bass at this price category... the bass is very2 good quality and powerful, and very balance with the midrange, never muddied or coloured the mids. S1 is simply, what Singaporean use to say, 'die die must buy' IEM 
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #124 of 253
I have to agree these are much better than anyone would consider especially at the sale price they are going for. I would try a pair and find out for yourselves how good these earphones are. I asked about how the M duo was very similar looking to these and I was assured these S1s have nothing to do with Mduos and that is awesome. 

By the way Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #125 of 253
I asked about how the M duo was very similar looking to these and I was assured these S1s have nothing to do with Mduos and that is awesome. 

By the way Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans.

Confirm, there is no similarity at all between M-Duo and S1, especially on their the sound quality!

Happy independence day to all fellow Americans! 

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #126 of 253
I placed an order for these today. Total was a little over $31 with shipping. Looking forward to hearing them!

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #128 of 253
Jul 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #132 of 253
I'm not understanding the hype for this set.  They're definitely competent but they don't punch above their price level.  Also, the driver flex is the worst I've ever encountered to the point where it's irritating.

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #133 of 253
I'm not understanding the hype for this set.  They're definitely competent but they don't punch above their price level.  Also, the driver flex is the worst I've ever encountered to the point where it's irritating.

I haven't had any flex on my pair...same with the R1M. My Sony XB50 on the other hand....let me move my eyelid *crinkle crinkle*

Plus....I'm not sure if its hype so much with these, but the fact they compete and compare well with many of the other iems in their price bracket that are currently being hyped. Although....that damn case should be hyped....just sayin'...lol

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #135 of 253
I haven't had any flex on my pair...same with the R1M. My Sony XB50 on the other hand....let me move my eyelid *crinkle crinkle*

Plus....I'm not sure if its hype so much with these, but the fact they compete and compare well with many of the other iems in their price bracket that are currently being hyped. Although....that damn case should be hyped....just sayin'...lol

The case is definitely superb (if you want something a little larger than you typically need for an IEM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back