Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
May 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #244 of 253
know of any?

Under 20 bucks eh? I would start looking into Knowledge Zenith (KZ stuff). EDse, ED8, ED9, etc. All those are generally around the 10 dollar mark, and bat way above their price point in both price and build quality.

This thread should get you pointed in the right direction if you are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread

I also just got the SUR s530 a few days ago. I haven't put a ton of time into them yet, but they are pretty sweet so far. Their bass output is just massive.....absolutely massive. It gets a little tiring, but man are they fun.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-SUR-S530-HD-Super-Bass-EarPhones-In-ear-Headphones-Earbuds-Headphone-Headset-Earphones-with-Microphone/32311497003.html

May 2, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #245 of 253
Under 20 bucks eh? I would start looking into the Knowledge Zenith (KZ stuff). EDse, ED8, ED9, etc. All those are generally around the 10 dollar mark, and bat way above their price point in both price and build quality.

This thread should get you pointed in the right direction if you are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread

I also just got the SUR s530 a few days ago. I haven't put a ton of time into them yet, but they are pretty sweet so far. Their bass output is just massive.....absolutely massive. It gets a little tiring, but man are they fun.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-SUR-S530-HD-Super-Bass-EarPhones-In-ear-Headphones-Earbuds-Headphone-Headset-Earphones-with-Microphone/32311497003.html
have u tried xiaomi piston's before?

May 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #247 of 253
I bought the S1 back in December and still use it daily with a DX50/C&C BH2. My next iem will definitely be a dual dynamic. I might just by another S1 as back up since I use them so much.

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #249 of 253
Grabbed a pair of these over the weekend, and it sounded pretty weak on my iPhone, which was the main purpose I purchased them. After popping these into an amplifier, the entire experience changed, and they became something absolutely phenomenal with absolutely everything hitting the mark, especially the bass, which truly pushed my listening experience to the next level. Guess I need to get a cheap mobile amplifier. Sad, that I was told this could shine without an amplifier, but no way am i returning them after I heard what they have to offer.

What's a good cheap amplifier which will compliment these for mobile use (something which can obviously travel in my pocket or something similar)?

Dec 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #250 of 253
Grabbed a pair of these over the weekend, and it sounded pretty weak on my iPhone, which was the main purpose I purchased them. After popping these into an amplifier, the entire experience changed, and they became something absolutely phenomenal with absolutely everything hitting the mark, especially the bass, which truly pushed my listening experience to the next level. Guess I need to get a cheap mobile amplifier. Sad, that I was told this could shine without an amplifier, but no way am i returning them after I heard what they have to offer.

What's a good cheap amplifier which will compliment these for mobile use (something which can obviously travel in my pocket or something similar)?

I've got the Topping NX1. Pretty cheap and they pair well, though something a little warmer sounding might be even better.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #252 of 253
I bought a pair of these nearly 12 months ago. Not into iems so much these days, but I really like these little bass cannons. Sold or given away a bunch of 'phones and in ears over the last year, but these are keepers, despite being among the cheapest. Was using Sony MDR XB950BT for out and about as wireless is so convenient, but the bass quality got to me in the end. I sold the Sonys and am going back to these Narmoos with a double stack (Sony Xperia Z Ultra + Onkyo HA200) for walking the dog and other portable duties. They do like plenty of power, but apart from a touch of grain and softer, slightly rolled off treble they're not far off the Sony XBA H3 from memory. Sadly I lost the XBA H3, but the S1 eased the pain. Bass is reasonably tight and impact is very good. Drums sound fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back