Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
May 25, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #91 of 253
Just ordered a set of these.  I've been buying a bunch of $40 and below earphones for an IEM gym use shootout.  It made sense to pick these up because the outgoing model are my trusty R1 Brainwavz (impressively lasting over a year of serious abuse); both are dual drivers and cheaper earphones have been getting better and better lately, we'll see how they compare.

Jun 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #92 of 253
How is the woofer and tweeter coherency? Do they sound as a single driver, or do you hear some separation between the woofer and tweeter?

I have Meelec M-Duo, and the coherency is not good between woofer and tweeter. While my TDK IE-800 have much better coherency than the M-Duo.

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #93 of 253
How is the woofer and tweeter coherency? Do they sound as a single driver, or do you hear some separation between the woofer and tweeter?

I have Meelec M-Duo, and the coherency is not good between woofer and tweeter. While my TDK IE-800 have much better coherency than the M-Duo.

What would someone be listening for in order to tell?

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #94 of 253

Coherency is actually very good on these. Both drivers seems to be firing off in unison. Hard to notice that there are two drivers working in these. I haven't noticed anything that stands out more than another in the sound..

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #95 of 253

What would someone be listening for in order to tell?

Any general music recording will do, as normally it is quite obvious with multi-drivers IEM.  That's why I sometime skeptic with multi-drivers, especially BA IEM, many of the multi-drivers are very expensive while sound quality is just mediocre.
It is quite easy to detect, especially when we are used to a good single driver earphones.  Listening to incoherent multi-drivers, we can hear different signatures of the drivers, sometime with some frequency dip, that sounds like a notch in the frequency spectrum, that is suspected caused by the crossover circuit. Even the famous UE TF10 sometime sounds incoherent between the mids and the treble, with a frequency dip around 3 kHz, especially when driven by medium to high output impedance player.  But not noticeable when using low output impedance player.

Coherency is actually very good on these. Both drivers seems to be firing off in unison. Hard to notice that there are two drivers working in these. I haven't noticed anything that stands out more than another in the sound..

Sounds good! Thanks! 
Man... you make me want to order one 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #96 of 253
I think if there is one negative on the sound is that these have a bit of dryness in tone but otherwise the spacial layering and full sound on these are well worth the price. These actually hang in there real well against the Tenors and Ostrys. Some guys might actually like these more so..

Jun 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #98 of 253
  I think if there is one negative on the sound is that these have a bit of dryness in tone but otherwise the spacial layering and full sound on these are well worth the price. These actually hang in there real well against the Tenors and Ostrys. Some guys might actually like these more so..

Finally ordered the S1 
bigsmile_face.gif

The Tenore although has full sounding midrange, but it is actually a bit dry as well. Not warm sounding like the FX850 for example.  Fiio X5 matches better with dry sounding IEMs, better then the DX90.  While DX90 is better for the warm sounding IEMs 
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks for the explanation earfonia! Much appreciated.

You're most welcome! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #99 of 253
My Brainwavz M3 finally died...so I need a replacement.
Do you think that the Narmoos will suit me fine? I'm looking for something with a good build quality, and an enjoyable sound. Should I try the Narmoos or save a bit more for another eaprhone?

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #100 of 253
I switched out the poor Narmoo tips for the red Noble 4 tips, I didn't like them with the Noble but they seem very well suited to the S1.

Is anyone else experiencing driver flex with their set?  It's only on the right side but very distinct.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #102 of 253
Received Narmoo S1 a few days ago, but just got the chance to try them yesterday...

Wow wow wow...! Simply one of the best IEM sub $50! Balanced, good detail and clarity, and also very good bass! Sounds good out of the box. My Meelec M-Duo sounds very poor compared to S1. It also sounds better than the Xiaomi Piston 2.
Thanks for this discovery!
Very happy with the Narmoo S1 :)

Btw, i hear driver flex on both left and right drivers.

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #103 of 253
Ya unfortunately I also have driver flex. It doesn't seem to affect the overall quality of the sound or degrade it in any way. I don't think the S1s are vented enough to let out some of the pressure of insertion so I would just be careful when inserting the S1.. Glad you find them to your liking..Really good for the money I have to say.

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #104 of 253
Narmoo S1 is clearly another giant killer :)

It is really a nice surprise to find this gem with this sound quality for under $50.

Great discovery Dsnuts!

I'm not worry with driver flex, many of my IEM have driver flex, yet still sound good after more than a year of use. For example my JVC FXD80.

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #105 of 253
Hope to read some comparisons between the S1 and the new Vsonic VSD3/VSD3S in the near future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back