Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus!
May 15, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #61 of 253
Hello! Just got my pair today. Posting some pics and first impressions.

* I quite like the stock tips. The mediums, which came installed, fit perfectly. The material used actually reminds me A LOT of the tips on my J+- Wooden Earbuds (they were 5 CAD...take that as you will). From the sounds of it, I am in the minority when it comes to liking these tips.
* The build quality is great. Could not find any issues with fit/finish on the housings, and the cable feels awesome. Nothing like any of my other headphones. I quite like it. Microphonics are a bit invasive at low volumes though. Strain relief at the plug/jack seems a little stubby...
* Out of the box they sound nice, but less bass than I was expecting; sound about the same as my FXT90. The mids are a bit less forward than I like, but still sound crisp and clear. Highs are less in-your-face and more smooth than those on the FXT90s (this is a definite plus).
* If they sound this good out of the box, I can't wait to see what some subjective 'burn-in' will do.

**Quick test done with my Nexus S, eq'd for the FTX90.**

May 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #62 of 253
You guys got them. Nice. Commence burn in and take a good listen after around 50 hours and then again at 100.. Should make everyone pretty happy they got one. And try some wider bore tips if you have any.

May 15, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #63 of 253
  You guys got them. Nice. Commence burn in and take a good listen after around 50 hours and then again at 100.. Should make everyone pretty happy they got one. And try some wider bore tips if you have any.

Burn in already in process :D I put on the tips from my UE100 (ever so slightly wider bore) and didn't notice much difference. I don't have too many tips options, but I'll cycle through what I have to see what works best.

May 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #64 of 253
The wider the bore the better. It will open up the dynamics on the sound..I tried the stock tips one time and that was that. Best way to tell if a tip has an affect on the sound is if you get used to how that sounds with the stock tips. And then throw on a wider bore tip. But I know we all have different shaped ears so this might not be the case for everyone.. However I am certain better tips will help out the sounds.

Oh wait. Try out your tips you have on your FXT90. JVC tips. Those have very wide bores.

May 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #65 of 253
  The wider the bore the better. It will open up the dynamics on the sound..I tried the stock tips one time and that was that. Best way to tell if a tip has an affect on the sound is if you get used to how that sounds with the stock tips. And then throw on a wider bore tip. But I know we all have different shaped ears so this might not be the case for everyone.. However I am certain better tips will help out the sounds.

Oh wait. Try out your tips you have on your FXT90. JVC tips. Those have very wide bores.

Switched mid-song (Deeply Disturbed - Infected Mushroom)...there's the bass I was hearing about! Mids are better. Good call Ds.

May 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #66 of 253
Yup these do have some solid dynamics and that layering which is heard with them wider bores..They will only sound better with more burn in from this point on. Happy listening.. Let your friends hear them once you got them burned in. People will not be able to guess at how little you spent on these.

May 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #67 of 253
  Yup these do have some solid dynamics and that layering which is heard with them wider bores..They will only sound better with more burn in from this point on. Happy listening.. Let your friends hear them once you got them burned in. People will not be able to guess at how little you spent on these.

I'm looking forward to hearing them after some solid burn in. If they are anything like the T90s in that respect, the sound will really open up down the road.

I wish I new someone who cared about quality sound to share these with, but nope. The best pair of headphones my friends have are original Monster Beats Solo (sigh...), and one has the Panasonic RP-HJE120 because I convinced him to buy them when they were on clearance for five or six dollars. They both think the Tritton Kunai I have are amazing (I think they are great for the price point they fall into, but they sure aren't amazing). The S1 would be wasted on them unfortunately.

Anyone in this thread from London, Ontario? lol

May 17, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #69 of 253
after 1.5 day's burn-in, i can tell the diff at mid and high, should I do more burn-in?

You do not have to 'burn-in', just enjoy the music!  
L3000.gif

May 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #71 of 253
  These Narmoo folk seem to be on a mission. A mission of greatness for the money and I have to say with each new introduction of their earphones the SQ of the earphones seems to be getting better and better yet the cost is laughably affordable. Introducing the newest earphone from Narmoo. The S1

Specs:

Dual dynamic 10mm woofer, 6mm tweeter,
Sensitivity 102db/1mW
Impedance 10 Ohms
Frequency Range 5Hz-23Khz
1.2Meter Black PU cable
Narmoo Case.

Excellent review as always ! :)

How does it compare to MEElectronics M-Duo Dual Driver ?

Price wise in the same league, while the M-Duo using 9mm & 5mm drivers instead of 10mm & 6mm in Narmoo S1.

May 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #72 of 253
Ya I asked Narmoo direct about them Meelecs. They have confirmed to me that their design has nothing to do with the Meelecs.. Meelecs always has big bass in their dynamics so I don't think it will be any different here. The S1s are more balanced and don't have a V shape sound which I suspect the Meelecs do..

MTX of car audio fame also has one that looks identical to the S1 but with a mic as well. 

May 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #73 of 253
  Ya I asked Narmoo direct about them Meelecs. They have confirmed to me that their design has nothing to do with the Meelecs.. Meelecs always has big bass in their dynamics so I don't think it will be any different here. The S1s are more balanced and don't have a V shape sound which I suspect the Meelecs do..

MTX of car audio fame also has one that looks identical to the S1 but with a mic as well.

The MTX ones

The MTX one doesn't look identical, but quad drivers dual drivers per side, solid aluminum build, 8mm for low freq, 6mm for high freq? My interest has been peaked.

http://www.mtx.com/ix2-black-mtx-earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back