Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
May 31, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #241 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's got 21 tube auctions on eBay right now. Some are nice looking tubes, and while his eBay feedback is perfect, no way would I buy any tubes from him.

I dont see how he keeps his feedback good? Both myself and a friend have had bad results when ordering tubes from him in the past.

May 31, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #242 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont see how he keeps his feedback good?

He has no choice but to keep his feedback good if he has a lot of tubes to unload. If he starts ripping people off on eBay they will eventually suspend his seller account if there are enough claims against him. And since eBay owns Paypal he can loose access to that service too.

--Jerome

May 31, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #243 of 297
Yep - ebay is the easiest place to sell tibes by far. So he has to keep his feedback there perfect. Plus, he has the tubes - its not like amps wherehe wod take money to build one but then have to go buy parts to make it, and then end up not doing it for whatever reason. Tubes he already owns he can convert to immediate cash.

May 31, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #244 of 297
Look at the kinds of tubes mikhail is selling, and the rate he is
selling them on ebay. Even if he paid nothing for all those tubes
$1k a month is not going to get him out of trouble...

May 31, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #245 of 297
The Premiums he's asking for them will keep a lot of people away. Three hundred dollars for a pair of Tung Sol 5998.

edit: I didn't pay that, I just saw him list a pair of (matched) 5998s for that. I buy from members.

May 31, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #247 of 297
May 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #249 of 297
EBay name: supra_buyer

Store Name: USA Tubes

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #250 of 297
I sent a message through every one of his tube adds under supra_buyer. it got a reply to be patient and he would ship this week. I know hes lying but at least i made him respond to me. i think every one of us should send him messages about our amps through his ebay adds.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #251 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmcdonou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing from me either. He just likes to say things like I will finish your amp this week thinking I will be placated and go away for a while. I am sure he has no intention of doing anything. It really is weird. He told he Head-fi isn't really his main base of customers, yet I find that hard to believe. If he isn't working on our amps is it reasonable to assume he is working on other peoples? I doubt it, yet what is he doing then, just sitting around?

I think he does what other thieves do. They sit around and count the money they steal, and then wonder how they are going to steal some more. I think tubes are the only thing left that he sells legit. But sooner or later, he will start ripping off his tube customers too. its who he is, and what he does.
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #252 of 297
I'm tempted to send him an email through one of his eBay listings asking when he is going to get around to shipping my amp. I have never bought an amp from Mikhail, but it would be interesting to see if I receive a "I will ship your amp next week" note as a reflex reply.

This guy is really something else.

--Jerome

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #253 of 297
Jerome do it and let us know what the reply is.

You may be right, he doesn't even know or care who it is that is emailing him and just automatically sends back that reply.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #254 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm tempted to send him an email through one of his eBay listings asking when he is going to get around to shipping my amp. I have never bought an amp from Mikhail, but it would be interesting to see if I receive a "I will ship your amp next week" note as a reflex reply.

This guy is really something else.

--Jerome

I send him a message asking where my preamp is, through every tube add he has on ebay, everyday.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #255 of 297
jsaliga has gotten it exactly right. He needs a constant flood of people asking such as "where is my amp?" Even though they never bought an amp from him. That could become a nice little hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back