Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
May 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #211 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They get away with that? Maybe it's different elsewhere, but threateningc riminal prosecution to gain an advantage in civil litigation is a line not to be crossed.

I don't know the exact mechanism in Mikhail's jurisdiction, but there ought to be a method of filing an ex parte motion shortly after filing suit to get an injunction against Mikhail to stop him from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of assets. Which is why you need an aggressive creditor's attorney there - he or she will know how to handle these things and really put the hammer down on him.

no, no, no...you misunderstand...indeed, that would be over the line...nothing so obvious as an overt threat but political connections and subtle power plays are of course part of the extra-legal legal process....as for an injunction, tro, etc., these are granted reluctantly and on a temp basis with a specific fact pattern that doesn't appear to be operative in this case....in order to successfully get such an equitable remedy, you need a high probability of success in legal outcome, defintive harm resulting from continued activity sought to be prevented, secreting funds...

May 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #213 of 297
May 14, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #214 of 297
I am really sorry to read all this.

In another forum and with other gear I am involved in a similar situation.
Someone has stolen $20.000 from around 30 forum members by not producing and delivering the pre-paid items.
We gave the case to an attorney but even after two years nothing came through.
This is very annoying
frown.gif

I hope things will run better in this case!

Jochen

May 17, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #216 of 297
He has been doing some major avoiding, at least with me.

May 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #218 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, no, no...you misunderstand...indeed, that would be over the line...nothing so obvious as an overt threat but political connections and subtle power plays are of course part of the extra-legal legal process....as for an injunction, tro, etc., these are granted reluctantly and on a temp basis with a specific fact pattern that doesn't appear to be operative in this case....in order to successfully get such an equitable remedy, you need a high probability of success in legal outcome, defintive harm resulting from continued activity sought to be prevented, secreting funds...

I know injunctions, etc. are granted sparingly, but they're not the entire point. If someone comes after you viciously, sometimes you'll do the right thing instead of having the court do it.

If Mikhail gets served with a complaint and a raft of other stuff, he'll probably do one of two things. One, he'll hide and ignore it, giving you a default. Two, he'll go to a lawyer who will want a five figure retainer. Further, that lawyer might sit him down and tell him to knock off the BS and make good, otherwise he'll run up tens of thousands in legal fees and still lose. Then, for a much lower retainer, might agree to represent him in a settlement.

But just whining and making excuses for not doing anything plays directly into the hide, avoid and hope everything goes away strategy.

Someone needs to take the lead and find someone who will go on a full attack. What's happening now will result in nothing.

May 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #219 of 297
Any news? Anyone?

May 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #223 of 297
This is really sad to read. I have an old PPX3, one of the first made in the black enclosures, that is still going strong after 6 years. It even survived being yanked off a dresser by cats and falling 4 feet to the floor. I just hope it keeps working since I know when or if it stops functioning I won't be getting service for it. I used to be a strong proponent of Singlepower but after reading this thread I most certainly am not anymore. I still love my amp but I've lost any respect for the company or the people running it. This is just sickening that so many people have been taken like this. I really hope that the folks caught in the middle of this get some sort of just resolution
frown.gif

Has anybody visited the company in person recently? I'm not sure exactly, but I think they were located out at 17th and Chambers in Aurora.

May 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #224 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is really sad to read. I have an old PPX3, one of the first made in the black enclosures, that is still going strong after 6 years. It even survived being yanked off a dresser by cats and falling 4 feet to the floor. I just hope it keeps working since I know when or if it stops functioning I won't be getting service for it. I used to be a strong proponent of Singlepower but after reading this thread I most certainly am not anymore. I still love my amp but I've lost any respect for the company or the people running it. This is just sickening that so many people have been taken like this. I really hope that the folks caught in the middle of this get some sort of just resolution
frown.gif

Has anybody visited the company in person recently? I'm not sure exactly, but I think they were located out at 17th and Chambers in Aurora.

It's even sadder when you are out thousands of dollars.
mad.gif
And years of wait time.
As far as your amp goes, Idf it does break I am sure there is someone within close range that can work on it.

May 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #225 of 297
The Justice system can't work for anyone unless the complaints are officially submitted in writing with the T's crossed and i's dotted.

It's exactly as Erik says...it stinks but there it is...if you want justice it's going to cost you something to get that...it'll either be time and or more money or nothing at all. At this point you've got nothing left to lose and everything to gain (possibly). At any rate doing nothing will get you nothing.

SP is counting on your reluctance to spend more money to go after them ...Erik is 100% right.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back