Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Feb 23, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #256 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, to help clarify, you can't use the E182CC or 5687's with MKII,MKIII.
The eBay listers are not correct and several of us have reminded them of this, but they do not change their listings.

Correct, unless you make a custom pin redirecting adapter, or rewire the board, E182cc/5687's cannot be used.

Feb 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #257 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2!!! I also got a pair from ebay that I am burning in and these are excellent tubes!! They are the tubes with the National brand on them.

Hey Roger! I have a set of the EF91 6CQ6's with the National brand on them. They sound wonderful! I'm going to keep them in mind, when searching for other tubes as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #260 of 3,408
Guys, I have a chance to purchase a matched pair of Mullard M8100's but they don't have the shield on them. Are they still good tubes???

Feb 23, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #262 of 3,408
Thanks for the clarification on power tubes penchum and ethebull. Now I can plunge further into debt
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #263 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using these Russian NOS 6Zh1P-EV EF95 compatible driver tubes for about 150 hours now. I'll share what I know about them. All my impressions have been using the Little-Dot MKII tube amplifier:

First, they have a unique design. There are three molded indentations running down the length of the outside diameter of the tubes. This suggests they were "secured" tight in whatever original use they had. This also suggests they are extremely rugged for that same original use. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made for military aircraft use.

Second, they took less than 40 hours to mature. I'm not sure if this is due to their heavy duty construction, or close tolerances (higher quality) internally. My guess would be the higher quality.

Third, they have become my favorite EF95 tubes, for all types of music. They have no noise, excellent control over all frequencies, present an amazing amount of dynamics and a sound stage that is more than pleasing. Using the best sources I have, these tubes really show their stuff, while maintaining some of that "tube" warmth we all expect.

Forth, I would have to say these little wonders are directly competing with the better EF92 tubes. The frequency response is surprisingly flat, highs are extended and clear, and the lows are just fantastic! Plenty of clean punch, while showing the ability to reproduce those bass ranges where bass guitars and synthesizers like to play.

Fifth, the cost is so low for this kind of performance, everyone should get a set before demand raises the prices. I have no idea if these tubes are stock piled, but they are showing up more frequently on eBay. For the MKII, these little gems have become my new standard of performance for EF95 tubes. I hope everyone who has a MKII or MKIII, will acquire a set. They are just too nice to pass on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Penchum!
Just a short question for a short answer: I have received these tube today and just want to know if I need to install jumpers with these on the LD MKIII.

Thanks

regards,

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #264 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Penchum!
Just a short question for a short answer: I have received these tube today and just want to know if I need to install jumpers with these on the LD MKIII.

Thanks

regards,

They are EF95 types - no jumpers.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #265 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, my first choice was the Tung-Sol 403B
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Sorry bout that pfillion, that must have been you I was bidding against for those TS-403b's on Yen's site. I'm sure he has more of them. Yep I won the pair. Bit pricey but I've paid more (upscale audio...Kevin charges a lot for Amperex orange label 7308's).

I also picked up a set of Sylvania mil spec 5654's from Yen as well. They were made in 1953. I'll bet these are a surprise.

Regards,

Peete.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #266 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry bout that pfillion, that must have been you I was bidding against for those TS-403b's on Yen's site. I'm sure he has more of them. Yep I won the pair. Bit pricey but I've paid more (upscale audio...Kevin charges a lot for Amperex orange label 7308's).

I also picked up a set of Sylvania mil spec 5654's from Yen as well. They were made in 1953. I'll bet these are a surprise.

Regards,

Peete.

haha, no problem my friend
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #267 of 3,408
Quote:

Hi Penchum!

Thanks

regards,

Damm, curiosity just took my wallet for a ride. Got a quad set on the way!!
rolleyes.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #268 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by headcheck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damm, curiosity just took my wallet for a ride. Got a quad set on the way!!
rolleyes.gif

I did BIN on Feb. 11. Still haven't received them. Hoping they'll come this week - I'm TIRED OF WAITING!

They do look like really well made tubes in the pictures.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #269 of 3,408
Quote:

Hi Penchum!

Thanks

regards,

Yes indeed, no jumpers. EF95 compatibles.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #270 of 3,408
My MK-III arrived this morning!
biggrin.gif

Burn in and data gathering has already started. What a beautiful amp! Sleek, slim and powerful! I just love it!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back