Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,141 of 5,933
Scott,
I'm encouraged to read your much more favorable view of the Geek Wave and company. You are, imho, one of the few fair-minded people, evidently that inhabit this. site. and I welcome your refreshing viewpoint on what may actually be happening with the campaign.
there are, evidently so many who just want something to complain about and I sincerely wish they'd show more maturity.

Thanks Rip. Having spent time in engineering, marketing, sales, customer service, M&A, strategy and various leadership and consulting roles I can see the different points of view. 

And there is some natural law about "conservation of complaining" in the human condition. Hence why people always talk about the weather. 

A college professor of mine a long time ago told us one of the secrets of life is to set low expectations so that you are pleasantly surprised when things turn out. Don't necessarily agree with him 100%, but there is a hint of Zen in the statement that I agree with. 

Cheers 

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,142 of 5,933
Scott,
I'm encouraged to read your much more favorable view of the Geek Wave and company. You are, imho, one of the few fair-minded people, evidently that inhabit this. site. and I welcome your refreshing viewpoint on what may actually be happening with the campaign.
there are, evidently so many who just want something to complain about and I sincerely wish they'd show more maturity.

Easier said than done - crowdfunding campaigns aren't for the faint of heart and are inherently frustrating as I have learned. I think Scott knew what he was getting himself into whereas many of us did not, so shame on us, I suppose. That said, unless you have skin in the game, you don't really know what it's like to be a backer of LH - lots of ups and downs and What moments. I think they're going to come pretty close to their target device in the end, so I'm optimistic in spite of my fits of complaining and hand-wringing.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #1,144 of 5,933
Crowd is definitely not for the weak and you are always taking a risk. It solely depends on your appetite for risk to back something or not.

@gikigill - Too true. 

Entrepreneurship is the same. Was much easier to study in school than to be one! 

One other thing. Across the life of my audio hobby I've gotten to the point where I rarely buy a major piece of gear without getting to know the person behind it. For example Dr. John and Brannan at Noble, Bobby P. at Merlin, Ralph K. at Atma-Sphere, Steve M. at McCormack/SMc, etc. Those are all great relationships. However, while I've shared ideas and thoughts with these folks across the years, I've never been in the "guts" of a product (at times literally) with Larry and the LHL team. Totally different ball game, and I love it. Frustrating as heck at some times? Sure. Even more fun at other times? Abso-friggin-lutely. 

Cheers 

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #1,145 of 5,933
I agree that you have to know what you're getting into with crowd funding before putting any money forward. I'm an avid crowd funder (over 75 different ones as of now) and it's nothing like traditional buying. And it's a gamble if the company is a complete unknown. That's one reason I had no issue giving LH Labs my money, Light Harmonic is a known variable when it comes to sound quality. Sure the production delays are suck but think about the last time you knew a product was coming to stores and it was pushed back. The issues LH Labs is running into are some of the problems that cause those same setbacks in traditional sales. Games, movies, and other products run into setbacks all of the time. Sure it sucks when it happens and yes it's frustrating but it comes with the territory.

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,146 of 5,933
I backed LHLabs on sheer blind luck and so far have been very happy with the product. Of course, there was always a chance it would end in tears but at this point in time I am very confident in their ability to deliver.

Welcome to the new world!

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #1,152 of 5,933
I like the angular case a lot.  The geek stream dac/amp for phones  on igg shows it uses a case that looks pretty much the same.. which makes sense since the internal dac and amp are based on the same design I think

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,153 of 5,933
Volume control is going to be analog or digital or mix of both for even less channel imbalance and distortion?

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,155 of 5,933
Nothing like a hot render to get me to break and up to the 64 from the 32.
frown.gif

Wait, why did the render get you to upgrade!?!? I am still keeping my order as one 32 and one fully balls to the wall one from the original campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back