Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 28, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,156 of 5,933
Wait, why did the render get you to upgrade!?!? I am still keeping my order as one 32 and one fully balls to the wall one from the original campaign.

Mainly the delay concerns with the 32's vendor memory issue. The wave looks nice enough now that I don't want to wait for the extra time the 32's will require (delivering last and probably pretty late) But part of me also wanted the dual card slots as well (which I'm assuming I'll get now).

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #1,157 of 5,933

Mainly the delay concerns with the 32's vendor memory issue. The wave looks nice enough now that I don't want to wait for the extra time the 32's will require (delivering last and probably pretty late) But part of me also wanted the dual card slots as well (which I'm assuming I'll get now).

Oh man, I'm out of it.

So NAND sourcing is an issue with the 32? Is the 64 first (I figured this might be the case)? 

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,158 of 5,933
Oh man, I'm out of it.

So NAND sourcing is an issue with the 32? Is the 64 first (I figured this might be the case)? 

Not sure which will be first but it has been mentioned by LH that 32's will be produced last and at this moment delayed indefinitely. The upgrade perk for 32 to 64 hints at this. They say they are trying to source another vendor but it's not looking good, in the perk details. I wasn't going to upgrade b/c I think I shouldn't have to buy my way out of their problem but a sexy render does miracles for weakening resolve.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,159 of 5,933
Has LH settled on the balanced connector yet for the Wave? Is it the 2.5mm TRRS or 3.5mm TRRS? Any news?

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,161 of 5,933
Can someone explain this to me 

They must include TRS adapter, not TRRS.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,163 of 5,933
Not sure which will be first but it has been mentioned by LH that 32's will be produced last and at this moment delayed indefinitely. The upgrade perk for 32 to 64 hints at this. They say they are trying to source another vendor but it's not looking good, in the perk details. I wasn't going to upgrade b/c I think I shouldn't have to buy my way out of their problem but a sexy render does miracles for weakening resolve.

Does that mean youre going to be backing other perks that are available to the 64 and up?  Its exactly what they want! haha

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,164 of 5,933
Does that mean youre going to be backing other perks that are available to the 64 and up?  Its exactly what they want! haha

Lol, true but I had backed most of them since they were available to the 32 anyway.
Femto Clock
IEM Package
Stand Alone DAC
Dual DAC

And now that I upped to 64, I said why not on the chip upgrade for $22. Probably won't be audible but gives good bragging rights I suppose. What a pushover I turned out to be.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,165 of 5,933
Lol, true but I had backed most of them since they were available to the 32 anyway.
Femto Clock
IEM Package
Stand Alone DAC
Dual DAC

And now that I upped to 64, I said why not on the chip upgrade for $22. Probably won't be audible but gives good bragging rights I suppose. What a pushover I turned out to be.

lol, but you held out for a long time. Give yourself some credit :)

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,166 of 5,933
Femto Clock
IEM Package
Stand Alone DAC
Dual DAC

I totally get your feeling as an 32 backer, but I have lost all confident/enthusiasm for the geek wave or LH in general I had a hard time believing anything (e.g. memory supply delay issue) and won't give LH a single penny more than I had. If this turned out to be a great DAP when it is finally out compared to whatever brand/models out there, I will buy that configuration which sounded great at retail price.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,167 of 5,933
Interesting discussion brewing again about whether you can transfer the warranty on an LHL unit - click here

This one was sparked by the fact that Jody is attempting to sell his Geek Source 4T + Femto on the LHL "Swap meet" section (click here) and said that he "spoke to Tami to confirm that I can transfer the perks to a new backer."  The response from Tami seems confusing and inconsistent and also there's also the fact that Larry promised back in Dec 2013 (click here) that warranties would be transferable. 

I know this may seem like treading old ground (given this thread), but the part about Jody and Tami's interaction, and then Tami's response IMO results in more questions being spawned then clear answers given. 

Many of you know I've been labeled as a LHL fan-boy at times, but I will stick my neck out when I think things like this don't add up or are not fair. 

I hope to have this all clarified by the LHL team, all of whom I respect very much (totally being honest here). Gavin/Casey/Larry please show me how I'm wrong on this one. 

Cheers all and take care

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,168 of 5,933
I totally get your feeling as an 32 backer, but I have lost all confident/enthusiasm for the geek wave or LH in general I had a hard time believing anything (e.g. memory supply delay issue) and won't give LH a single penny more than I had. If this turned out to be a great DAP when it is finally out compared to whatever brand/models out there, I will buy that configuration which sounded great at retail price.

Ah "retail price" 2 words LH is happy to hear... Odd way to show unhappiness with a company. I'm over it. Just let me know when my unit is ready to ship, whether that be March or December.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,169 of 5,933
Ah "retail price" 2 words LH is happy to hear... Odd way to show unhappiness with a company. I'm over it. Just let me know when my unit is ready to ship, whether that be March or December.

Well if the end product is as incredibly good as Larry and team intend/promised to be, I will buy it at retail. I m a consumer, not a fan nor hater of any brand. My dissatisfaction with how this whole funding campaign/delay/changing perks/confusion galore etc won't affect how the geek wave sound. And if indeed it sound to me better than anything I have/available in the market, at a price I'm willing to pay, I will buy. Tho honesty I'm not too optimistic about it.

OTOH I refuse to pay any thing and upgrade any "perks" before I can listen the the finished production model. For me, the wave32 sounded a good idea and nice deal AT THE TIME and this I went for it. I had also many experiences backing KS or Indigo projects (soft or hardware or publications) but this certainly is the worst experience I had with regards to how far the product shifted from the initial funding to the actual product.

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #1,170 of 5,933
If it were possible to sell off my pre-orders, I would strongly contemplate doing so as well. Financially speaking, I'm not in a great place right now. Priority wise, audio has taken a step back in recent times too.

I think I've said this before, but at the risk of sounding whinny, I'll say it again. If you seek the understanding of your consumers because of whatever list of reasons you have, then be fair and try to empathize and understand your customers as well. Needs change, priorities change, circumstances change. Just as much as the Geek Pulse and Geek Wave has changed. Perhaps some of us 'promised' our support by agreeing to all terms and pledging for the campaign but now we want out. In the same way, there were many initial promises that were reneged upon at a later stage of development.

Perhaps I can't be too impartial on such a topic, but once again its disappointing to experience such blatant conflict of information on the part of LHL. I don't its too much of a stretch to expect a good company to streamline their policies internally before embarking on a project. I have some sympathy for LHL because any system will find it hard to cope with the sheer product variants (just for the Geek Pulse itself), but truth be told, this is a hole that they dug for themselves in the first place.

I can understand delays due to development issues and raw material supply, but I certainly do not think it is acceptable for them to transfer the full weight of their issues to the consumer. They should have realized that with the nature of crowdfunding and the philosophy of the company itself, having a strong administrative and logistical support would be of paramount importance. I would be inclined to be a little more forgiving if standards were at least decent or average. I'm sorry for not mincing my words, but what I've seen so far is completely abysmal.

It's really disappointing to hear that LHL's system can't support this, can't support that, difficulties everywhere. If there's one thing to be optimistic about however, its that they realize the onus is on themselves to solve this issues instead of pushing the burden away. They seem to be making progress to implement a better system (starting with the ticket system), and I greatly appreciate their efforts. Although there is a lot more to be done of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back