Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Sep 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #691 of 5,933

Cute joke, but it doesn't work that way, so you're gonna need new comedy material.

Indeed, the saying "You are what you eat" applies in many aspects of life, but you don't produce a lesser quantity of cerumen because your diet changes. The composition of it will change slightly, but the quantity will not, as the majority of ear wax is composed of sloughed skin. Factors leading to over- or underproduction of cerumen are mostly environmental. Your overall state of health also impacts its production, but only in times of illness.

Conductive hearing loss due to heavily impacted cerumen is the only means of ear wax having a negative impact on your listening experience, usually due to poor hygiene and/or infirm lifestyle. Otherwise, ear wax is a normal, healthy, and expected part of the auditory system.

Well that's been my experience being vegan, less earwax, for one. For another, I never get sick, haven't for years and that's also been on a natural, unprocessed diet leaning toward vegan. That speaks for itself.
 I would never get the flu. I know personally that my diet makes getting the flu impossible. And my hearing has improved, not gotten worse. Argue with that.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #692 of 5,933
Have you considered that your fortunate propensity to wellness is genetic and not necessarily dietary related? If of course your immediate family aren't as healthy as you and they have a standard diet, then perhaps your dietary choices have bolstered your immune system. However, such notions require scientific validation to be credible and the use of long term empirical studies. Saying that, my diet is average, I eat meat and enjoy red wine, but haven't had a cold or illness since taking a nutritional supplement called EpiCor. This wellness may be the placebo effect or as a result of taking the supplement.

Well that's been my experience being vegan, less earwax, for one. For another, I never get sick, haven't for years and that's also been on a natural, unprocessed diet leaning toward vegan. That speaks for itself.
 I would never get the flu. I know personally that my diet makes getting the flu impossible. And my hearing has improved, not gotten worse. Argue with that.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #693 of 5,933
  Well that's been my experience being vegan, less earwax, for one. For another, I never get sick, haven't for years and that's also been on a natural, unprocessed diet leaning toward vegan. That speaks for itself. I would never get the flu. I know personally that my diet makes getting the flu impossible. And my hearing has improved, not gotten worse. Argue with that.

As a healthcare professional, I'm very glad you're feeling healthier, with a heightened sense of wellness ever since your dietary switch. I highly encourage everyone to include more vegetables in their diet, as most people simply do not get enough of them.

However, I previously addressed your earwax production quantity, and that variable simply is not linked to diet. I did mention that earwax production is linked to overall state of health, and I surmise that the changes to your diet have contributed to other lifestyle changes as well, leading to a compounded effect that has almost certainly positively impacted your state of health.

As to whether you can get the flu, the answer is yes, it is still possible. There are a myriad of factors that go into getting the flu, all of which have no place in this discussion. I do not wish to further derail this thread by discussing whether or not your hearing has improved, but you are welcome to PM me if you wish.

Once again, I'm truly glad you feel healthy and well. However, I must remind everyone that individual experiences cannot be extrapolated to the masses, and amusingly enough, such is true for audio as well.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #694 of 5,933
What tomscy2000 said!
popcorn.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #695 of 5,933
At the advice of a fully qualified alternative medicine practitioner I have altered my diet to include several grams of methamphetamine hydrochloride with each meal. Since then, not only have I not had a cold or flu, nor suffered an impacted ear canal, but I have began to listen to music so much better that I can now hear it regardless of whether or not I am using headphones or speakers. Furthermore, my immune response has heightened to such an extent that it has rendered me invulnerable to small arms fire. Now if you excuse me, I must go and inform the local constabulary to prepare for the coming of the snake god Glycon.

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #696 of 5,933
  At the advice of a fully qualified alternative medicine practitioner I have altered my diet to include several grams of methamphetamine hydrochloride with each meal. Since then, not only have I not had a cold or flu, nor suffered an impacted ear canal, but I have began to listen to music so much better that I can now hear it regardless of whether or not I am using headphones or speakers. Furthermore, my immune response has heightened to such an extent that it has rendered me invulnerable to small arms fire. Now if you excuse me, I must go and inform the local constabulary to prepare for the coming of the snake god Glycon.

+1 
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #698 of 5,933
Topic guys. Feel free to start a thread about diet and health though in the Members' Lounge. 
smile.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #700 of 5,933
Content of an email posted by a fairly well-known guy with permission (with a bit of editing to make it more family-friendly and less controversial): I did block out his name to avoid any bad vibes even though he did not ask me to - the meat of this is the fact that these are his honest impressions of the prototype and he is no shill on the take. Enjoy!

My guess: 3 letters, starts with L and finishes in F, one letter is repeated.

Sorry, back to topic :wink:.

Arnaud

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #702 of 5,933
I don't think it was ever a secret, but I didn't want to create any friction(though omitting his name might attract more attention). All I was trying to do was put up some feedback from somebody who actually heard it. Anyways, back on topic.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #704 of 5,933
Any other Geek Force members going to the RMAF/CanJam next month in Denver? LH Labs is going to be there, including Larry and Gavin. Maybe we'll get some primary experience in hearing Larry's products and/or experiments versus contemplating them conceptually on the boards. Will be good fodder for the forums at least...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back