LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Feb 24, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #586 of 1,179
anybody have tries v10 in tmobile or verizon version?
maybe there are different sq or not?

The biggest potential difference I could see is a difference in the cell radios, but the V10 seems to be well shielded, as even with my IEMs the background seems black. I suppose different firmware versions could also affect sound quality.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #587 of 1,179
Has anyone been able to figure out the output impedance on this badboy? I've been using it with dynamic cans, but I've got an ATH-IM02 on the way and I'm worried that the output impedance will affect the treble presentation. Has anyone heard issues with uncharacteristic brightness on their BA IEMs?

Kojaku

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #588 of 1,179
Has anyone been able to figure out the output impedance on this badboy? I've been using it with dynamic cans, but I've got an ATH-IM02 on the way and I'm worried that the output impedance will affect the treble presentation. Has anyone heard issues with uncharacteristic brightness on their BA IEMs?

Kojaku

I didn't use iM-02, but im-04, and it was great pairing without noises or issues

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #589 of 1,179

Kojaku

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I'm using the V10 with very bright custom monitors (BA drivers) and have no issues.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #590 of 1,179

I'm not sure if this answers your question but I'm using the V10 with very bright custom monitors (BA drivers) and have no issues.

Have you typically used this set of IEMs with low-impedance gear/do you have any low impedance gear to compare the V10 to?

Kojaku

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #591 of 1,179
  Just got my LG V10 today! what to say, It's amazing, I do recommend it.

I always wanted to buy something like DX50 or Fiio DAP, for a while my set was either 5G iPod classic or Note3 + Fiio e17k alpen 2, Now, no more I need to carry two devices!

I have a DT 1350, and the sound is great, depending on the genre and the media I find myself lowering the volume, then I installed the fix app from Google store, I was completely surprised how the quality and amplification improved with Spotify and Youtube, I was really impressed without the fix, the fix just took it to another level.

Thanks everyone for providing a good advice, it worth the price and wait, I'm so happy with it.

If you want me to rant :D, well, it's a little bit difficult to hold although my hands are big and I come from Note3 experience before, but I'm loving the screen, quality and size, also I have the light bleed in the secondary screen, but really, I don't care, the sound quality is what I care about most, and it's like nothing I experienced in a phone before.

..... One can ''see'' the bleed on total darkness, i.e. before going to sleep with the phone on the bed side table.... ''kudos to you on ur new 'phone''...

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #592 of 1,179
Mar 2, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #596 of 1,179
Anyone tried the fostex t50rp's mk3 ? Decent drive/amplification  ?

I've tried a self modded Mk2 on my V10. It needs a bit more power than my Q701, but its definitely doable.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #597 of 1,179
Do any of my head-fi friends want the extra battery and charging case that came with my V10 since I no longer have the phone? Both brand new, so PM me if so. 

Edit: and they are now spoken for. 

-Collin-

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #600 of 1,179
  is the dac exclusive to the default music app or can any app access it?

Some other music apps can access it by default. I believe Tidal is one, not sure which others. But there's an app in the Play Store called DAC Fix that enables it for every app so there's really no limitation on it anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back