LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Mar 3, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #601 of 1,179
I came from a note 4 to this phone, I used tidal with both. Much happier with this phone over the Note 4, and I'm a longtime Sammy customer.

Bought mine for 444USD new and unlocked and I'm pretty happy with it. Decent dac but I hope of a better battery life in the future. The LG G5 would be great too, when, I don't think so, LG provides us with their two modules presented on mwc for preorder.

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #603 of 1,179
  Where did you get the LG V10 at that fantastic a price? My friend is interested in getting one too. I'm loving mine and he is so envious of me.

TIA

I live in switzerland and most of the time lg products are always underpriced, where others are way overpriced (nexus, htc). The current price is 499Chf.- https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-v10-570-32gb-black-16mp-mobiltelefon-5672825?tagIds=82 I bought mine on a retail sale.
Check on auction plattform like ebay and co. for 1 day used devices. Luck may be on your side.

Q: The lg v10 is great but how does it compare to the sony xperia z3? The z3 has to the current z5 two dacs (2 x 48khz sample for 96khz) and should also sound good? Considering to switch because of media consumption when I lay on the couch or bed (front speakers) and waterproof which can come handy.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #604 of 1,179
Bought mine for 444USD new and unlocked and I'm pretty happy with it. Decent dac but I hope of a better battery life in the future. The LG G5 would be great too, when, I don't think so, LG provides us with their two modules presented on mwc for preorder.

Where did you buy your V10 for $444?
I'm in Canada and of course the V10 is not available here.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #605 of 1,179
I live in switzerland and most of the time lg products are always underpriced, where others are way overpriced (nexus, htc). The current price is 499Chf.- https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-v10-570-32gb-black-16mp-mobiltelefon-5672825?tagIds=82 I bought mine on a retail sale.
Check on auction plattform like ebay and co. for 1 day used devices. Luck may be on your side.

Q: The lg v10 is great but how does it compare to the sony xperia z3? The z3 has to the current z5 two dacs (2 x 48khz sample for 96khz) and should also sound good? Considering to switch because of media consumption when I lay on the couch or bed (front speakers) and waterproof which can come handy.

Nevermind i see that you live in Switzerland and ordered it from a European website.I dont suppose they ship to Canada?

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #606 of 1,179
Hi Guys.
I'm a new member from Italy. (sorry for english) .
I bought this LG V10 some days ago and i am satisfied about the audio performance with "QuadBeat 3".
I don't know why, but i don't like so much the audio with my Sennheiser HD 518.
So....i was thinking to go for a new Headphones.
I would use it with LG V10.
I was thinking about : 

Audio Technica Pro ATH-M50X
Sony MDR-1A
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm.

Thanks for advice.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #611 of 1,179
Don't worry, its no problem.

Plenty of equipment has multiple threads on head-fi. It can be hard for anyone to know which ones to post in. I've double posted a couple times myself on purpose.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #612 of 1,179
Hi, could someone using the V10 tell me if there is an effective equalizer as part of the software that works with the 32 bit dac? I understood from those who have installed V4A that it only regulates the qualcom dac. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #613 of 1,179
Hi, could someone using the V10 tell me if there is an effective equalizer as part of the software that works with the 32 bit dac? I understood from those who have installed V4A that it only regulates the qualcom dac. 

Download “DAC fix” from the play store,and PowerAmp Alpha from the forums at powerampapp.com . Works great.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #615 of 1,179

I'm not sure if a 5 band EQ is enough, but I use an app called EQ

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back