Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Aug 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #423 of 1,437
what sort of warranty is that? Anyhow, bloodypenguin helped me out, thanks!

Yep, clips have already been sent. Anyways with any sorta warranty work you have to pay $9. I just sent my PortaPros in to have the drivers fixed to a balance issue and the headband was bent. I am waiting to get it back and see how it all works.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #424 of 1,437
Still can't believe how much I enjoy my KSC75.  They are my go to pair at the moment.  It is so weird because I have/had much more expensive headphones, but none of them sound as good to me as these... 
confused.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #425 of 1,437
  Still can't believe how much I enjoy my KSC75.  They are my go to pair at the moment.  It is so weird because I have/had much more expensive headphones, but none of them sound as good to me as these... 
confused.gif

Ha, that's because the 75s are so damn inexpensive! When things are cheaper they always sound, feel, taste, look better... 

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #426 of 1,437
  Ha, that's because the 75s are so damn inexpensive! When things are cheaper they always sound, feel, taste, look better... 

Honestly it has nothing to do with the price.  I have had V-Moda M80 / MEElectronics A161P, Alessandro MS1 and still have the Shure SRH750DJ.

I would still reach for the KSC75 over all of these.  I think it is like anything in life, sometimes you just prefer something over another.  Red over blue or rock over rap.  etc... 

Something about the sound signature that "just sounds right" to my ears.

I also just got my second pair of PortaPros (first pair had some driver issues) and am currently burring them in.  So far I think the KSC75 has a lot more clarity and much less "muddy bass" than the PortaPro.  But I still feel the PortaPros need much more time before I make a final judgement.

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #427 of 1,437
  I also just got my second pair of PortaPros (first pair had some driver issues) and am currently burring them in.  So far I think the KSC75 has a lot more clarity and much less "muddy bass" than the PortaPro.  But I still feel the PortaPros need much more time before I make a final judgement.

Assuming the sportapro drivers are the same as the portapro drivers, before judging them I would drill a few holes in the driver covers (ala trindysmom's video) and then put them on your parts express headband so that they are not clamped so tightly against your ears. I am really enjoying them (even moreso than my ksc75's).

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #428 of 1,437

Honestly it has nothing to do with the price.  I have had V-Moda M80 / MEElectronics A161P, Alessandro MS1 and still have the Shure SRH750DJ.

I would still reach for the KSC75 over all of these.  I think it is like anything in life, sometimes you just prefer something over another.  Red over blue or rock over rap.  etc... 

Something about the sound signature that "just sounds right" to my ears.

Fair enough. I agree with your assessment of the PPs. They were my first head-fi induced purchase and I guess I have a soft spot for them, but my modded 75s still take the proverbial cake. 

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #429 of 1,437
Assuming the sportapro drivers are the same as the portapro drivers, before judging them I would drill a few holes in the driver covers (ala trindysmom's video) and then put them on your parts express headband so that they are not clamped so tightly against your ears. I am really enjoying them (even moreso than my ksc75's).

I do want to try the drill mod and will have to do that soon. The PortaPros are already on the Parts Express Headband. :wink:

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #430 of 1,437
I do want to try the drill mod and will have to do that soon. The PortaPros are already on the Parts Express Headband.
wink.gif

The black sportapro drivers look much cooler on that headband 
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #431 of 1,437

Sennheiser HD414

Sennheiser HD414 foam pads were taken from my modded PortaPro drivers  which I just binned, no point taking up space with something which I probably will not use in the future. 
The cable may seem over the top as it is more costly than the KSC75.......................no regrets with regard to the cables.

Future plans:-

Seeking a PX100 for the PX75 Mod as I'm dreading bare metal on very little hair during Winter Months though not looking forward to drilling the KSC75 drivers "nipples", a no return mod but then again it is not expensive to replace.

Purchase another HD414 pads, this time no Quarter Mod, so no necessity for mesh to protect from dust.
Was thinking of attach "Bowl Cups" to the HD414 foam pads for the extra depth and fuller sound stage. As I already have this Quarter modded pad, I'll try to attach the two wider sides together (1:-Grado Bowl Cups are not cheap or easy to find. 2:- same pads having matching diameters so it's perfit fit), fit the newer pads onto the drivers so this will give an extra 5mm depth, also the mesh can be omitted.

Thought of dying the Yellow foam pads but just cannot decide on which colour, am also afraid this process may degrade the hardiness of the foam..................................I do not feel embarrassed with two rubber ducks on my ears, so it's just a thought.

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #432 of 1,437
Seeking a PX100 for the PX75 Mod as I'm dreading bare metal on very little hair during Winter Months ...

Here is a great left field supermod you can do on already modded KSC75s. It is especially useful for baldies/skinheads/inmates/conscripts in the winter months:

Remove the metal headband and attach the earphones to the earclips. Awesome!

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #433 of 1,437
^ and then use rubber bands to get them more firmly against the ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back