Quote:
Very nice work.

...and I was just going to post  'send one to Tyll'

beerchug.gif

Thanks

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #32 of 203

Quote:
Wow! Beautifully done!  

Unfortunately, I can't ship headphones internationally ... I can only ship UPS, and it's just too costly for me. I've received your email, but I'll answer here in case someone wants to help out.
If someone wants to handle the overseas return shipment for lokesen, I can measure them. 

Very sorry I have this restriction.

I got it sorted out with a few options - So I will ship the KODA^2 mod headphones to you in two weeks time now :)

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #34 of 203
I just ordered parts for three headphones.

One of these is for sale if anyone is interested. One is for testing/reviewing and will be shipped to Tyll at Innerfidelity. The third one is for myself.

Sent me a PM if you're interested in the one for sale.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #35 of 203

Quote:
I just ordered parts for three headphones.

One of these is for sale if anyone is interested. One is for testing/reviewing and will be shipped to Tyll at Innerfidelity. The third one is for myself.

Sent me a PM if you're interested in the one for sale.

Actually - I just got hold of 4 T50rp - And that's why I decided to make 4 pairs of KODA^2 headphones. It is still undecided if I will make more of these - so this is maybe the only change to buy a pair of these :)

Sent a PM if you're interested. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #36 of 203
Just finished the design for the KODA^2 today - only smaller changes and optimizations - All for the better

The final changes from KODA^1 to KODA^2 is:

1. Nicer veneer - I will let you choose between a couple of types like walnut burr or zebrano
2. Nice thick black felt on the inside of the headband - very discrete
3. Minor tweaks and optimization to the inside dampening
4. Bass port micro-tuned for even bette balance 
5. Less reflective, matte finish on earside of baffle
6. About 15% lighter design

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #41 of 203

Quote:
I wish someone could compare this to the Rastapants.

If you by rastapants refer to T50rp with plasticine, akasa dampening mats, craft felt etc. I actually developed the KODA design from experimenting with different dampening on the original housing. I think I have tried most of the different recommended approaches on the forums.

There is no denying that the T50rp gets a whole lot better this ways - but you can only get so far with the thin standard cups. As stated before - the difference from a non dampened T50rp to a nicely damped and tweaked T50rp aka Rastapants is really big. But the difference between the modded T50rp and to putting the drivers in some excellent housing is much much bigger. IMO it puts them in another league. Unfortunately it multiplys their price several times too.

I think most Thunderpants owners will confirm this.   

Btw - a well modded pair of Rastapants is probably more value for money than any other headphone out there - That what makes it so fantastic

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #42 of 203

Quote:
Just finished the design for the KODA^2 today - only smaller changes and optimizations - All for the better

The final changes from KODA^1 to KODA^2 is:

1. Nicer veneer - I will let you choose between a couple of types like walnut burr or zebrano

have you given any thought to carbon fiber? 
biggrin.gif
  i believe 3M makes a very nice textured (bare) faux carbon fiber adhesive veneer, btw.  i think it would look great on those black cups.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #43 of 203

Quote:
have you given any thought to carbon fiber? 
biggrin.gif
  i believe 3M makes a very nice textured (bare) faux carbon fiber adhesive veneer, btw.  i think it would look great on those black cups.

I really like that idea!

Carbon veneer - Shure 940 velour pads, matte polished aluminium bars and grey padding on the inside of the headband. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #44 of 203

Quote:

If you by rastapants refer to T50rp with plasticine, akasa dampening mats, craft felt etc. I actually developed the KODA design from experimenting with different dampening on the original housing. I think I have tried most of the different recommended approaches on the forums.

There is no denying that the T50rp gets a whole lot better this ways - but you can only get so far with the thin standard cups. As stated before - the difference from a non dampened T50rp to a nicely damped and tweaked T50rp aka Rastapants is really big. But the difference between the modded T50rp and to putting the drivers in some excellent housing is much much bigger. IMO it puts them in another league. Unfortunately it multiplys their price several times too.

I think most Thunderpants owners will confirm this.   

Btw - a well modded pair of Rastapants is probably more value for money than any other headphone out there - That what makes it so fantastic

I'm interested. I won't buy it just yet, but when the Tyll contest is finished, i'll see how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back