KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones
Nov 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #17 of 203

Quote:
Have you considered angling the drivers?

Yes - I thought about it in the early stages of designing it, but I couldn't get it to work with the design.

After testing them I don't regret not getting it done, because the soundstage is really big and I don't really feel like the music is coming from the sides. But I thought a lot about it myself. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 203

Quote:
Yes - I thought about it in the early stages of designing it, but I couldn't get it to work with the design.

After testing them I don't regret not getting it done, because the soundstage is really big and I don't really feel like the music is coming from the sides. But I thought a lot about it myself. 

Awesome, it's good to know you can still get a large coherent soundstage with a configuration like that.

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #20 of 203
Fantastic work, very precise. Well done !
smile.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #21 of 203

Quote:
color me impressed!  when will you be making kits available to us fostex owners :)

I think I will make a both a finished headphone and a kit available - I think I will have a price in a couple of days. Don't expect it to be too cheap though. It's going to be something like the Thunderpants pricing - maybe a little more for the finished headphone. The kit will be including everything but the t50rp - and require minimal time and effort to finish. Maybe a 1 hour build.

Cheers :) 

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #22 of 203
I updated the first post with some observations regarding hybrid tube amp (sounds astonishing!) + info about status of the KODA^2 and purchasing options :)

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #23 of 203
Make sure you look into getting a "Member of the Trade" badge here on Head-Fi, if you're planning on selling and promoting this headphone in the future. :) And if you are, the best way to promote and sell this on Head-Fi is by getting good reviews from well-respected audio enthousiasts like headfonia, innerfidelity, LFF, Joker etc. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #24 of 203

Quote:
Make sure you look into getting a "Member of the Trade" badge here on Head-Fi, if you're planning on selling and promoting this headphone in the future. :) And if you are, the best way to promote and sell this on Head-Fi is by getting good reviews from well-respected audio enthousiasts like headfonia, innerfidelity, LFF, Joker etc. 

Thanks for the heads-up Negakinu

At the moment I am only planning on making 5 units and I am looking for anyone who is interested in getting one of these. I plan on using the last one of these for review and testing if any of the sites you mention is willing to have a look at it. If that turns out well and the review unit is well received I will probably make there available for ordering.

So the next step would be to ask Headfonia or Innerfidelity if they would even be interested in reviewing or testing the unit. I am pretty confident that the review unit will do better than the majority of headphones out there - Then again, I could be pretty biased in this matter :D

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #25 of 203
Innerfidelity is having a competition for all DIY ortho's. First prize is an LCD2 rev 2, iirc. You should definitely enter.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #28 of 203
Wow! Beautifully done!  

Unfortunately, I can't ship headphones internationally ... I can only ship UPS, and it's just too costly for me. I've received your email, but I'll answer here in case someone wants to help out.
If someone wants to handle the overseas return shipment for lokesen, I can measure them. 

Very sorry I have this restriction.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #30 of 203

Quote:
Wow! Beautifully done!  

Unfortunately, I can't ship headphones internationally ... I can only ship UPS, and it's just too costly for me. I've received your email, but I'll answer here in case someone wants to help out.
If someone wants to handle the overseas return shipment for lokesen, I can measure them. 

Very sorry I have this restriction.

I think we can figure out a way for you to return it to an domestic address - No worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back