KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones
Apr 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #196 of 203

Quote:
I believe there were a total of 4 pairs built.  I just bought the last pair (after pm'ing for a couple weeks now).

LFF - I might send these to you to check out / modify when I eventually send you my stock Fostex as well.  I want to compare the Koda to the stock Fostex first though.

Actually jfrocke changed his mind and the last pair was sold to devouringone3 instead. I accepted to upgrade them to MK-II before shipping.

I am happy that the last pair is sold to someone who hopefully will like them very much - in the end, this is what is most important to me. :) 

I just found this video review of the KODA^2 from a fellow Head-Fi user:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZJnvVKgHig

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #198 of 203

Quote:
:D, I will.

This is VictorHalgaard speaking in the review YouTube video! I also think that it is this pair that was bought by mlantinen from him, and then returned to lokesen; which I bought.

The ones returned and refurbished was bought by another user, they are the only ones that had a faulty driver, and now they are fixed for you and upgraded to MK-II

I just did the upgrade, and I took about two hours including the meassuring. Here are the result. The grey curve is before the procedure:

I am very satisfied with the result and I think you will be too. I'll try to ship them out today!

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #199 of 203
I RECEIVED THEM.

Feels solid, very comfortable (well like any T50RP with Shure SRH840 pads, with a bit of extra padding under the headband), great looking (really) etc. ... pretty much like on the picture.

The sound is... superb! The bass is full, deep, and powerful, not boomy but just very thumpy and impactful (rapid and hard bass drum kicks are thunderously good), it's the first thing that strikes me (it has nothing to do with the bass of the stock T50RP).

Private message me if you're interested in knowing more! :p

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #202 of 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back