Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 31, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #1,951 of 4,830

You were thinking of trying out the HE-400S too huh? I was thinking of doing the same thing, less to try Hifiman sound, more to see what a $300 planar magnetic can offer. I already have their HE-560 and it's fantastic.

On a different note, I just noticed the Atlas and Helio KS has been canceled. Guess Bob wants to tune them some more before starting that one up again?

he's making some changes to the pricing and adding the wireless helio before relaunch tomorrow.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777367/trinity-audio-engineering-launch-new-campaign-for-high-end-sports-iems/90#post_11871240

Aug 31, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,952 of 4,830
  he's making some changes to the pricing and adding the wireless helio before relaunch tomorrow.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777367/trinity-audio-engineering-launch-new-campaign-for-high-end-sports-iems/90#post_11871240

Ah! Thanks for clearing that up, I hadn't thought to just look in the Atlas/Helio thread. D'OH!
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,953 of 4,830
just received my hyperions. love the packaging and build quality. listening as we speak with the stock tips, and they sound quite nice. gonna mess around with the tips. is there any consensus on what tips people like the most? also, i was reading a little bit about the toothpick mod... i'm still a little confused. do you literally stick the tip of a toothpick in the vent hole and snap it off? the overall sound signature is a little bass heavy, which works on some genres but not so much on others. getting everything a little bit more balanced would be nice. but even then, so far i like these more than the zero audio tenores which were my casual listening pair of iem's up until now. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,954 of 4,830
  just received my hyperions. love the packaging and build quality. listening as we speak with the stock tips, and they sound quite nice. gonna mess around with the tips. is there any consensus on what tips people like the most? also, i was reading a little bit about the toothpick mod... i'm still a little confused. do you literally stick the tip of a toothpick in the vent hole and snap it off? the overall sound signature is a little bass heavy, which works on some genres but not so much on others. getting everything a little bit more balanced would be nice. but even then, so far i like these more than the zero audio tenores which were my casual listening pair of iem's up until now. 

I will let others chime in with thoughts and recommendations on tips, but give them a little while to settle and the bass will relax a little, what source are you using?

Word of caution on modification like sticking toothpicks inside, they will destroy the internal wiring and will void your warranty.

Hope you enjoy them! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,955 of 4,830
  I will let others chime in with thoughts and recommendations on tips, but give them a little while to settle and the bass will relax a little, what source are you using?

Word of caution on modification like sticking toothpicks inside, they will destroy the internal wiring and will void your warranty.

Hope you enjoy them! 
beerchug.gif

using my dx90 as my source, and i'll try them out a little later with my hrt microstreamer out of my laptop.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #1,956 of 4,830

I'm just fine with running the stock tips. The toothpick mod is indeed simply pushing the tip of a toothpick into the vent. I gather, from what @ozkan has described, that this mod lessens the bass a little and tightens it up some, resulting in a less recessed midrange. I personally haven't done it, and I've sill been too lazy to just put some tape over the vents to get a taste (sorry ozkan
tongue.gif
). Like @Bobtrinity said though, the bass does actually settle down a little after some prolonged listening so give it some time.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,957 of 4,830

I'm just fine with running the stock tips. The toothpick mod is indeed simply pushing the tip of a toothpick into the vent. I gather, from what @ozkan has described, that this mod lessens the bass a little and tightens it up some, resulting in a less recessed midrange. I personally haven't done it, and I've sill been too lazy to just put some tape over the vents to get a taste (sorry ozkan
tongue.gif
). Like @Bobtrinity said though, the bass does actually settle down a little after some prolonged listening so give it some time.

i'll give it some time to burn in, but it is a tiny bit boomy on some songs. overall i'm pretty pleased though.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,958 of 4,830
Gents - gentle word of caution

My advice - despite what other people are suggesting, do not stick anything into any of the vents on any of the Trinity earphones

As Bob said above - the first thing this does is void your warranty.  What he hasn't mentioned is that there is already at least one case of someone breaking the internal wiring by doing it.

If you want to mod - use tape or blue-tack. Personally I don't think they need it.

But even better - try spending a week with them first before making any calls on whether they need improvement 
wink.gif
.  Often, your initial impressions will change simply by letting your brain get used to the new signature.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #1,959 of 4,830
Gents - [COLOR=FF0000]gentle word of caution[/COLOR]

My advice - despite what other people are suggesting, [COLOR=FF0000]do not stick anything into any of the vents on any of the Trinity earphones[/COLOR]

As Bob said above - the first thing this does is void your warranty.  What he hasn't mentioned is that there is already at least one case of someone breaking the internal wiring by doing it.

If you want to mod - use tape or blue-tack. Personally I don't think they need it.

But even better - try spending a week with them first before making any calls on whether they need improvement :wink: .  Often, your initial impressions will change simply by letting your brain get used to the new signature.

Thanks Brooko.

As much as i love people messing with our gear and the feedback it brings, the reality is we only warrant against manufacturer defect.

So if you do modify please note you do so at your own risk and WILL void your warranty.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,960 of 4,830
Gents - [COLOR=FF0000]gentle word of caution[/COLOR]
My advice - despite what other people are suggesting, [COLOR=FF0000]do not stick anything into any of the vents on any of the Trinity earphones[/COLOR]

But even better - try spending a week with them first before making any calls on whether they need improvement :wink: .  Often, your initial impressions will change simply by letting your brain get used to the new signature.

Sage advice!

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,961 of 4,830
  Gents - gentle word of caution

My advice - despite what other people are suggesting, do not stick anything into any of the vents on any of the Trinity earphones

But even better - try spending a week with them first before making any calls on whether they need improvement 
wink.gif
.  Often, your initial impressions will change simply by letting your brain get used to the new signature.

This is certainly the best thing to do. @raisedbywolves, you might think that it's a bit boomy now, but I thought the same thing in my initial couple of days of listening to the Hyperions. I actually don't think that anymore. They still are quite hefty in the bass department, but they're a treat for EDM without being too overpowering. I'll be bringing them on my trip with me in a few weeks due to them being the most comfortable AND least expensive set I have on me while still retaining good sound quality.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #1,962 of 4,830
  This is certainly the best thing to do. @raisedbywolves, you might think that it's a bit boomy now, but I thought the same thing in my initial couple of days of listening to the Hyperions. I actually don't think that anymore. They still are quite hefty in the bass department, but they're a treat for EDM without being too overpowering. I'll be bringing them on my trip with me in a few weeks due to them being the most comfortable AND least expensive set I have on me while still retaining good sound quality.

yeah, i realize there's at the very least mental burn-in with any new pair of iem's, not sure that i believe necessarily in mechanical burn-in but i'll keep listening to them. at the very least, i'm very pleased with their quality for the money i paid, and they might a nice set of cheap iem's for me to use when i'm not doing more intensive listening. i'm most likely going to be taking the plunge into getting some headphones within a few weeks (the oppo pm-3), so i'll use these for situations where i don't feel like taking headphones with me somewhere. i probably need to sell off some of my current iem's though... probably will put my aurisonics rockets and my zero audio tenores up for sale soon.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,963 of 4,830

yeah, i realize there's at the very least mental burn-in with any new pair of iem's, not sure that i believe necessarily in mechanical burn-in but i'll keep listening to them. at the very least, i'm very pleased with their quality for the money i paid, and they might a nice set of cheap iem's for me to use when i'm not doing more intensive listening. i'm most likely going to be taking the plunge into getting some headphones within a few weeks (the oppo pm-3), so i'll use these for situations where i don't feel like taking headphones with me somewhere. i probably need to sell off some of my current iem's though... probably will put my aurisonics rockets and my zero audio tenores up for sale soon.

They're a great set of cheap IEMs in my case. And might I suggest if you haven't bought any other set of headphones yet, try to figure out first if you're a velour pad kinda person or a leather pad person. Cuz I'm the velour-pad kinda guy. I can't do leather pads, not comfortable enough for prolonged listening sessions.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #1,964 of 4,830

They're a great set of cheap IEMs in my case. And might I suggest if you haven't bought any other set of headphones yet, try to figure out first if you're a velour pad kinda person or a leather pad person. Cuz I'm the velour-pad kinda guy. I can't do leather pads, not comfortable enough for prolonged listening sessions.

i signed up for the pm-3 loaner thread so hopefully i can give them a test run to see how i like the comfort/sound of them before purchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back