Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 31, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #1,936 of 4,830
  Just received prototypes for Atlas, Helio and also the new (to be named) headphone tonight.

All 3 are very good - only had limited time with each so far.  Headphones in particular are brilliant - watch out for that KS when Bob eventually releases it.

I know there will be quite a bit of interest in Atlas and Helio - and I'll get you full impressions on both as soon as I can.  First I need to talk to Bob about a couple of things, then I need to get some listening time.  What I can tell you is that both look to be pretty good value - and especially at the KS pricing. 

Thanks Paul! Sounds good! Waiting especially for the Atlas and Delta comparison 
normal_smile .gif

Hopefully the KS won't start too early, I'm broke now 
redface.gif

About 2 weeks ago, me, @ojy89, and @RedTwilight, we had mini meet to try Delta and Hyperion. I hear quite a significant improvement on Delta as compared to Hyperion, especially on the treble part, smoother on the the Delta. Yet Hyperion is good and fun sounding, strong bass with sparkly treble, mild to moderate V shape tonality. Definitely worth It is ok for the price!  Now I regret didn't back the Delta 
biggrin.gif

Update 3 Sept 2015:
After using it for a while after burn-in, somehow I feel the mids is a little too recess and bass a little too boomy for my taste. Using standard eartips. So I would say, it is ok for the price, but not at the level of giant killer yet.

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #1,937 of 4,830

Thanks Paul! Sounds good! Waiting especially for the Atlas and Delta comparison 
normal_smile%20.gif

Hopefully the KS won't start too early, I'm broke now 
redface.gif

About 2 weeks ago, me, @ojy89, and @RedTwilight, we had mini meet to try Delta and Hyperion. I hear quite a significant improvement on Delta as compared to Hyperion, especially on the treble part, smoother on the the Delta. Yet Hyperion is good and fun sounding, strong bass with sparkly treble, mild to moderate V shape tonality. Definitely worth the price!  Now I regret didn't back the Delta 
biggrin.gif

So many dangerous things were listened to that day. 
biggrin.gif
 That was just the stock delta with about 20 hours of use/ burn in and before implementing the timber/blutack mod. Will let you guys try it when we meet again. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #1,938 of 4,830
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.  I'm in Auckland this weekend at the NZ Head-Fi Meet, so will take the prototypes with me - just in case anyone wants a quick listen (I trust that is OK Bob?)

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #1,939 of 4,830
  Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.  I'm in Auckland this weekend at the NZ Head-Fi Meet, so will take the prototypes with me - just in case anyone wants a quick listen (I trust that is OK Bob?)

Nice! Please post some pictures later 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #1,940 of 4,830

So many dangerous things were listened to that day. 
biggrin.gif
 That was just the stock delta with about 20 hours of use/ burn in and before implementing the timber/blutack mod. Will let you guys try it when we meet again. 
ksc75smile.gif

Sounds good!  
I will bring 2 Hyperion, one with 200 hours burn-in treatment, and the other one with only less than an hour of testing.  We will do blind test if there is any difference in the sound signature, before and after 200 hours of burn-in 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,942 of 4,830
I may have to fight Emma to get my turn.  She loves them.  Got good taste my little girl :)

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,945 of 4,830
Love it - I was just writing about it in the PM actually.  I probably should make a few comments here anyway - work can wait until the morning :)

First impressions:

The new prototype headphones are very comfortable - great padding on the headband, and they look really stylish when worn. I'd personally prefer the ear pads to be slightly larger, but Bob already said that they'd be coming with 2 and possibly 3 sizes.  The pleather is very soft.  They sit really nicely on the head, and almost perfectly mould around the top of my head (Bob - you could teach the boys at Shure a thing or two about what a headband should look like!)

About 50% on an iPhone gets them to a good volume. They sound really nicely balanced to me - enough bass to be present without overpowering anything. Crystal clear mid-range with enough lower mid-range crunch to capture guitar and acoustic instruments perfectly.  Plenty of detail without going over the top, and so far no harsh spikes.Kind of reminds me a little of the Fidelio L2 a bit - just not quite as bright, and with a bit better bass control.

The vents are brilliant.  You can adjust them which you're wearing them - and all they do is open and close the venting system, moving them from open to closed.  With closed, you get a touch more bass and better isolation.  Soundstage is reasonably intimate - but still that gorgeous mid-range stays.  Open the vents, and it's just like walking into a larger room.  The music is suddenly around you - more spacious. The sound is richer, slightly more resonant.

They're pretty incredible really.

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,947 of 4,830
  Love it - I was just writing about it in the PM actually.  I probably should make a few comments here anyway - work can wait until the morning :)

First impressions:

The new prototype headphones are very comfortable - great padding on the headband, and they look really stylish when worn. I'd personally prefer the ear pads to be slightly larger, but Bob already said that they'd be coming with 2 and possibly 3 sizes.  The pleather is very soft.  They sit really nicely on the head, and almost perfectly mould around the top of my head (Bob - you could teach the boys at Shure a thing or two about what a headband should look like!)

About 50% on an iPhone gets them to a good volume. They sound really nicely balanced to me - enough bass to be present without overpowering anything. Crystal clear mid-range with enough lower mid-range crunch to capture guitar and acoustic instruments perfectly.  Plenty of detail without going over the top, and so far no harsh spikes.Kind of reminds me a little of the Fidelio L2 a bit - just not quite as bright, and with a bit better bass control.

The vents are brilliant.  You can adjust them which you're wearing them - and all they do is open and close the venting system, moving them from open to closed.  With closed, you get a touch more bass and better isolation.  Soundstage is reasonably intimate - but still that gorgeous mid-range stays.  Open the vents, and it's just like walking into a larger room.  The music is suddenly around you - more spacious. The sound is richer, slightly more resonant.

They're pretty incredible really.

Interesting I have been wanting to know your impression about them and glad that it has a very positive review, so how long can you wear them and  do you know any other headphone with similar level of comfort (if there is any)?? and been wondering how this compare to ath msr7, since my friend has them and i the sound is good but the only thing i dislike is the headphone is not comfortable for me, there are some pressure points when i wore them. 

@Bob  so Does it mean the hedphone has removable ear pad but is the headband removable as well? also will it come with  different material of ear pad or different size of earpad?? Thanks 

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,948 of 4,830
Thanks brooko

Based on this think im going to hold off buying a pair of hifiman 400s as wanted to try hifiman for a while but if they are anything like the delta definately want. @Bobtrinity Please, Please, Please can you start the kickstarter before October i go on holiday and dont want too miss out

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #1,950 of 4,830
  Thanks brooko

Based on this think im going to hold off buying a pair of hifiman 400s as wanted to try hifiman for a while but if they are anything like the delta definately want. @Bobtrinity Please, Please, Please can you start the kickstarter before October i go on holiday and dont want too miss out

You were thinking of trying out the HE-400S too huh? I was thinking of doing the same thing, less to try Hifiman sound, more to see what a $300 planar magnetic can offer. I already have their HE-560 and it's fantastic.

On a different note, I just noticed the Atlas and Helio KS has been canceled. Guess Bob wants to tune them some more before starting that one up again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back