Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #1,921 of 4,830
  Thank the dogs it doesn't involve repeated crouching
biggrin.gif

LOL maybe it that will reduce the peaks further due to joomiliation. If your knees aren't too good tapping CTRL works too.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,922 of 4,830
Aug 30, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #1,926 of 4,830
Hello all, just joining this thread after a recommendation. I just came from the Dunu 2000J (soundstage too bloated, fit issues) and Ortofon E-q5 (too muddy sounding overall) and am considering the Trinity Audio Hyperion soon if it's still being sold. Somebody on another thread compared the Trinity to the 2000J, and I'm wondering if anybody could chime in about if you agree with the following:

"2000J is brighter sounding than Hyperion with stock silicone (white) tips but with Comply TX-500 or james444 mod, I find they sound quite similar tonally. Some people mentioned that Hyperion is like baby 2000J and I can agree with many aspects. (FQ response, airy and spacious soundstage, clarity & imaging).
However my comparison maybe not totally accurate since my Hyperion is not in stock form. I did toothpick vent mod + hifiman filter mod to make it more balanced sounding IEM. Hyperion, even with these mods, has 3-4db more bass than 2000J. Bass is not as fast nor detailed like 2000J but it really hits hard with right amount of decay and has pretty good texture. Isolation is slightly better on Hyperion and it is more comfortable to wear. Build Quality is very good on both."

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,931 of 4,830
After fairly extensive reading on Delta Vs. Hyperion, the Delta appeals to me much more with its' tuning options and dual driver. I was about to pull the trigger on the Delta but then I read it doesn't isolate that well -  I would often use it riding a bike and I hear it has a hole in the back so I'd be concerned it would probably cause a big whistling sound from the wind... or am I wrong?

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #1,932 of 4,830
  After fairly extensive reading on Delta Vs. Hyperion, the Delta appeals to me much more with its' tuning options and dual driver. I was about to pull the trigger on the Delta but then I read it doesn't isolate that well -  I would often use it riding a bike and I hear it has a hole in the back so I'd be concerned it would probably cause a big whistling sound from the wind... or am I wrong?

The hole actually causes less isolation issues then I would expect a hole like that to. But I will caution you that it could be an issue if you ride a bike.

Aug 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,933 of 4,830

Not a big whistling sound unless you're going exceptionally fast. Same with being in very strong wind (I hope you're not cycling in that case). I've never had an IEM that isolates well enough (when using silicone tips, at least) to deal with either of these situations, regardless of venting. Since they are on the small side and can be inserted to a reasonable depth, they isolate better than you may think.

I'm extremely active - I only have issues with the Deltas when sweat has built up too much for silicones to seal and I'm making too many jerky movements for them to stay put - I've never had problems while cycling. Also, the cable is easily the most well behaved I've found when it comes to exercise and movement. 

That said, I'm keenly looking forward to the sport IEM's that Bobs making next, and if you can wait til December that may be a safer option for you. 

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,935 of 4,830
Just received prototypes for Atlas, Helio and also the new (to be named) headphone tonight.

All 3 are very good - only had limited time with each so far.  Headphones in particular are brilliant - watch out for that KS when Bob eventually releases it.

I know there will be quite a bit of interest in Atlas and Helio - and I'll get you full impressions on both as soon as I can.  First I need to talk to Bob about a couple of things, then I need to get some listening time.  What I can tell you is that both look to be pretty good value - and especially at the KS pricing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back