iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 23, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #661 of 6,795

I"m in Sydney - Australia, I had no problems. Maybe try another browser? (I used Chrome)

Yes, I tried Chrome, Firefox, etc but no difference. Also tried three different internet (at home and work) and my phone's 4G, but got no luck.
iBasso site is slow to load and firmware download trickles at around 100kbps and eventually fails.

All other sites are working fine at blazing fast speeds. Not sure what's going on but it's something beyond what I can resolve.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #662 of 6,795

Yes, I tried Chrome, Firefox, etc but no difference. Also tried three different internet (at home and work) and my phone's 4G, but got no luck.
iBasso site is slow to load and firmware download trickles at around 100kbps and eventually fails.

All other sites are working fine at blazing fast speeds. Not sure what's going on but it's something beyond what I can resolve.

I'll upload it for you and send the a link via PM so you can download it.

Give it about 30 minutes to upload as my net isn't light speed. Started now.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #663 of 6,795

I am already sending it to him. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #664 of 6,795

Thanks. Someone else just offered me a link as well, so I think I'm alright, though your upload might also rescue some other people.

Anyhow I didn't need to rush but I wanted to figure out what the download problem was caused by, because it seemed like a few other people also had issues in the earlier posts. Traceroute just hangs for an unusually long time on ibasso.com.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #666 of 6,795
Just did the 1.1.4 update, thanks to a helping hand in downloading.

Update still had the "invalid img" error on exFAT, but worked fine on FAT32 format on the same card (16GB).

I still have a few minor issues that I wish they resolve, but so far everything is working smoothly.
I can still hear the click/thump on playback which might annoy people.

I haven't noticed any major difference in the sound from v1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

I hope iBasso will keep up the effort and improve the UI continuously. It at least keeps the forums active and attracts new users.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #669 of 6,795
Finally dloaded new FW this morning, but repeatedly getting the "invalid image" error reported by many people. Tried a freshly formatted 8gb card (both fat32 and exfat) plus a 64gb card with my music on it (exfat); no dice.

Maybe I missed it but is there a foolproof method of getting around this problem?

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #670 of 6,795
Did you use a FAT32 card loaded in the slot furthest from the screen? That seems to be the trick.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #671 of 6,795
  Did you use a FAT32 card loaded in the slot furthest from the screen? That seems to be the trick.

Yes I did - the update firmware option appears in the advanced menu so the system recognizes update.img but can't find it when choosing the update option.

BUT I decided to put update.img on the SD card nearest the screen as well. So cards containing the file were in both SD 1 and 2. This worked!

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #672 of 6,795

BUT I decided to put update.img on the SD card nearest the screen as well. So cards containing the file were in both SD 1 and 2. This worked!

Hmm. I always removed my exFAT card containing my music, leaving only the tiny FAT32 card containing the update.img. I wonder if 2 cards confuses things?
I seem to remember that Paul from iBasso said that 1.1.4 would load subsequent updated from an exFAT card, so maybe this process will be easier next time.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #673 of 6,795
Not sure how iBasso did it, they seemed to develop a player that simply makes the band Megadeth sound completely awesome, every album. Are you sure there's no die hard Megadeth fans at iBasso, Paul?

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #674 of 6,795
Received my DX80 last night.  Immediately updated to the latest firmware without issues (thanks to folks relating their experiences here).  Used the SD card from my DX90 but the library scan repeatedly hung.  Removing the existing album data file got me past that issue.  Otherwise, for how I listen (mostly albums straight through), this guy is working great.  Even gapless.  Although I can't say that the SQ is better than the DX90, it's different enough in the right direction for me - I hear a little added warmth that I enjoy. I'm very pleased so far.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #675 of 6,795
Not sure how iBasso did it, they seemed to develop a player that simply makes the band Megadeth sound completely awesome, every album. Are you sure there's no die hard Megadeth fans at iBasso, Paul?

Megadeth you say? Now that might have just got me reaching for my wallet
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back