iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 23, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #632 of 6,795

First attempt failed; now showing 20h to download a 91.5mb file. Anybody ant idea what's going on?

it was showing over an hour and it probably took that long but it downloaded it, i thought it was only my wifi, sorry you guys have trouble too..

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #633 of 6,795

First attempt failed; now showing 20h to download a 91.5mb file. Anybody ant idea what's going on?

I have no idea. Very strange. It takes me about 30 seconds to download the files. Maybe someone could mirror it. I am going to try again, right now. . . .  58 seconds to download. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #634 of 6,795

I have no idea. Very strange. It takes me about 30 seconds to download the files. Maybe someone could mirror it. I am going to try again, right now. . . .  58 seconds to download. 

yesterday i downloaded 1.12 in seconds.
btw how do i update the firmware?
i put the img. file on the sd card, but it hasn't appeared in the menu as an option if thats how it works

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #635 of 6,795

yesterday i downloaded 1.12 in seconds.
btw how do i update the firmware?
i put the img. file on the sd card, but it hasn't appeared in the menu as an option if thats how it works

You go into the advanced menu and at the bottom there is an Update FW. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #636 of 6,795

You go into the advanced menu and at the bottom there is an Update FW. 

there isn't in mine
confused.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #639 of 6,795
Just received my DX80 from iBasso - not had much time to listen yet - busy sorting out music, but a 64 and 128 mSD cards from my DX90 were scanned without issue.

Two quick questions: How do I stop windows computer USB connected DX80 switching from card reader status to charging, and thus disconnecting?

Is it possible to add new wallpaper? If so, I have some DX90 favourites; would they need resizing?

Could someone remind me which is SD slot 1 and which slot 2 (I can't find the post which described this).

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #640 of 6,795

Two things to try:

1. Make sure your card is formatted in fat32
2. put the card into the second card slot (the one farther away from the screen) 

worked for me. 

updating now, but would love to know whats new?
like faster scanning perhaps or no lag in ff or rw..
two of my very very few complaints, i love the player!

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #641 of 6,795
  Just received my DX80 from iBasso - not had much time to listen yet - busy sorting out music, but a 64 and 128 mSD cards from my DX90 were scanned without issue.

Two quick questions: How do I stop windows computer USB connected DX80 switching from card reader status to charging, and thus disconnecting?

Is it possible to add new wallpaper? If so, I have some DX90 favourites; would they need resizing?

Could someone remind me which is SD slot 1 and which slot 2 (I can't find the post which described this).

My last question was answered whilst I wrote it!

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #642 of 6,795
So after receiving the DX80 today....

-  I have downloaded fw1.1.4 from iBasso's website and updated firmware -  SUCCESS!!

-  Loaded (2) 128gb microSDXC cards (between the 2 cards about 5500 FLAC files, mostly uncompressed, lossless 16bit and some 24bit Hi-Res files) and chose 'Scan SD1 and SD2'.  -  SUCCESS!!  Took about 26 minutes, which is about on par/same amount of as it took to load about 5000 files on the AK Jr (that I used to own).  However, FiiO X5II only took about 5 minutes to load the same (2) microSDXC cards.  No complaints, though (its not like I am goind to load this amount of music at one time again).

-  Just been playing around with the UI and listening to music.  I've read some concerns about sluggishness.  I have not experienced any.  The DX80 is just as snappy as the FiiO X5II, if not snappier, and as a matter of fact I experienced a more slow/sluggish UI with the AK Jr.  On the DX80, My Music screen, selecting All Music only took 2-3 seconds to pull up the list of 5500 plus songs.  IMO, that's pretty impressive.  Selecting Artist from My Music screen is almost instant.  Scrolling through the lists is fluid and smooth.  Absolutely no issues with UI here and very pleased.  I think the important thing to remember here is that the DX80 does not have the processing power, nor RAM as that of a new smartphone.

Sound discussion will come with more ear time.  But so far, after about a few hours of use, I'm very happy with this device.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #643 of 6,795
  So after receiving the DX80 today....

-  I have downloaded fw1.1.4 from iBasso's website and updated firmware -  SUCCESS!!

-  Loaded (2) 128gb microSDXC cards (between the 2 cards about 5500 FLAC files, mostly uncompressed, lossless 16bit and some 24bit Hi-Res files) and chose 'Scan SD1 and SD2'.  -  SUCCESS!!  Took about 26 minutes, which is about on par/same amount of as it took to load about 5000 files on the AK Jr (that I used to own).  However, FiiO X5II only took about 5 minutes to load the same (2) microSDXC cards.  No complaints, though (its not like I am goind to load this amount of music at one time again).

-  Just been playing around with the UI and listening to music.  I've read some concerns about sluggishness.  I have not experienced any.  The DX80 is just as snappy as the FiiO X5II, if not snappier, and as a matter of fact I experienced a more slow/sluggish UI with the AK Jr.  On the DX80, My Music screen, selecting All Music only took 2-3 seconds to pull up the list of 5500 plus songs.  IMO, that's pretty impressive.  Selecting Artist from My Music screen is almost instant.  Scrolling through the lists is fluid and smooth.  Absolutely no issues with UI here and very pleased.  I think the important thing to remember here is that the DX80 does not have the processing power, nor RAM as that of a new smartphone.

Sound discussion will come with more ear time.  But so far, after about a few hours of use, I'm very happy with this device.

Hopefully the line out is fixed and playlist

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #644 of 6,795
I hope the hiss and thumps are fixed. I am just waiting for the network error to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back