iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #646 of 6,795
  It's difficult, for me, to trust reviews coming from retail stores.

Me too.  I mean they're trying to sell the product they are reviewing. . .

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #648 of 6,795
Hi Guys i am thinking buy the DX80 (but i am afraid ......of bugs 
eek.gif
 ) ,

just a stupid question i will need to download all the FW ......or just the last one ? (sorry )

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #649 of 6,795
eek.gif
 ) ,

just a stupid question i will need to download all the FW ......or just the last one ? (sorry )

Only the latest FW is needed.
I didn't have any bugs since i have mine. Big Step up from DX90. 
I think if you are not willing to spend 1000 $ + on a DAP then there is no other choice like to get the DX80 
etysmile.gif

Just downloading the new 1.1.4 (download speed seems normal) will flash it today and give it a test spin

Edit: Download was finished fast - update procedure without any problems (just copied update.img to root folder on SD Card 2 - selected System Update - then Factory Reset - then remove SD Card and insert again for rescan).

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #651 of 6,795
  I am unable to download the new firmware from the ibasso website. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but can someone upload it for me and send me the link in a private message? Thank you

I sure it is fine but upload it to what? I guess there are sites that you can do large uploads to. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #652 of 6,795
  It's difficult, for me, to trust reviews coming from retail stores.

I used to work in retail. You lie to customers and they may buy once but then they are done and eventually so will be your reputation. Besides, it appears they were comparing to other players they have so what is the point of building up one player against others you also want to sell? No, I was honest with my customers and that is why they would come back and do business with me. Word travels fast if you are just scamming people. But no matter what, trust your own ears. After all, reviews are a guide to get us to where we want to be but ultimately, we are the final reviewer. :^)

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #655 of 6,795
  Guys, is it just me or does the review link above not mention anything about sound quality. 
confused_face_2.gif

I did a Google translate but I am none the wiser - I just wanted to save you all the futility - as if Mondays were not bad enough! 
wink.gif

Part 1 of the review, lab measurements only. I assume there will be a Part 2 with listening impressions later.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #656 of 6,795
eek.gif
 ) ,

Don't be.  Get at least FW 1.1.2 on the DX80 and any bugs remaining are pretty minor.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #657 of 6,795
I've been trying to download the firmware for a whole day but it's so slow and keeps stalling half way (still says 7 hours remaining).

It would be nice for iBasso to post a dropbox link for the firmware, because dropbox can handle large concurrent traffic without suffocating.
Fiio and iFi used to do that to avoid overloading their main website server.

iBasso should beef up their website server as a first step towards world domination. Having such a feeble line speed is like admitting that you have a small customer base...
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #658 of 6,795
  I've been trying to download the firmware for a whole day but it's so slow and keeps stalling half way (still says 7 hours remaining).

It would be nice for iBasso to post a dropbox link for the firmware, because dropbox can handle large concurrent traffic without suffocating.
Fiio and iFi used to do that to avoid overloading their main website server.

iBasso should beef up their website server as a first step towards world domination. Having such a feeble line speed is like admitting that you have a small customer base...
biggrin.gif

Strange, I just downloaded it a few minutes after you posted.  It worked for me and took around 3 minutes to download.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #659 of 6,795

Strange, I just downloaded it a few minutes after you posted.  It worked for me and took around 3 minutes to download.

I think it depends on the country. There must be local caching or something.

Everything else is working fine on my internet and I'm getting around 30Mbps to China or wherever the iBasso server is hosted, so it's some unknown issue that I can't resolve.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #660 of 6,795

I think it depends on the country. There must be local caching or something.

Everything else is working fine on my internet and I'm getting around 30Mbps to China or wherever the iBasso server is hosted, so it's some unknown issue that I can't resolve.

I"m in Sydney - Australia, I had no problems. Maybe try another browser? (I used Chrome)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back