iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #10,441 of 13,503
Quote:
You should also try FW 1.2.7.  When I 'upgraded' from 1.2.7 to 1.3.5 the sound quality when using with my AKG K3003's went downhill for me, vocals sounded like they were just on the point of clipping and this made me roll back to 1.2.7 which is a perfect match for me.  Worth a try.  Note that whenever you change FW it s a good idea to do a reset from the settings menu (does not wipe your music)

Also, as others have stated in this thread, there is no real WOW factor to this DAP.  The sound it produces is exquisite, just spend some time with it, you'll see.

I've had wow factors though with this DAP. Particularly in the bass department :wink:.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #10,446 of 13,503
I went back to 1.2.7....

I did too, but not necessarily for preference. Last night the DX was plugged in charging up and I noticed the screen would flash on every now and then. When I went to pick it up the screen was white and blank. I reset it numerous times but could not get it to normalize. The player was still working behind that blank screen because it would vibrate on cue and I was finally able to hook it up the computer.

I copied all my music off of it, used the production tool to reinitialize it and install 1.2.7. Then I reset it once more and finally plugged it into the power cable again before the screen popped back to normal. Weird occurrence. But seems to be fine now.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #10,447 of 13,503
I will have to try the new firmware again. Maybe there was a conflict somewhere but I did do a factory reset. I like 1.2.7 though but it doesn't take long to go back and forth.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #10,448 of 13,503
Quote:
I will have to try the new firmware again. Maybe there was a conflict somewhere but I did do a factory reset. I like 1.2.7 though but it doesn't take long to go back and forth.

Yes if you could please. Last night, I didn't really do sonic tests but just functionality. I didn't hear anything strange coming from 1.3.5 and now I've just woke up and am focusing on SQ, I'm actually not having any issues with it.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #10,449 of 13,503
Quote:
Is it just me or they did not correct the reversed playlist thing ? It is still in reverse...well, I haven't done the factory reset yet...I am lazy to do it, because everytime I do a factory reset, it does not recognize my cover art, and I have to go through all my albums over again...

Gosh I hope so. Got an email saying they would fix it. Might only be in advanced UI not the widget thing. I am going to update tonight.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #10,451 of 13,503
Quote:
How can I access the cue sheet function with the stock player. I've looked through the manual with no luck

Maybe from the the  folder view. I think you have to have the cue sheet listed in the folder with the files itself. At least that is what I remember....

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #10,454 of 13,503
Launch the one track, then go back to the player, and you will see a button CUE on the screen. Hit it, and you will get a roll-down menu with the different tracks.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #10,455 of 13,503
Have loaded up 1.3.7. Frankly too early to say whether the SQ is any different to me. But still beautiful so far!

1. Stop Playing issue. So far I have not had it miss a beat. But then 1.2.7 didn't for a while either then suddenly a couple nights ago this surfaced again. Was consistently bad on 1.3.5.

2. Playlist order. Appears tracks are in the correct order BUT when you add albums to a playlist on the DX100, the last added album or individually added track appears first. So, if you have a double album you want to listen through you have to add Disc 2 then Disc 1.... Go figure! Looks like its back to Media Monkey for playlist editing. At least I don't have to reverse the whole play list. I can live with this. Oh, and they are in the same order in the widget too.

Getting close iBasso! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back