iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #7,772 of 13,503
I've already order my DX100, but not from toxic-caves unfortunately :frowning2:, also I've made a research through their website but I've found nothing from ibasso.. do you need to make a special request to them, or what?

I've already read that the 1.1.7 firmware is the best for the most, so I think I'll start directly with it

There is any decent case for the DX100 for on the move use, in where it could be a little more protected? I've read about the HDP-R10, but I'd like to know if there are cases available even in Europe..

There are a number of cases made for small cameras that work very well for storage and protection and are quite inexpensive. I would not suggest long periods of playing inside a case as heat dissipation may become an issue.

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7,773 of 13,503
no cases specifically made for the dx100 except for the HDP-R10 silicon case and custom-made cases
Do note that the HDP-R10 silicone case is probably just useful for scratches. It won't do much for drops or pushes. The aluminum back of the DX100 still can dent even with the silicone case on.

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #7,774 of 13,503
Anyone else has this problem: At the end of the last song of an album, my DX100 (firmware 1.2.3) was still in play mode. It would not go into pause automatically. Didn't notice it until battery went from 80% to 10% in a couple of hours and it was very warm. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #7,775 of 13,503
To my knowledge you'll have to put it in sleep mode to prevent the battery from draining a lot. I'm not under the impression that it will go into sleep mode on it own. At least not on a consistent basis and more so randomly.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #7,776 of 13,503
To my knowledge you'll have to put it in sleep mode to prevent the battery from draining a lot. I'm not under the impression that it will go into sleep mode on it own. At least not on a consistent basis and more so randomly.
outta curiosity what's "sleep mode"? Do you mean tapping the power button?

I had my DX100 fully charged on Friday morning & never used it till today only to notice the battery was completely drained. Note Music app was killed from the process table.

So something else could be draining during "sleep mode" if our definitions are the same.

Edit: & this is the normal behaviour of my DX100 since I first had it. So I always assumed its standby was short anyway.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #7,777 of 13,503
Quote:
outta curiosity what's "sleep mode"? Do you mean tapping the power button?
I had my DX100 fully charged on Friday morning & never used it till today only to notice the battery was completely drained. Note Music app was killed from the process table.
So something else could be draining during "sleep mode" if our definitions are the same.
Edit: & this is the normal behaviour of my DX100 since I first had it. So I always assumed its standby was short anyway.

Well AnakChan I've never really used the Stanby on it if there is a way to enable it. But my method of using it or at least a similar method is by holding the Power button. It prompts you to Power Off the unit. Press this. Then you get another screen that says Your device will shut down. Instead now press the power button on the side again to turn the screen off. Power consumption should be minimal and you can leave it this way for  a long time without much battery consumption. Now sure if there is a better method with less drain but this seems to work for me.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #7,779 of 13,503
It is not whether the DX100 goes into sleep mode, my concern is it continues to play at the end of the (last) song when there is nothing there to play. It just has to recognize the end and put itself in pause so that it doesn't continue draining the battery at the play mode. Probably just a software issue that can be resolved easily.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #7,780 of 13,503
Quote:
It is not whether the DX100 goes into sleep mode, my concern is it continues to play at the end of the (last) song when there is nothing there to play. It just has to recognize the end and put itself in pause so that it doesn't continue draining the battery at the play mode. Probably just a software issue that can be resolved easily.

It effectively is in what you are calling 'pause' mode.

If you turn on the device and then turn the screen off - never play music at all, it will continue to stay 'awake' and drain the battery in not much more time than if you were playing music.

Agree that it should be fixable through some kind of 'auto sleep', but that doesn't exist right now.

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #7,783 of 13,503
Quote:
Roffesian you have a point but figgie does not own a unit and cannot even verify these things for himself. Hes just going off of speculation from the firmware. Its putting the cart before the horse and will not get you anywhere. Would you risk damaging your unit for him when he doesn't own one nor tried these supposed changes to the firmware?

I don't have to verify.

The code tells me all. He won't break anything because of me as I will not be writing a custom ROM for this or trying to fix APK bugs due to misspelled constants/variables (which there are a numerous misspellings in different global variables and global functions).It is not worth my time. Now as I stated before, RockChip/iBasso is infact reading this thread as the changes where made after I posted the APK file name.. now it no longer is called what I posted. The updates you and the rest of the readers here do install will be official RockChip/iBasso updates.

So besides you spreading fearmongering on something that I have no intention on releasing. Why wouldn't I release something? I am not getting a pay check or any other form of compensation from iBasso OR RockChip to fix there messups. Hell, I am going well above and beyond what I need to in calling out where they messed up code wise.  I would love to know how anyone here would "damage" a unit based on my posting? If they can do everything I have done (analyze the update package, the files etc). Trust me they don't need my input and coding. So that beckons, unless RockChip/iBasso really mess up the update process how exactly does one

Quote:
"risk damaging your unit for him"

That statement deserves an explenation especially without me releasing anything.

-Figgie

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #7,784 of 13,503
Excuse me if I wasn't more specific about my problem. As shown below, at the end of the Last Resort (last track of Hotel California), my DX100 is still in play mode (see top left corner). I've to press "II" in order to pause/stop it. If left unattended at the end of an album or playlist, the battery drains faster than when it's in pause/idle mode. It would be disappointing if you fell asleep listening to an album on a long haul flight and wake up a few hours later to a almost dead player.

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #7,785 of 13,503
Quote:
Excuse me if I wasn't more specific about my problem. As shown below, at the end of the Last Resort (last track of Hotel California), my DX100 is still in play mode (see top left corner). I've to press "II" in order to pause/stop it. If left unattended at the end of an album or playlist, the battery drains faster than when it's in pause/idle mode. It would be disappointing if you fell asleep listening to an album on a long haul flight and wake up a few hours later to a almost dead player.

island

do you have another folder (if alphabetically listed, another Eagles album OR another artist after Eagles) after that?

example

/sdcard/Music/Eagles/Hell Freezes over/*.flac 
/sdcard/Music/Eagles/Hotel California/*.flac

(Eagles can be any other title afterwards).

Most other players will continue to the next album if left playing. If that is your only album, that points to an end of stream issue that is not being read correctly (this info is for you incase you want to contact RockChip/iBasso with the issue).

the short explenation..

the player is playing the following

until stopped or dead battery

even though it is not "playing" anything. It is still reading which consumes CPU cycles. This is usually because they did not write a End Of File (EOF) statement (tends to be a loop that reads the "text.inputstream" until EOF) or they misspelled the EOF statement.

you probably will want to reset the firmware then update to 1.1.7 if you have not as this is probably an isolated incident.

Is that with FW 1.1.7 or 1.2.3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back