iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #7,801 of 13,503
Quote:
Read my edited post above. I put their earlier comments in that post and highlighted where he made such an assumption. I can agree on them sourcing parts and assembling the unit themselves. But without hearing otherwise that they purchased fully built units and just sold them, I'm gonna take that comment with a grain of salt. Only ibasso has the right to make that statement or not. As I said earlier, better to hear it from the horses mouth.

First, thanks for merging the threads, I was wondering why It grew so fast.

They won't unfortunatly.

You won't hear Best Buy say that the Insignia receivers are made by Onkyo. Or the Rocketfish periphels are made by Madcatz. the TV are by Shoshico or AUO or Funai or a combination of. Same from Vizio, etc.  Only reason we know of Foxconn with Apple wasn't because of Apple but because of leak that the media ran with.

Post 7793 :wink:

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #7,802 of 13,503
Quote:

I went back quite a few pages and couldn't find those posts.

....And now I realise it's because it was posted in a different thread. Can you link me to the thread? I've never read those claims before now.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607423/i-basso-hdp-r-10-is-ibasso-dx-100-japan-version-release-soon/60

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #7,803 of 13,503
island

do you have another folder (if alphabetically listed, another Eagles album OR another artist after Eagles) after that?

example

/sdcard/Music/Eagles/Hell Freezes over/*.flac 
/sdcard/Music/Eagles/Hotel California/*.flac

(Eagles can be any other title afterwards).

Most other players will continue to the next album if left playing. If that is your only album, that points to an end of stream issue that is not being read correctly (this info is for you incase you want to contact RockChip/iBasso with the issue).

the short explenation..

the player is playing the following

until stopped or dead battery

even though it is not "playing" anything. It is still reading which consumes CPU cycles. This is usually because they did not write a End Of File (EOF) statement (tends to be a loop that reads the "text.inputstream" until EOF) or they misspelled the EOF statement.

you probably will want to reset the firmware then update to 1.1.7 if you have not as this is probably an isolated incident.

Is that with FW 1.1.7 or 1.2.3?

Thanks figgie for the information.

I've albums (in alphabetical order) before and after Hotel California. Just selecting any album and playing from beginning to end (no repeat, no random play) have same issue. It does not stop playing or go on to next album. I guess you may be right that it is missing a EOF statement. 

I'm on 1.2.3 and will try going back to 1.1.7 to see if the same problem exists. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #7,805 of 13,503
Got my RMA'd DX100 today. All I can say is... WOW!

I think they did not repair the unit, but they replaced it with a new one instead. Small scratches are gone, Backplate replaced as well, and I don't need to buy that hibino screen protector because they used a better screen protector than the one I got when I first bought it! And the giveaway that I think this is brand new is the sound, the bass body is almost nonexistent again-- similar experience when I first had the DX100 and need to burn-in those capacitors again.

Will post pics later since I am at the office.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #7,807 of 13,503
it is using 1.2.3 when i first got it, since the problem started with the firmware last time, I reverted it to 1.1.7 =)
need to burn-in those capacitors again, i guess.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #7,808 of 13,503
I paid a visit to Helledie last night, and using what is probably all the DX100's in Denmark, we were able to A/B test 1.1.7 vs. 1.2.3 firmwares. Not only does 1.1.7 have much tighter bass, instrument separation, soundstage and overall clarity is much better in 1.1.7. I can't wait for Figgie to get a DX100 and start fixing the code. I for one would like the features of the 1.2.3 firmware with the sound of 1.1.7.

The testing was done with a set of HiFiMAN HE-500 powered by an O2 amp. The DX100's were started and stopped simultaneously, playing the same files and naturally both set to the same volume (242). A/B testing was done by moving the IC cable between the line out connectors.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #7,810 of 13,503
Quote:
I paid a visit to Helledie last night, and using what is probably all the DX100's in Denmark, we were able to A/B test 1.1.7 vs. 1.2.3 firmwares. Not only does 1.1.7 have much tighter bass, instrument separation, soundstage and overall clarity is much better in 1.1.7. I can't wait for Figgie to get a DX100 and start fixing the code. I for one would like the features of the 1.2.3 firmware with the sound of 1.1.7.

The testing was done with a set of HiFiMAN HE-500 powered by an O2 amp. The DX100's were started and stopped simultaneously, playing the same files and naturally both set to the same volume (242). A/B testing was done by moving the IC cable between the line out connectors.

Awesome Sorensiim this methodology is almost always fool-proof and is the easiest way to confirm our findings. At least were on the same page now :). Are you trolling about that comment regarding figgie? :wink:

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #7,811 of 13,503
Switching back to 1.1.7 now 
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #7,813 of 13,503
Quote:

Awesome Sorensiim this methodology is almost always fool-proof and is the easiest way to confirm our findings. At least were on the same page now :). Are you trolling about that comment regarding figgie? :wink:

No trolling at all. He may come off as an arrogant prick to some (so do I, look at all the fcuks I give), but he has a valid point. I do (very simple) code as a part of my job and we have devs in China, India, Germany and Ukraine as well. Some of them appear to code by hunting for the brightest, most talented programmers in the world, hiring them... And then slam their heads repeatedly into the keyboard. Add to that the Linus Torvalds spirit of "If it compiles, ship it!" and hey presto - I have a full time job making sure stuff actually works in our production environment. 

Off topic: I'm thinking of getting one of these, should we send some to the Ibasso/Rockchip dev team?

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #7,814 of 13,503
Quote:
You have your DX100?

yeah got it this morning:) So far pretty good~ The firmware can be a bit slow sometimes. testing 1.1.7 now:)

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #7,815 of 13,503
@tupac Let me know how you like it in comparison to 1.2.3. When doing comparison do both with EQ off. Although 1.2.3 should be closer to 1.1.7 with its EQ enabled (still not the same though).

@Sorrensiim I doubt figgie will be getting a unit for himself from the comments hes made.

lol at the shirt :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back