iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #7,831 of 13,503
Quote:

You are absolutely correct, to amp the DX100 for better sonics, the portable amp has to be something special!!!

Agreed. Helledie and I only added the O2 because the HE-500 really shines when given that extra bit of juice that the O2 can add without coloring the signal. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #7,832 of 13,503
Quote:
@Sorrensiim I doubt figgie will be getting a unit for himself from the comments hes made.

Up in the air.

outside of all the issues. I would like to have a DX100 to develop on. The price point is sticking point for a development device. The other issue is the rockchip SDk that I do not have access to to fully develop around the RockChip CPU. I have been reverse engineering what they have done but this "ROM" and specifically the music/media function is custom not google based. Honestly I get a headache reading it. Sorensiim basically put nicely. It looks like the developers decided to use there foreheads to bang on the keyboards.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #7,833 of 13,503
Ok so I'm finally in process of ordering my DX100 (I say 'in process' because I don't have any experience at all buying on the internet and I live in an unfriendly place for this matter, but hopefully all will be right, I've been talking with Ibasso and the're being nice and helpful) So fingers crossed!
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #7,834 of 13,503
Just for information, my DX100 has been in standby for 24 hours since charging it to 100%. It now reads 66%. After booting up the player I just pressed the power switch briefly to put it in standby. I will next try the technique of selecting Power Off and just pressing the power switch without confirming shutdown.

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #7,835 of 13,503
Interesting. I left mine in standby since yesterday at around 0930 until this morning about the same time and it had gone down to 80 percent. That was with a turn on and then put into the standby mode. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #7,836 of 13,503
Just compared 1.1.7 and 1.2.3 carefully. 

I agree with others. 1.1.7 sounds better by a big margin! powerful but not bloated. Great control of bass!  Such dynamic, spacious presentation with super clarity of detail. 1.2.3's treble can be harsh at times. but not on 1.1.7. I didn't think JH16 would sound great on it since it's a fairly analytical IEMs. Now it really surprised me with that liquidity of treble. If dx100 is a bit less powerful with a bit less sub bass. This would be a perfect match!. The two ends of the spectrum are where 801 now really has trouble to keep up with.

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #7,837 of 13,503
Got my Dx100 yesterday from Toxic cables, great service from Frank.

So far I'm very impressed with this DAP, I've used various ipod classic/amp combos over the years and have to say that this surpasses every combo I've tried in the past.  Using Phonak 232's and it really gives them a nice little boost.  My Senn IE8's also sound great with the DAP, seems to give them even more soundstage than they already had.  My custom Minervas are currently having a rebuild so will try them when I get them back.

Nice to know that the sound will only get better as it burns in.

Coming from an Android its been a breeze using the UI and havn't really encountered any problems so far with pops, clicks or any other strange things.

Decided to roll back to the 1.1.7 firmware, didnt try the latest firmware.  Also decided not to use the wifi or stick any other apps on there.

Now a question, I've used IEM's for years and would like to try some closed back portable/full sized headphones around the £100-200 mark.  Any advice on where to start, I mainly listen to indie/alternative music but do listen to a bit of everything.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #7,838 of 13,503
i know its laughable to others because of its price, but even a portapro/ksc75 sounds great with the dx100 =)

to answer your question, beyer dt1350 perhaps?

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #7,839 of 13,503
Quote:
Up in the air.

outside of all the issues. I would like to have a DX100 to develop on. The price point is sticking point for a development device. The other issue is the rockchip SDk that I do not have access to to fully develop around the RockChip CPU. I have been reverse engineering what they have done but this "ROM" and specifically the music/media function is custom not google based. Honestly I get a headache reading it. Sorensiim basically put nicely. It looks like the developers decided to use there foreheads to bang on the keyboards.

Would be cool if they made you a nice incentive to fix their coding in return for a free unit :wink:. At least that would help to fix their issues that they seem to be having a hard time addressing and in the end fetching them a much larger return on their investment.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #7,840 of 13,503
Quote:
i know its laughable to others because of its price, but even a portapro/ksc75 sounds great with the dx100 =)

to answer your question, beyer dt1350 perhaps?

To me the modified Porta Pros are one of the better sounding headphones out there. I use them all the time and have for years. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #7,841 of 13,503
Looks like I'll be ordering a DX100 from Toxic Cables later this month/next month. Already got a 64GB microSD card waiting for it... should have my customs too... and a Silver Poison cable lol.

Head-Fi - sorry about your wallet.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #7,843 of 13,503
KSC-35's also sound incredible on the DX100.

The PortaPro, KSC-35 and KSC-75 can easily be modified to significantly improve their already excellent performance.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #7,844 of 13,503
I am using Yuin G1s with the partsexpress headband mod to eliminate the clipons for better bass  & tighter fit with my DX100 ,this is my go to setup.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #7,845 of 13,503
Tupac,

I'm waiting on my JH16's to arrive, have a Chris himself cable on the way...do you think the DH100 is one of the better choices out there. I have the shure 535's now and just use my galaxy 3 at the moment. the ability to use MOG or spotify and the expandable memory is what has my interests. Thanks! I'm am so impatiently waiting for my 16's to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back