iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #7,756 of 13,503
Quote:
So when you manually change from one song to a different one you have no audio cut out from any of the tracks? If you don't manually change the songs it doesn't do this. But I like to select my own tracks a lot of the time.

Ok, so do you mean programming it to play certain songs or you change it manually to another song in the same album or a different album? When I do it manually I get no cut out. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #7,757 of 13,503
I'm talking about manually selecting a song and then changing it to another song either in the same album or in a different album. I don't use albums though to play my music. Not sure if that is how you use all your music. Maybe that could be something to do with it? Either way its unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Its a basic function that all DAPS should have. I get a couple seconds of the beginning of each track cut out before it starts playing. Seems everyone else has this same issue on 1.1.7. On 1.2.3 the problem is fixed but you have a 5 second delay inbetween tracks which is also crap.

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #7,758 of 13,503
Ok, I am going to experiment and get back on this. 

Follow-up: I went from song to song and then back and album to album. Each time I listened for the first note or word and then brought up the screen for that individual song and pressed the back button to get to the very beginning. The sound was the same. If the pluck was heard cuing up from the screen with just that song, I also heard it when I went to the playlist and selected that song again, after going to another song. This is in 1.1.7. I went from 1.2.3 back to 1.1.7 but did not reset. I get album art when I play the album for the first time as it doesn't show up until the album is opened for the first time. 

========

Ok, ever since did the follow-up, I have been unable to get the JH13's out of my ears. These are just good a combination with the DX. I have had the 13's for a few years now and they have been sent in once. They still fit perfect and sound . . . too good. :^)

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #7,759 of 13,503
Whenever I select a song manually (as in picking an album and then picking a song from that album) the 1.1.7 firmware cuts the first couple of seconds from it and the 1.2.3 firmware takes 5 seconds before it starts playing (but no cuts). When the player goes from one track to the next, on a playlist or just playing an album, there are no problems.

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #7,760 of 13,503
Quote:
Whenever I select a song manually (as in picking an album and then picking a song from that album) the 1.1.7 firmware cuts the first couple of seconds from it and the 1.2.3 firmware takes 5 seconds before it starts playing (but no cuts). When the player goes from one track to the next, on a playlist or just playing an album, there are no problems.

I don't understand this. I can skip song to song within the same album or to another and I get no cut off of the first part of the song. I can understand how that would be frustrating. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #7,761 of 13,503
Hmm would you mind sending me a screen shot of some of your files in mp3 tag. Please give me a full view of everything. I'm wondering if you are using a specific format that is doing this... These inconsistencies are strange and frustrating when you think about it...

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #7,762 of 13,503
I have one question I need to ask again before I place my order. I have no tags at all, and my music is organized in folders like this: artist\album\number-track name. This is the way I have always used it, and would like to keep doing it like this. Does this make sense on the DX100?
Thanks for any opinions!

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #7,763 of 13,503
You're gonna wanna tag them appropriately or things won't show up how you may intend them to. I've posted details on how to do this already. I recommend you consider setting things up in playlists as its similar to the concept you want and is organized exactly how you want it to be organized. Just sync things in alphabetical order and it will all show up that way.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

The below directions are in large part for the Hisound products but you can still use them to help you get your tags properly working as I did myself. If you are gonna be using FLAC files then I recommend you only have the (FLAC) tag embedded and be sure to remove any other tags like ID3V2 etc. You can embed your album art as well if you want it to show up. There is an easy work around if you are patient to get them to show up on 1.1.7. They will show up on 1.2.3 but the sound is crap on that firmware. Basically you want your filename of your songs to be like this "01 Say you will". You do not want dashes and you need to have that 0 before the 1 so 01, 02, 03, 04. Otherwise your files won't show up in order. Also remove clutter such as composer, disc number, comments. Under the "Track" colume in mp3 tag you also want it to reflect "01, 02, 03, 04" etc.

Use mp3 tag to tag your files.

Step 1: Download Mp3tag

Step 2: Go into Tool/Options. Under Tags you have Mpeg and Ape, Mpc... You want to make sure Read is check marked for both Mpeg and Ape. For "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is checked (for both Mpeg and Ape). Under "Remove" check ID3v2 and APE. If you have APE files it is recommended not to use them as those files work slow on the Studio V. Convert them over to FLAC instead. Then select Ok to apply changes in options.

Step 3: Drag and drop your files you wish to apply this to. I recommend doing this from your Hard drive if you wanna save time as the changes can be applied much faster this way. Then again reloading your Studio V and SD card could take the same amount of time. It's really only a 1 time process thing so it's not a big deal. Anyways once you've dragged and dropped the files you wish to apply these changes to, highlight all the files or click on the "Filename" area and then press Ctrl + A. Now Select Remove tags or that big X just below "Edit" (top left corner area of Mp3tag). Once all tags have been removed simply click "undo Changes" located next to "Remove tags". This will restore all your tags on the fly except for v3.2 tags. To be on the safe side you can also select "Save" to ensure these changes stay. This is located to the left of "Remove tags".

Step 4: I also recommend cleaning up your tags. If you have junk such as "Comment", "Composer", "Disc number", and "embedded album art" this will all contribute to slowing down your device. I'll tell you how to remove all this on the fly. Again press Ctrl + A to hilight all your files. Then under Comment/Composer/Disc number select <blank> for them all. Once you've completed this now right click on the album art area (located below disc number). Select "Remove Cover". Now all you have to do now is Select "Save" and it will apply all these changes for you (just make sure all your files are constantly hilighted when doing all the above directions in order to apply them).

Problem should be solved and your player should be rather responsive on start up. Mine takes roughly 16 seconds (correction) to load from the SD card and on-board. I did a countdown myself and it's 16 seconds for my unit (20 seconds if you start the countdown from when you first power the unit on). Enjoy folks! :)
[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/7d/38x38px-ZC-7d72d3a6_Lamborghini_-_Diablo.jpeg[/img]
lee730
Yesterday at 6:27 am

You can also configure mp3 tags buttons to do auto changes on the fly for you.

Under the "Tools" tab you'll notice 4 buttons with an arrow pointing to the right.

For the first one click it and copy and paste this: %track% %title%

Second one: % track% %title%

Now look further to the right and you'll notice one of these buttons marked as 1 2 on a page (red numbers). Click that and input this

Begin at tracknumber: 1

Check-mark: Leading zeros for tracknumbers (01,02). This will allow your tracks to be automatically numbered from 01, 02, 03, 04 etc. Just make sure they are in the correct order starting from 1,2,3,4 and it will automatically rename them correctly to 01, 02, 03, 04. I've noticed issues if you don't have it done this way. Basically when changing your tracks be sure to do this part first. Then you can refer to those other buttons I had mentioned earlier. As long as your Titles of your tags are correct it will combine that along with the 01, 02, 03 and rename your Filename according to that format. Basically saving you a lot of time and making this process quite easy.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #7,766 of 13,503
Lee730, mind if I post that on the first page?

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #7,767 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't understand this. I can skip song to song within the same album or to another and I get no cut off of the first part of the song. I can understand how that would be frustrating. 

Same here.  While I have 1.1.7 problems, cut-off's while changing songs is not one of them.  I think it also matters what files are being used as they may behave differently.  I use exclusively Lame Mp3.

I did have songs getting cut off on one of the earlier firmwares but changing gapless settings helped with that at that time.

Also, I had mentioned earlier but must "x 2" on the JH13/DX100 combo.  I could be happy with those two pieces of hardware the rest of my Head-Fi life.... 

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7,769 of 13,503
Quote:
Same here.  While I have 1.1.7 problems, cut-off's while changing songs is not one of them.  I think it also matters what files are being used as they may behave differently.  I use exclusively Lame Mp3.

I did have songs getting cut off on one of the earlier firmwares but changing gapless settings helped with that at that time.

Also, I had mentioned earlier but must "x 2" on the JH13/DX100 combo.  I could be happy with those two pieces of hardware the rest of my Head-Fi life.... 

Well I use exclusively flac files on my player besides a few mp3s here and there. Not sure if this has anything to do with it....

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #7,770 of 13,503
I've already order my DX100, but not from toxic-caves unfortunately :frowning2:, also I've made a research through their website but I've found nothing from ibasso.. do you need to make a special request to them, or what?

I've already read that the 1.1.7 firmware is the best for the most, so I think I'll start directly with it

There is any decent case for the DX100 for on the move use, in where it could be a little more protected? I've read about the HDP-R10, but I'd like to know if there are cases available even in Europe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back