iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #6,182 of 13,503
Quote:

Thanks but I couldn't tell you anything about it except that I liked it.  Found it on FB through some artsy people.  On a side note, I just ordered the MK3 so I can try it balanced with HE-500 and LCD-2 with DX100 and HP-P1.  Should be fun.  

Didnt know the MK3 was balanced ? i have sr71b ,am considering L3 or MK3 , gunna do some research myself 1st , then post some
advice seeking inquiries in the better choice , or just stick with sr71b . If MK3 is balanced , that would be a plus as i spent some
dinero on balanced cabled for my HD800s .

Edit:But will my expensive balanced cables from my SR71B work on MK3 ?
Cheers

May 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #6,183 of 13,503
Quote:
Up to almost 300 pages now , i may have missed exactly what 64 Gig card your using that works for internal to recognize it mate
So can i please ask you ? Im guessing some sandisc ? I see them at B&H in 70 dollar range ,here in Canada almost 200 dollars
at bestbuy today . Sweet mercy , unless someone knows where else in Canada they re cheaper . In memory here it appears
as all 64 GB successes have been with sandisc cards ?

It is on the first page and other places, the link to the card. You can also use Multi quote and multiple posts will all be in one post. Just use Multi for each quote and then Quote for the last quote you will use in the post. It condenses everything very nicely. 

May 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,184 of 13,503
Quote:

Up to almost 300 pages now , i may have missed exactly what 64 Gig card your using that works for internal to recognize it mate
So can i please ask you ? Im guessing some sandisc ? I see them at B&H in 70 dollar range ,here in Canada almost 200 dollars
at bestbuy today . Sweet mercy , unless someone knows where else in Canada they re cheaper . In memory here it appears
as all 64 GB successes have been with sandisc cards ?

See the wiki for information that may be buried in the thread if the search doesn't find it easily. It confirms micro SDXC. There is plenty of other information there as  well.

May 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6,188 of 13,503
Quote:

Lee, I tried and wasted lots of time trying to figure it out on the PC, the problem is from android (version) itself not ibasso's player, as poweramp uses its own software to decode IDTAGS. the only solution is to use one of the below apps, and for me the best is:
1-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citc.aag&feature=search_result
2-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaXJiZWNrLmFuZHJvaWQuY292ZXJhcnQiXQ..
3-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.itagcover&feature=search_result

If one fails the other will/might get it!

Not having a DX100 YET , am i missing a beat here ? cani i/we just add cover art manually ourselves and still have any
player recognize/read them , or do we need one of the mentioned programs ?

May 26, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #6,189 of 13,503
Quote:

I wanted to post Ozzy's "Back On Earth" song although its not much of a song for bass. Its a very nice song and one of my favorites from him. If you guys can give it a listen you may enjoy it as well.

Edit: I did have Nine Inch Nails "Closer" song linked but it is a bit raunchy so if you wanna hear/see it go to youtube lol. Don't want to offend anyone but it's a great song. Sorry for all the edits. When I went back to listen to these they sounded like crap, all is good now :wink:.

Closer is a great track ,not sure y any adult would find it offensive tho . im not easily offended And youtube has a for adults warning for the sensitive and under age .  Cant wait to hear all these recommends on a DX100 . Thanks mates for a great thread

May 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #6,190 of 13,503
Quote:
I have plenty or reorganizing to do myself. I need to figure out how to have an external file that tells me what I actually have on the disks. I have them marked as Rock, Jazz, etc., but I may have two 64gb cards with Rock and don't want to duplicate etc and would like to know ahead of time, what I actually have on the card. Filing has never been my strong suit, and my photography shows this. I get requests for past images for books and so on and then the hunt begins. At least in Lightroom, I can just plug in the tag number I always leave with my images now and pull it up from my files but I still don't like my filing system, and don't like mine for the music. 

LOL i hear ya mate . Organization is not my forte . id prob make some sorta word doc , name each sd Ie 1 , or rock 1 etc... and refer to notes
i dont know...im so messy , i use cdbank catalogue to organize all my cds/mp3s etc....but even thats a yrs in progress and a mess . i pic
myself with stuff doubled and tripled over many sd cards lol

May 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #6,191 of 13,503
Quote:
British hi-fi is unsurpassed imho apart from DAP's that is (I know for a fact that one Brit hi-fi Co. is thinking of doing a DAP in the very near future, you heard it here first), I wouldn't go for anything else when it comes to my home system. I've just sold my old Arcam Alpha-10 bi-amped system (kept my Alpha-9 cd-player but sold my spare 7SE, I love that ring-dac in the A-9)... I was going to replace with another Arcam system but found out that their stuff is now made in China so have gone for a Roksan-M2/ Kef R300 set-up instead, though haven't made my mind up with regard to a new CD-Player as I may go with a Transport & Dac as I'm thinking of streaming at some point (not for my good stuff, that'll never be in compressed form).... hence my serious interest in the iBasso DX100 but as of yet no-one has put it through its paces in a quality home set-up, so I'll just keep chewing on popcorn.
popcorn.gif

Have to agree with good British design, I actually got help from Arcam when I designed a system tweak, not that there's any sound improvement but it does the job in protecting your systems connects and saves on the horrendous prices they charge for deoxit products... type in RCA End-Caps in eBay and you'll see what a brilliant piece of hi-end design I achieved
wink_face.gif
 .... I sell these all over the world & if anyone wants some pm me as I'll whack off the eBay fees that should save you at least 10%..... some find me a minor benefit to the hi-fi community.

Born in London, dragged up in Sidcup/Chislehurst... living in peace in historic Rochester now... you?

Cheers from my Tannoys NFM 8s...ya they re old but still can pump

May 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #6,192 of 13,503
Quote:
partial success with the Seagate GoFlex Satellite.

On the plus side it connects easily enough and plays mp3 files over wifi without any difficulty...

On the minus side it uses its own player and can't handle FLAC or WMA files...

Shame really as 500GB would handle a decent number of HiRes files...

Thanks for that info . i was looking at that SG for just the purpose it fails on ,so is there no way to just not use their own player ?

May 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #6,193 of 13,503
Quote:
Didnt know the MK3 was balanced ? i have sr71b ,am considering L3 or MK3 , gunna do some research myself 1st , then post some
advice seeking inquiries in the better choice , or just stick with sr71b . If MK3 is balanced , that would be a plus as i spent some
dinero on balanced cabled for my HD800s .

Cheers

You should check out the MK3 thread.  Some good reviews so far.  I have a feeling the MK3 + DX100 will be an excellent combo to sit around the house with and not that big of a brick to tool around with if needed.  Not sure if it's gonna be better than the SR71B or L3 since both of those seem quite amazing from what I've read.  I'm just curious about the MK3, the bass knob and trying out balanced sound for the first time in a portable device.  I've never been curious about desktop rigs so this is it for me.  Cheers.  

May 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #6,194 of 13,503
Quote:
You should check out the MK3 thread.  Some good reviews so far.  I have a feeling the MK3 + DX100 will be an excellent combo to sit around the house with and not that big of a brick to tool around with if needed.  Not sure if it's gonna be better than the SR71B or L3 since both of those seem quite amazing from what I've read.  I'm just curious about the MK3, the bass knob and trying out balanced sound for the first time in a portable device.  I've never been curious about desktop rigs so this is it for me.  Cheers.  

I've already done an SR-71B vs RxMk3 with the CLAS and at least my opinion stands even if the CLAS were to be replaced with the DX100 as the DAC :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions/15#post_8390256

The only thing I've not tested is the L3. Currawong has one and did try the RxMk3 briefly and mentioned he thought the the RxMk3 had slightly better soundstage than the L3 :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions/15#post_8387846

May 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #6,195 of 13,503
Quote:

I've already done an SR-71B vs RxMk3 with the CLAS and at least my opinion stands even if the CLAS were to be replaced with the DX100 as the DAC :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions/15#post_8390256

The only thing I've not tested is the L3. Currawong has one and did try the RxMk3 briefly and mentioned he thought the the RxMk3 had slightly better soundstage than the L3 :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions/15#post_8387846

Ah yes, thanks for that AnakChan.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back