iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #4,891 of 13,503
So, Manuals are known to be a great resource to learn what else you might not know about a device and make your ability to use any device that much more enjoyable. Manuals are awesome
Quote:
I don't think I would need the manual but it will be a great help to many others. Maybe by the time they compiled one, the FAQ page would be more comprehensive than theirs. Lol.

Firmware update. Yes. We need it.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #4,892 of 13,503

Quote:
Yes you do not need it because you are very smart but we dim wits need it. thanks!

I don't know if this is a joking remark or a troll attempt.

Anyone who has owned android devices as well as read through the few massive dx100 threads and played with the dx100 for weeks/months would have already known the dx100 well enough to get by without the manual.

Those who are new to this may find the manual helpful to save themselves some time and trouble.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #4,893 of 13,503

which of the two do you believe?
Quote:

I don't know if this is a joking remark or a troll attempt.

Anyone who has owned android devices as well as read through the few massive dx100 threads and played with the dx100 for weeks/months would have already known the dx100 well enough to get by without the manual.

Those who are new to this may find the manual helpful to save themselves some time and trouble.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #4,894 of 13,503
Any attempt to author a manual is an exercise in futility until such time as the firmware matures sufficiently, and I don’t anticipate that happening before, say, July/August.

Just my 2 cents, and no more valuable or useless than anyone else's! :wink:

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #4,895 of 13,503
A basic manual, regardless of the firmware, will still be of great value and can always be amended and appended. Hopefully one is just around the corner. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #4,897 of 13,503

Quote:
http://randalldzm.blogspot.com/

Review here...will update as the sound continues to improve. :D

Thank you, but why not post it at he hardware section?

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #4,898 of 13,503

Quote:
I am noticing that after 300 hours of run time on the DX100, the sound has melded into a very coherent display of an audio panorama of sound. At around 250 hours the sound, to my ear, turned down for a while, with less detail and a slightly muddier sound. This is something I have heard in other amps as the caps form, etc, though times may differ. 

I noticed this with discreet OPAMPs and other equipment. I suspect it has to do with changes in the transistors. You lose treble at around 250 hours and it re-appears again at 300 hours or so. Totally freaky and a number of us observed it independently and repeatedly.

About the sdcard directory: In operating systems such as Linux distributions, BSD, Mac OS X and others, when a device, such as hard drive, is mounted, it must have a location in the file system. This is called the "mount point". The mount point for the SD card is "sdcard", presumably so you can put music on the SD card when you are connected via USB. As mount points can be anywhere in a file system, it allows, say, having user or program data on a separate drive or array from the system. In Mac OS X the mount point for drives is /Volumes/<drive name>.

A manual for all this stuff would be helpful, as sooner or later someone without a clue will want to use it and end up utterly confused.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #4,899 of 13,503
Just asked iBasso to seek if there's any way to keep hiss away,below is their answer

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
First, the DX100 has 117dB S/N. So, it is impossible for you to hear noise on low gain. If the problem on the song that you are playing or on the JH16. Please double check it.

Really amazing it is.....if I am the only guy noticing the hiss paired with JH16?

Last but not the least,iBasso also claimed"Third, ",sometimes it would break abruptly when turning down the screen", this problem is due to the amplification design. It cant be avoided. the turning on/down "pop" noise is normal for portable amplifier."

So,anyone who expects the upcoming firmware will fix the pop issue maybe you find the answer...

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #4,900 of 13,503
ibasso has the JH16's so I imagine they have tested the DX100 with them. I have the JH13's and hear no hiss. The other day, and I don't like doing this as I could ruin my ears and monitors if something came on, while on pause, I ran the volume to max, no hiss. I unplug my phones when turning the DX on or off. I don't think firmware will change the pop. Actually I don't have much issue with the current firmware. Everything plays and since number some of my albums that were 1, 2 etc., to 01, 02 they play in order. 

iBasso suggested Cover Art Downloader for the cover art of the albums. It is free and works great. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&hl=en

How do you link to a phrase rather than putting in the whole url? 

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #4,901 of 13,503

Quote:
ibasso has the JH16's so I imagine they have tested the DX100 with them. I have the JH13's and hear no hiss. The other day, and I don't like doing this as I could ruin my ears and monitors if something came on, while on pause, I ran the volume to max, no hiss. I unplug my phones when turning the DX on or off. I don't think firmware will change the pop. Actually I don't have much issue with the current firmware. Everything plays and since number some of my albums that were 1, 2 etc., to 01, 02 they play in order. 

The Sony Z, as the DX100, exhibits no hiss , at all with my JH16.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4,903 of 13,503
With all these discussions about hiss, I haven't noticed anyone explicitly state whether they were/are using the DX100 via battery or by PSU, at the time.

Just think it's important to state such things, for the sake of accuracy & consistency.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #4,904 of 13,503

Quote:
I got some hiss on some tracks with the DX100 and my old Shure 535s

I believe we might find an explanation here, my friends... The cost of great detail retrieval is that any hiss or noise on the recording will be thrown at you mercilessly.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #4,905 of 13,503

Quote:
I got some hiss on some tracks with the DX100 and my old Shure 535s

I believe we might find an explanation here, my friends... The cost of great detail retrieval is that any hiss or noise on the recording will be thrown at you mercilessly.

...and with QUADRUPLE mercilessness if you're strapping a pair of SE-5s to the DX100, right, Sorensiim?!

Give me detail... *MUST... HAVE... ^D-E-T-A-I-L^ !!!* LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back