Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 30, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #871 of 3,643
[quote name="kayandjohn" url="/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here/8[quote="ruthieandjohn, post: 11559371, member: 389352"]

Looks fine to me on these folks...

[/quote]

[/quote]
No fair! More than half those pics have models handpicked by Parrot at side angles. Plus, no way I could pull off the extended eye lashes and full beard look!:D

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #872 of 3,643
It doesn't quite look right on big heads like this one....

You should see how the Sennheiser MM450-X and (even worse) MM550-X look on the head of ANYBODY.
I sincerely cannot understand how can people buy that thing.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #874 of 3,643
  now? no, I am alone, why? should I call them now?
biggrin.gif

Can you please upload those songs in google drive and pass me the link in a PM?
Anyway, I am not sure which kind of headphone would not let the electric bass be distinguished from a bass viola... Maybe I did not understand what you mean.

Anyway for one think I can already thank you for giving me the chance to re-get the AKG: the earpads fit well on my ATH, are thicker (= no more ears touching the drivers) and the inner diameter slightly bigger.
I bought the white (you are right, they are cool, and I actually got the white version of the Y45BT now, very nice). So, the white earpads on the ATH look a bit strange, but I will of course order the black ones.
The sound changes a bit, there is a bit less bass (not a big deal there was plenty of it), a bit less low mids (good, there was a tiny bit too much for me) and a better sound of space.
Overall, I like the sound even more now.

I have assiduously avoided anything that requires me to create a Google account, such as gmail, google drive, google docs, etc., as they also collect and use privacy information in ways that I do not care for.

So feel free to check on any music that YOU are already familiar with (that is the best way anyway!).

But I already thank YOU for commenting on the AKG - I LOVE the white -845BT version and was ready to buy a used pair (except my dawdling caused it to be sold to someone else).  I know I like the AKG sound already... only possible drawbacks are light in the bass and lack of Apt-X.

Thanks again!

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #875 of 3,643

I have assiduously avoided anything that requires me to create a Google account, such as gmail, google drive, google docs, etc., as they also collect and use privacy information in ways that I do not care for.

I insist. Dropbox?
Or just Email.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #876 of 3,643

I can snail mail you the physical CDs...

Let me poke around about drop boxes first (probably too big for email, as just one of the songs, Throwback, is 27 MB at CD rates)

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #877 of 3,643

Not to get off topic, but you do know your privacy information is collected the moment you connect to the internet? Your ISP, website cookies, browser history, internet logs are all in plain sight unless if you use very deep data encryption, but even that may be accessible by the technology NSA has available. As for Google, everytime you go on google.com, they collect your browser data & logs of what you search for and link it with your ip address. Don't be surprised if yahoo, msn, every other major "free" email address provider does the same thing.

Anyways, I apologize for an off-topic post, but I just felt compelled to post this as a CS/IT guy!

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #878 of 3,643
Not to get off topic, but you do know your privacy information is collected the moment you connect to the internet? Your ISP, website cookies, browser history, internet logs are all in plain sight unless if you use very deep data encryption, but even that may be accessible by the technology NSA has available. As for Google, everytime you go on google.com, they collect your browser data & logs of what you search for and link it with your ip address. Don't be surprised if yahoo, msn, every other major "free" email address provider does the same thing.

Anyways, I apologize for an off-topic post, but I just felt compelled to post this as a CS/IT guy!

Not off topic for me at least, at all. Thanks!

I do know that everyone collects almost anything, but I have a perhaps petty conviction that Google is worse. They start asking for and collecting stuff at a lower level of service provision, and they do more with it than others. I even use Bing (Microsoft) rather than Google for searches.

Anyway, I'm exploring a dropbox solution.

May 1, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #879 of 3,643

True Dat...
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #881 of 3,643
Seeing that you have reviewed the bluedio r+ do you think the bludio UFO will be a good headset?

I cannot say. I did not try them. And the fact that I may like or not like one headphone of a Brand, does not mean that I would like/dislile all headphones of that Brand.
The R+ was not so good. There are much better options for the price.
The T one (turbine) was "better" than the R+ after some EQ, although the R+ was "better" or "less bad" without EQ. But when I tried to improve the R+ with EQ, they did not improve so much. So, at the end, the R would be better for who doesn't want to EQ, and the T for the others.
The T has got a really impressive bass for the price, and if you EQ them a bit, decreasing the low mids and upper bass to take away the muddiness, and adding some mids for more warmth and some mid and low bass, they are worth each single penny and even more.
While the R+ are for me not worth their price.

May 1, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #882 of 3,643
Seeing that you have reviewed the bluedio r+ do you think the bludio UFO will be a good headset?

I tried the Bluedio R+ and the Legends too. I returned both pair.. IMO, they are just bassy headphones. Plus, the biggee was that they advertised that they have aptx codec, and they don't..

Better headphones in that  price range that are much better..

Again, I wouldn't take the Bluedios if somebody gave them to me...

May 1, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #883 of 3,643

I tried the Bluedio R+ and the Legends too. I returned both pair.. IMO, they are just bassy headphones. Plus, the biggee was that they advertised that they have aptx codec, and they don't..

Better headphones in that  price range that are much better..

Again, I wouldn't take the Bluedios if somebody gave them to me...

The Legend are the R+. It is called R+ Legend and the only difference with the normal R+ is that the Legend has got a metallic color.
I agree with the bassiness (but low quality one) and muddiness too.
But as said, the T serie is nice. Very cheap, and with lot of potential if one just wants to traffic a bit with the EQ.
The fit and the build are, yes, also cheap.

May 1, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #884 of 3,643

The Legend are the R+. It is called R+ Legend and the only difference with the normal R+ is that the Legend has got a metallic color.
I agree with the bassiness (but low quality one) and muddiness too.
But as said, the T serie is nice. Very cheap, and with lot of potential if one just wants to traffic a bit with the EQ.
The fit and the build are, yes, also cheap.

Correct, and you know I am a biggee  on aptx.. Well, they had a whole thread on Bluedio not having aptx, but advertising that they do.. 

May 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #885 of 3,643
  Correct, and you know I am a biggee  on aptx.. Well, they had a whole thread on Bluedio not having aptx, but advertising that they do.. 

Yes, right. Although it would be possible to buy a programmer usb debug thing and put the Aptx inside of SOME of them (at the beginning they started just deprogramming the Aptx but leaving the chip, then they just changed the chip too. Maybe there is where the quality of the sound became worse, but I cannot swear).
I sincerely do not understand who on Earth Heaven Sea or Hell would ever possibly want to spend that money and that time to make those thing Aptx enhabled.
No way. Pay the license, Bluedio, and stop.

Edit. I may have been a bit emotional :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back