Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #841 of 3,643

Do you also notice a dark tone in the bass and low mids? Something which is not exaclty muddiness but which can be improved by decreasing low mids and upper bass with EQ?

There is a dark tone, consistent with many Sennheiser headphones, including the HD650s, which I also own. I don't EQ the headphones - just not something I've ever played with - but I do find the sound signature engaging with the majority of music. It is not an incisive and detailed listen, but it does track the beat of music well and manages to retain enough sparkle in the treble to be interesting. I would suggest there is a mild boost at the top of the treble frequencies, with a mild roll off below. That would explain the bit of spark, alongside the darker character. It is also clear that the mid bass is boosted, not the lower bass - presumably to give heft and thump. However, whatever has been done in tuning the midrange means that this is not an obvious V shaped sound.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #842 of 3,643
@AcademicBarzo, yes, I had noticed that they have more punch than rumble, that's why I suggested them for Techno but not for Dubstep.
I liked them quite a lot, I was really pleasantly surprised because all the Senny I had tried (MM400-X, MM550-X, PX200ii) are almost clinical cold.
The Urbanite have this warmth in the mids, very nice.
They were divine with Techno, but Paco de Lucia's "Dos Aguas" sounded just horrible.
I think they just did very well what they promised, "Club Sound".
Just, they must only go in Techno Clubs, no Dubstep :D
A bit more low bass and less upper bass, a bit more mid-highs/upper-mids and a bit less low-mids, and they would be almost perfect.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #843 of 3,643
Giogio i got your best bluetooth no2 the phillips M1BT i want to see how they sound..... my M2 wireless is still on preorder from amazon uk,I want to read your thoughts on the m2 wireless........... I was considering the backbeats pro but they look too bulky for my liking

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #844 of 3,643
I have a Sony MDR-ZX770BT and Sony SBH-60

Sony SBH-60 is juz a normal bluetooth headphone but with HDR voice, makes it a wonderful to talk to your friend on the phone via the bluetooth however the sound quality is just normal and not great

Sony MDR-ZX770BT shines on mids and lows (very good bass - a great news for basshead!) while the high, it could not shine enough. Its is great for everyday usage but not for actual listening since it does not have the function to be a passive headphone.

Connection for both are 10meters... :D so it's pretty standardized.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #845 of 3,643
  Giogio i got your best bluetooth no2 the phillips M1BT i want to see how they sound..... my M2 wireless is still on preorder from amazon uk,I want to read your thoughts on the m2 wireless........... I was considering the backbeats pro but they look too bulky for my liking

Hi, do you mean, the Momentum Wireless? On or Over Ear?

I take this occasion to make an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
to celebrate the 4 Months of this Thread, its 50000 views, the 2 years of breaking from my last important ex (did I already tell that I am romantic?) and the first part of the final exams of my studies, all of which happened in these last two weeks, as also the very nice new of an important job contact for after the studies, I will make a Comparison of the Greats, in the first half of May.
I will compare:
Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT
Philips Fidelio M2BT
Plantronics Backbeat Pro
Pendulumic Stance S1+
AKG K845BT
Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Wireless
Sennheiser Momentum On Ear Wireless

All in a side to side Comparison, with all headphones here and now.
So, stay tuned! And if you have special wishes, specific tests which you would like me to make with specific songs or whatever else, write it here and I will do my best.

Sony MDR-ZX770BT is great for everyday usage but not for actual listening since it does not have the function to be a passive headphone.

Are you sure?
I have just checked Sony's website and read this: Passive operation ensures headphones are usable even when battery is flat.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #846 of 3,643
  I will compare:
Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT
Philips Fidelio M2BT
Plantronics Backbeat Pro
Pendulumic Stance S1+
AKG K845BT
Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear Wireless
Sennheiser Momentum On Ear Wireless

All in a side to side Comparison, with all headphones here and now.

Is the Symphony 1 still very hard to get in Europe? If you can find a way to get it you should definitely add it to the list for comparison.  Shame if it misses out as it's up there with all the other ones you are comparing. How about the Sony 1RBT MKII or 1ABT. Believe the 1ABT is available in quite a few places now, though again not sure about Europe.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #847 of 3,643

Is the Symphony 1 still very hard to get in Europe? If you can find a way to get it you should definitely add it to the list for comparison.  Shame if it misses out as it's up there with all the other ones you are comparing. How about the Sony 1RBT MKII or 1ABT. Believe the 1ABT is available in quite a few places now, though again not sure about Europe.

I am not sure if the Symphony is available here already, but for my comparisons I am limited by the amount of money I can spend. That's why I also try to get test units from Companies (also because I do not always find used headphones, and it is a pity if I have to buy and give back a new unit).
So, I have almost 0 Euro in this moment :frowning2: Just enough to eat while I compare :D
I will try to do a second comparison with the missing ones. If and when, depends on if at least a part of them I can get them from the Producers.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #848 of 3,643
  Hi, do you mean, the Momentum Wireless? On or Over Ear?

I meant the Momentum over the ear wireless...i just got a second hand M1BT  from amazon it sounds very good i love the bass on them very good bass and sound, not a great range like you said but i dont care...i have since ordered the M2BT as they have the same sound but have NFC ....These second hand ones i will return to amazon..Great stuff

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #849 of 3,643
  I meant the Momentum over the ear wireless...i just got a second hand M1BT  from amazon it sounds very good i love the bass on them very good bass and sound, not a great range like you said but i dont care...i have since ordered the M2BT as they have the same sound but have NFC ....These second hand ones i will return to amazon..Great stuff

If you have the chance to keep the M1 till the M2 arrives it would be GRATLY appreciated if you could do a side to side comparison!
Beside the NFC and the Multipoint (which imo is more important than the NFC, i would not know when I should ever use the NFC, are you sure that you do not confuse it with ANC?), the M2BT has got a new DSp which supposedly should give it a better soundstage, and it also reaches the 7hz instead of the 17 of the M1, so it SHOULD have an even deeper bass.
I could not compare them side to side, but I did not notice any real difference, so I am very curious if you will notice anything...
:)

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #850 of 3,643

If you have the chance to keep the M1 till the M2 arrives it would be GRATLY appreciated if you could do a side to side comparison!
Beside the NFC and the Multipoint (which imo is more important than the NFC, i would not know when I should ever use the NFC, are you sure that you do not confuse it with ANC?), the M2BT has got a new DSp which supposedly should give it a better soundstage, and it also reaches the 7hz instead of the 17 of the M1, so it SHOULD have an even deeper bass.
I could not compare them side to side, but I did not notice any real difference, so I am very curious if you will notice anything...

Yeah it should be ok i will try and keep them till my M2BT arrive and i will compare the bass ..and soundstage

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #851 of 3,643
I think you got confused with ZX770BN (which comes with noise cancelling and input hole to be passive headphone)... :D ZX770BT (is minus the noise cancelling and ability to be passive headphone which is another reason for it to be USD$50 cheaper than its brother)

:D i would appreciate the input hole for it to be passive headphone since the retail price tag of USD$150 is not exactly cheap... but still it's pretty awesome headphone...

alot of ppl complain that the noise cancelling function is not powerful enough since it has some air vent near the ear pads unable to utilised the noise cancelling function to its maximum capacity... some of them cited that it only covers like 30-40% but it has a few noise cancelling mode which is interesting...

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #852 of 3,643
  I think you got confused with ZX770BN (which comes with noise cancelling and input hole to be passive headphone)... :D ZX770BT (is minus the noise cancelling and ability to be passive headphone which is another reason for it to be USD$50 cheaper than its brother)

:D i would appreciate the input hole for it to be passive headphone since the retail price tag of USD$150 is not exactly cheap... but still it's pretty awesome headphone...

alot of ppl complain that the noise cancelling function is not powerful enough since it has some air vent near the ear pads unable to utilised the noise cancelling function to its maximum capacity... some of them cited that it only covers like 30-40% but it has a few noise cancelling mode which is interesting...

I didn't. Did you click on the words "Sony's Website" in my other comment? It's the link to the product page for your headphone (bt, not bn).
You can see, they write "passive mode ensures...."
If somebody got confused it's them :D
I believe you that there is no hole, but, they write that, so I have asked.

Now, when you talk of ANC and of 30/40%, do you talk of the bn or of the bt? You were talking of the bt and then suddenly aou talk of ANC, so I do not understand.
Or do you mean the passive noise isolation of the bt model?

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #853 of 3,643
  I didn't. Did you click on the words "Sony's Website" in my other comment? It's the link to the product page for your headphone (bt, not bn).
You can see, they write "passive mode ensures...."
If somebody got confused it's them :D
I believe you that there is no hole, but, they write that, so I have asked.

Now, when you talk of ANC and of 30/40%, do you talk of the bn or of the bt? You were talking of the bt and then suddenly aou talk of ANC, so I do not understand.
Or do you mean the passive noise isolation of the bt model?

i guess they are wrong.. or they were talking about ZX770BN

ops... ANC is about ZX770BN since ZX770BT does not have ANC to gain longer battery life...

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #854 of 3,643
  I have no idea why the quote did not work, but it is ok so.
I just wanted to say that I am happy that you like the Fidelio as much as I did :)
Yes, their bass is just magic.
And their overall sound is also very good.
You did the right choice!
And now you made me feel the wish of trying the Koss BT540i

About your measurements, first of all, it is great that you did it. But, can you explain how should we read them?
I did not understand the results.

I'm glad that Koss BT540i are Over-ears and I wanted to have on-ears cuz choice would be probably even harder [;

Annoying parts of Fidello are bright and recurring LED lights and some strange effect that wasn't mentioned earlier. When I'm pausing music on my iPhone: music stops and then I hear ~0.5sec of music that was in buffer. Sometimes it occures on play: there's shift over buffer, so 0.5sec is skipped. When I listen music from my Mac this doesn't occur. It isn't deal breaker but is smh strange. I confirmed that on 2 paris of cans. But overall I'm very pleased with this purchase.

In short 1st graph is RSSI strength http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_signal_strength_indication which shows how strong signal is. Interpretation of graph: Philips have higher signal strength within same distance from signal source. 2nd graph is data confirmed by receiver, so assuming that there's constant bitrate of song it should be straight line. I was moving away and forward to signal source and measured when signal drops occurred (downs in this graph means drop in music). I was able to have ~2x distance on Philips than on BeoPlay. Additionally Philips would perform better on higher bitrate music (drops will occur even earlier on BeoPlays). To have lab-like results i would need to perform this test in parallel and with measuring distances and marking those distances on graphs. If sb is interested in measuring range of BT devices (or I didn't explain easy enough) - please let me know (-;

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #855 of 3,643

My Koss have (on paper) 18Hz and I could notice the difference between them and M2BT in *some* songs. So there's smh there, but I couldn't tell if it's really 7Hz (frankly I doubt it) cuz I don't have proper equipment to measure it [;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back