HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
May 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #31 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
No worries, my collection is rife with budget-fi as well.  Honestly, as Frank pointed out, a lot of it is just sharing gear (of all kinds) and experience.  At the end of the day, we all just love music, and want to enjoy it as best we can right?

Excellent. Haven't been to a headphone meetup yet. Is there generally a good way of keeping things sanitary people like to do such as bringing a bottle of alcohol? I don't mind people trying out my VSonics, but don't want to come home with their earwax.

At the last meet, I had a pump bottle of hand sanitizer for anyone who wanted to partake.  Not many did though. 

I would say that we should all chill-out on the haircare products, and resist the urge to put on too much cologne.  Trust me y'all, there's absolutely no need.  If you've been to a meet before, you know that there is a 0% chance you're gonna meet a girl there (even if there have been girls there).  And no lotion on the hands please. 
smile.gif

Also, please remember to wash your hands after that monster burger/burrito you just had for lunch.  Not naming names - because I don't know who you are - but you know who you are. 
wink.gif

As for IEMs, I had thought about bringing a bulk bag of some generic tips... but seeing as how tips do matter, it'd be pretty useless to do that.  I guess alcohol (or hydrogen peroxide) might be good for that.  But oh what a chore right?

Quote:
Hairnets are a must!
wink.gif

Haha, hadn't thought of that.

May 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #32 of 645
Quote:
Also, please remember to wash your hands after that monster burger/burrito you just had for lunch.  Not naming names - because I don't know who you are - but you know who you are. 
wink.gif

I know who I am. I'll make sure to wash my hands... after I consume that monster burger right in front of your headphones. 
tongue.gif

Just kidding...

Was it you or hifiguy that brought all those headphones to the table in the back last time? There were so many (and without any nametag!) that I couldn't figure out which one was whose.

May 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #33 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

I know who I am. I'll make sure to wash my hands... after I consume that monster burger right in front of your headphones. 
tongue.gif

Just kidding...

Haha, lol definitely wasn't you. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Was it you or hifiguy that brought all those headphones to the table in the back last time? There were so many (and without any nametag!) that I couldn't figure out which one was whose.

In the back next to Aamefford? With the HE-5LE, D600, D5000 (Lawton) and stuff right?  That would be oblique63.  There was a name tag, but it quickly got brushed to the side as all those cans turned it into a free-for-all. 
smile.gif

May 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #34 of 645
Oh... alright. Yeah, I was wondering whose headphone collection those were. His name tag wasn't knocked off in one of my photos, but the headphones were littered on the table as if they didn't belong to him. If I get to see him again this summer, I'd like to thank him for the chance to demo all of those.

On a side note, I'm getting a bit overzealous with modding the W1000X... that I suspect by the time you get to listen to them, they'd sound completely different from stock.

May 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #35 of 645
I still have that little map sheet that says where everyone is supposed to be and what they were bringing.  I think the big surprise for oblique is that he brought a LOT more than what he said he'd bring.  His end of the table was like Jaben vomited... all kinds of goodies! 
smile.gif

No worries, I have to accept that there are going to be certain units where my definitive understanding of them is WAAYYYY skewed.  That T5p for example... the first time I hear a stock unit, Ima be What happened to the bass?!?!
blink.gif

May 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #36 of 645
I can bring a box of those disinfectant wipes (individually packaged) so you can wipe down headphones, hands, etc. and keep things clean.

May 17, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #38 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No worries, my collection is rife with budget-fi as well.  Honestly, as Frank pointed out, a lot of it is just sharing gear (of all kinds) and experience.  At the end of the day, we all just love music, and want to enjoy it as best we can right?

Excellent. Haven't been to a headphone meetup yet. Is there generally a good way of keeping things sanitary people like to do such as bringing a bottle of alcohol? I don't mind people trying out my VSonics, but don't want to come home with their earwax.

At the last meet, I had a pump bottle of hand sanitizer for anyone who wanted to partake.  Not many did though. 

I would say that we should all chill-out on the haircare products, and resist the urge to put on too much cologne.  Trust me y'all, there's absolutely no need.  If you've been to a meet before, you know that there is a 0% chance you're gonna meet a girl there (even if there have been girls there).  And no lotion on the hands please. 
smile.gif

wink.gif

As for IEMs, I had thought about bringing a bulk bag of some generic tips... but seeing as how tips do matter, it'd be pretty useless to do that.  I guess alcohol (or hydrogen peroxide) might be good for that.  But oh what a chore right?

Quote:
Hairnets are a must!
wink.gif

Haha, hadn't thought of that.

You had hand sanitizer? Did not see LOL. I didn't use your headphones though.

May 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #39 of 645
Quote:
I can bring a box of those disinfectant wipes (individually packaged) so you can wipe down headphones, hands, etc. and keep things clean.

Hey, that'd be great!  I'll try to bring one as well so that they can double as wet naps after lunch.

Quote:
Darn!!   
frown.gif
   I'll be camping with family that weekend...good luck and I'll get this into my sig!

CEE TEE, I might have missed this but, have you always been with UE?  Why do I feel like I'm just now finding this out?

Quote:

LOL, it was right next to you the whole time!  I'm surprised people didn't continually knock it over reaching for you K67...
biggrin.gif
  BTW, will you be able to stay the whole day this time?  After lunch, everyone got in a better mood and things got funny.  Not like weird funny, but like ha ha funny.

May 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #40 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, it was right next to you the whole time!  I'm surprised people didn't continually knock it over reaching for you K67...
biggrin.gif
  BTW, will you be able to stay the whole day this time?  After lunch, everyone got in a better mood and things got funny.  Not like weird funny, but like ha ha funny.

Pretty sure I'll be able to stay the whole time. I sure hope so:D Thank God that K167 is gone, it was absolutely awful.

May 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #41 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Pretty sure I'll be able to stay the whole time. I sure hope so:D Thank God that K167 is gone, it was absolutely awful.

Oops, K167 I mean. 
redface.gif
  BTW, something funny about that...  [almost] everyone in our room knew that you were selling it.  But no one wanted to say anything as to invite an offer.  Absolutely no offense meant, but I thought that was pretty darn hilarious.

May 18, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #42 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Oops, K167 I mean. 
redface.gif
  BTW, something funny about that...  [almost] everyone in our room knew that you were selling it.  But no one wanted to say anything as to invite an offer.  Absolutely no offense meant, but I thought that was pretty darn hilarious.

eek.gif
 Haha. Thats awesome, how did everyone know?:D

May 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #43 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

Oops, K167 I mean. 
redface.gif

eek.gif

LOL, I told them. 
biggrin.gif
  I noticed that you were selling them, a few days before the meet, so I just thought that I'd try and help out by letting everyone know.  Didn't work out as well as I had hoped...
frown.gif
.  Sorry about that.

May 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #44 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oops, K167 I mean. 
redface.gif

eek.gif

LOL, I told them. 
biggrin.gif
  I noticed that you were selling them, a few days before the meet, so I just thought that I'd try and help out by letting everyone know.  Didn't work out as well as I had hoped...
frown.gif
.  Sorry about that.

tongue.gif
size]

May 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #45 of 645
Quote:

What are you bringing this time?  Since it's gonna be right around my birthday, and I hope to treat myself to a K712, I might bring that (along with a few other items).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back