HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 645
Quote:
I would love to attend however I won't be able to bring anything though (if that is okay) because I don't own a car and I will have to travel there by BART and then catch a shuttle bus. It would be great to see people and their equipment. Also, I am going to be in Amsterdam on 14 August so I've been saving my money.

If you don't end up getting a ride from someone, let me know. I may be able to accomodate (have a CR-V with some decent trunk space). I might bring my First Watt F1J + HE-6s and maybe the ecp L-2 + TH900s. Not sure if I want to drag my DAC (PWD Mk II) but there's plenty of DACs and sources out there that are more than welcome to plug in... We'll see what happens the closer we get to August.

May 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #18 of 645
Quote:

If you don't end up getting a ride from someone, let me know. I may be able to accomodate (have a CR-V with some decent trunk space). I might bring my First Watt F1J + HE-6s and maybe the ecp L-2 + TH900s. Not sure if I want to drag my DAC (PWD Mk II) but there's plenty of DACs and sources out there that are more than welcome to plug in... We'll see what happens the closer we get to August.

Thanks for the offer; that is very kind of you. If that happens perhaps I can bring along Glenn's OTL headphone amp like I did at the 2011 Meet. Or the rare and discontinued Woo Audio 4 (WA4) which I really love and no one has ever heard (that I know of). We shall see....

May 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 645
Quote:
Subscribed as well. Thanks for helping with this, Frank!

The last meet was awesome, and I felt bad for not being able to contribute much to it, so I'm bringing more this time.

Gears that I'll bring to this meet include:

Audio Technica ATH-ES10 w/ ESW9 ear pads
Audio Technica ATH-W1000X w/ padded L3000 ear pads and Purrin's mod
Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Mk.II w/ OPA209

May bring along for the curious:
Audio Technica ATH-ES55
Pioneer SE-50

Oops... change of plans. I may not bring the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II after all. Looking to replace it with a more capable amp.

But I may bring a vintage Sansui 331 receiver if I can lug it that far...

Edit: modded the W1000X to work well with the UHA-6S Mk.II, so I guess there's really no reason for me to not keep the UHA-6S Mk.II.

So UHA-6S Mk.II is still on the list. But I'm bringing a pair of OPA627 along for the folks who wanna hear the refinements.

May 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #20 of 645
Dagogo asked me to ask what could we do to get more folks interested in attending the meet on 8/10.2013 at thew Westin. Please let me know what I can do to help make this meet a success. I will relay it all to Constantine Soo to try and makes this a very successful event.  For this meet to get off the ground I was hoping for 75-100 people to attend.

May 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #21 of 645
Well, short of spamming the PM inboxes of people we know you mean? 
biggrin.gif

I've found that putting a link to meet threads in our signatures is generally a good idea.  That link could potentially be seen by everyone who looks at our posts, all the way back to the dawn of time.  It wouldn't hurt. 
smile.gif

May 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #23 of 645
Welcome!  Oh, here are a couple more...

I know Jude publishes advance notice of meets on the home page from time to time.  Maybe contact him and ask him if he'd help?

And purrin set up the last bay area meet I went to back in February.  He could probably contact a few people to help get the word out.  Maybe PM him as well?

May 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #26 of 645
I'm in the South Bay and am potentially interested. Most of my equipment is in the $100-$200 range. Getting a VSonic GR07 MKII and/or BE. Have a FiiO E17. I also have some speakers (Swan M200 MKIII and AudioEngine A5+) but if I go I'll likely take BART/Muni so probably can't bring the speakers.

May 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #27 of 645
Quote:
I'm in the South Bay and am potentially interested. Most of my equipment is in the $100-$200 range. Getting a VSonic GR07 MKII and/or BE. Have a FiiO E17. I also have some speakers (Swan M200 MKIII and AudioEngine A5+) but if I go I'll likely take BART/Muni so probably can't bring the speakers.

Thanks techtonic. i will add you to the list

May 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #28 of 645
Quote:

No worries, my collection is rife with budget-fi as well.  Honestly, as Frank pointed out, a lot of it is just sharing gear (of all kinds) and experience.  At the end of the day, we all just love music, and want to enjoy it as best we can right?

May 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #29 of 645
Quote:

No worries, my collection is rife with budget-fi as well.  Honestly, as Frank pointed out, a lot of it is just sharing gear (of all kinds) and experience.  At the end of the day, we all just love music, and want to enjoy it as best we can right?

Excellent. Haven't been to a headphone meetup yet. Is there generally a good way of keeping things sanitary people like to do such as bringing a bottle of alcohol? I don't mind people trying out my VSonics, but don't want to come home with their earwax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back