Grado SR225
Jan 31, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #92 of 99
it's the theory of headphone relativity again.

go from the sony v6 to the ety er6 = hey! where's the bass!?

go from the ety er6 to the sony v6 = hey! where's the detail and control?!

etc.

Jan 31, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #93 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
You are right on with the former statement.

Let this be a lesson to you to not jump to conclusions and criticize things without being careful, 'k? Else you'll start flame-attracting threads like this one.

Jan 31, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #94 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx
Let this be a lesson to you to not jump to conclusions and criticize things without being careful, 'k? Else you'll start flame-attracting threads like this one.

Thanks for the good advice.

Jan 31, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #95 of 99
Quote:

I don't care about the laid back nature of the Senn. I was just making the statement that for such a in your face phone like the Grado I found them strangely laid back. That is all I'm saying.
rolleyes.gif

Did you have the volume up?
wink.gif

I just can't imagine how you could think they are laid back. These are the most alive set of cans I ever had on. And I do have a few.

Jan 31, 2003 at 3:41 AM Post #97 of 99
Quote:

Ok I don't understand what is happening but I am listening to the SR 225 right now for the last time before I ship them of to their buyer. And everything sounds in sink. The mids are no longer recessed. The highs are not unbearbly bright. In fact there on the warm side now. Am I mental or crazy. Last night I was gracious to get rid of these and now I want to keep them. Perhaps they were not as burned in as I thought they were. I don't know. I sure can't explain this.
redface.gif

The burn in is definitely a big factor with them at least it was with my 225's and 325's I just love them for rock and metal. I do prefer some of my other cans for other types of music but for rock there is nothing else for me.

Jan 31, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #98 of 99
Yeah, another confirmation of a theory of mine(and many others, I'm sure). Whenever you listen to a headphone for an extended period of time, you get used to its sound, and it becomes a reference point. You've gotten used to the grados. For me, the grados sound horribly shrill coming from the sennheiser sound.

I'd guess that if I listened to grados exclusively for a while, my ears would adjust, and I'd compare the sennheisers to the grados.

Jan 31, 2003 at 7:35 AM Post #99 of 99
I think it would be harder to go back from the Grados to the Senns... not because the Grados are higher quality, but because you might have gotten a few high frequency hair cells killed by the Grado treble so you can't go back to less bright phones...
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back