Grado SR225
Jan 28, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #61 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I have got the chance to try these phones off of four or five different setups. Good setups. Don't ask me what kind. I am not in the mood to list them all. Mmmmk.

Anyway, this is my impressions. Bright, thin, annyoing. But lots of detail. So thats one good thing and three bad. Not a very good track record. Headroom talks about how these cans have mind blowing inpact. If anything I found them too be laid back
frown.gif
So much so I almost fell asleep with them on my head. I wasn't even tired. Am I alone here?

I don't think Grado are for me.

You must have ****ty equipment. The 225 is a great headphone.

Jan 28, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #63 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
You must have ****ty equipment. The 225 is a great headphone.

Now that you mention it you are probably right. But then again my 770 pro sounded great with my current system.

Jan 28, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #68 of 99
i know that the grado's have very good impact all around from it's bass to it's sweet midrange

however if you were to compare it to your 770's, i think it may lack the subwoofer style seperation that closed cans can bring...

I know my mdr-v6's and my denon ahd-950's do sound like my dad's hgs 18 velodyne sub, but it the thing is this, the bass sound isn't exaggerated, but separate not quite as transparent as with the grado's i'd say...

could that be one of the reasons why you would think that?

and btw-- were the can's broken in?

Jan 28, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #74 of 99
Well I don't know what to tell you guys except that I find the Grado lacking in the mid range and I guess I am starting to sound like a broken record but I don't know what else to contribute to the thread. My Grado's are no longer mine. On to the Sennheiser HD 600.

Jan 28, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #75 of 99
Just curious, Matthew, but you may have been used to listening to headphones that actually overboost the midrange, in particular the lower midrange...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back