Grado e Series
Jun 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #5,193 of 6,729
I don't think the HF output on the GS1e will suit my needs (test link in sig). Whats a good price for a new RS1i? The best I've found so far is $595.

Try Overture Audio Ann Arbor, MI. They were and perhaps still are offering 25% off of Grado -I products, and if they still have an RS1i, that would make it $525. 734 662 1812. Closed Monday, so try after 11:00 am Tuesday.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #5,194 of 6,729

Maybe it is the blue headband it comes with.  The iGrado was black or white, and indeed the Grado site said it used the same drivers as the SR60i.

Oh and @stacker45 and his funeral home director, he might want a copy of the sign I wear any time I have my headphones on:

I want to see a pictrue, John!.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #5,195 of 6,729
Jun 28, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #5,202 of 6,729
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grado-Labs-RS1e-Headphones-The-Reference-Series-NEW-/171839934773?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2802755135

Hmm, I see this seller is not an authorized Grado dealer/Audio store and has other (e) series models at discount prices.
I would e-mail Grado and ask them if the HP's are under warranty being they are NIB (New In Box)…they still may be.
Have you read the consensus here on the Grado Fan Club/Grado e Series Threads about the RS1e???
If not, just too let you know, the RS1e is the least desirable sounding Grado…the RS2e is very much liked around here as well as the 325e. Please know that I have never heard either. I would do some reading on the thread I mentioned above about RS1e and also contact Grado before pulling the trigger! This seller also doesn't accept returns, so if you don't like the RS1e, good luck selling them. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #5,203 of 6,729
  Hmm, I see this seller is not an authorized Grado dealer/Audio store and has other (e) series models at discount prices.
I would e-mail Grado and ask them if the HP's are under warranty being they are NIB (New In Box)…they still may be.
Have you read the consensus here on the Grado Fan Club/Grado e Series Threads about the RS1e???
If not, just too let you know, the RS1e is the least desirable sounding Grado…the RS2e is very much liked around here as well as the 325e. Please know that I have never heard either. I would do some reading on the thread I mentioned above about RS1e and also contact Grado before pulling the trigger! This seller also doesn't accept returns, so if you don't like the RS1e, good luck selling them. 

Cool, thanks for your help in this.  Ya I have read a bit about the Rs1e around here.  Seems to have many mixed opinions about the sound quality.  I haven't heard them either.

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #5,204 of 6,729
  Cool, thanks for your help in this.  Ya I have read a bit about the Rs1e around here.  Seems to have many mixed opinions about the sound quality.  I haven't heard them either.

Your very welcome…just don't want too see you buy a HP you won't like/can't return.
From what I understand, you can't go wrong with the RS2e, and you can buy then "NEW" from an authorized Grado dealer for $495.00U.S.

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #5,205 of 6,729
The new eGrado uses SR60e drivers ?

Yes, I believe so. You can see the red paint through the grille. 

Egrado's sound pretty good. Very narrow soundstage, a pleasantly bright sound but pretty decent hard hitting bass, esp. for grado's.

Add to that, these are extremely efficient headphones.

The sound is a little grainy and unrefined to my ears. Fantastic budget headphones, however. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back