Grado e Series
Jun 26, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #5,176 of 6,729

Hi Jay,

Around where on the volume pot do you listen to on your LD i+?
I just checked and my LD i+ came with J3 and J4 capped. So I take it that means it's on Low Gain. However, from my Fiio X1 Line Out, I can't go past 10 without it being way too loud for me (I think it's actually on either 8 or 6 for me).

Is that really low or is that normal for everybody?
I mean... the 10 on LD i+ is like super low, real close to zero.

i actually don't remember what setting i used most, it's been a while since i had the LD, and i had only grado's i believe when i had it
my advice would be experiment, see what you like

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #5,178 of 6,729
i actually don't remember what setting i used most, it's been a while since i had the LD, and i had only grado's i believe when i had it
my advice would be experiment, see what you like

Thanks Jay. Plugging in my dt880 to them after being left unused for months...

That's the thing though, out of 0 to 90, 10 is real low but already too loud for me.

I think i'm going to plug them to my PC instead, so I can set the windows volume at 50% or something so i could get the volumr pot to 9 o'clock-ish.

This Little Dot amp gets louder than Magni 2 Uber at 7 o'clock for my 32 ohm headphones...

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #5,179 of 6,729
Thanks Jay. Plugging in my dt880 to them after being left unused for months...

That's the thing though, out of 0 to 90, 10 is real low but already too loud for me.

I think i'm going to plug them to my PC instead, so I can set the windows volume at 50% or something so i could get the volumr pot to 9 o'clock-ish.

This Little Dot amp gets louder than Magni 2 Uber at 7 o'clock for my 32 ohm headphones...

At first I thought that one of my LD 1+ was more powerful than the other, then I noticed that the ''least'' powerful one's volume knob was starting from 10, instead of 0.

Just saying...carry on!.
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #5,180 of 6,729
I wear my Grado 80e on the beach when I walk everyday for exercise. You would not believe the looks I get with people smirking and/or laughing at me. I could care less but it is annoying. I am sure if I was wearing Beats they would be in awe. LOL. I swear you would think I looked like the guy in the picture that says "IF THEY SOUND GREAT, I COULDN'T CARE LESS HOW THEY LOOK" Am I the only person that experiences this?

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #5,181 of 6,729
  I wear my Grado 80e on the beach when I walk everyday for exercise. You would not believe the looks I get with people smirking and/or laughing at me. I could care less but it is annoying. I am sure if I was wearing Beats they would be in awe. LOL. I swear you would think I looked like the guy in the picture that says "IF THEY SOUND GREAT, I COULDN'T CARE LESS HOW THEY LOOK" Am I the only person that experiences this?

As a matter of fact, something similar happened to me yesterday, only they didn't laugh, they started wispering among themselves, then they started pointing at me, and gave me these looks of disdain, and believe it or not, one of them even had the nerve to come to me and say, ''sir, take off your headphones now, or i'll have to ask you to leave''. The only reason why I took them off, was because he was the director of the funeral home.

Seriously though, a few days ago, I was stopped at a red light, and a guy crossing the street was wearing a pair of old school SR60 or 80, and I thought to myself, ''there goes a connoisseur''.

What I'm trying to say is that, for every retards that laugh at you, there may be another person that's silently thinking to himself, ''there goes...well, you know.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #5,183 of 6,729
Honestly I envy you guy. With all the traffic noises, smokes and dusts in Hanoi, I'd never take my Grados onto the street. The GR10 was the only thing that I could wear when I'm out on a train/car, but looking back I hate its sound sig.

Jun 27, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #5,186 of 6,729
  Good one stacker45!  You had me goin' in the funeral home. I appreciate your logic about onlookers. Well put.

Thanks, I aim to please, I guess I do my best work when I'm on the meds!
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #5,187 of 6,729
Jun 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #5,188 of 6,729
The new eGrado uses SR60e drivers ?

Probably. The US Grado website quote it has the SR60 driver. http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones/prestige-series/item/41-egrado

That review I posted was from long before the e-series.

The UK Grado website still list the iGrado, and quote it uses the SR60. http://grado.co.uk/headphones/prestige/igrado

If someone chirps up and states they own the eGrado and can see red drivers, we know. Maybe it will be me buys them. Either way I would be happy with Sr60, i, or e drivers. I believe the What Hi-Fi review that they know Grado bumped up from the SR60 driver, for the iGrado. For one I can not see Grado still stocking and manufacturing zillions of old SR60 drivers. Most likely they now use e-drivers.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #5,189 of 6,729
Thanks I used to have the original iGrado, now have the 80e which I love and find a great improvement over older SR80i. The eGrado may turn out to be a great portable but doesn't seem to have stirred much interest yet.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #5,190 of 6,729
Thanks I used to have the original iGrado, now have the 80e which I love and find a great improvement over older SR80i. The eGrado may turn out to be a great portable but doesn't seem to have stirred much interest yet.

Maybe it is the blue headband it comes with.  The iGrado was black or white, and indeed the Grado site said it used the same drivers as the SR60i.

Oh and @stacker45 and his funeral home director, he might want a copy of the sign I wear any time I have my headphones on:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back