First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Feb 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #256 of 309
CNY is over, and there is still no new information on the T59. Hopefully it will not be discontinued.

Somewhere in the imp3 forum I read, that the X29 could come soon, but this is a really vague information :frowning2:

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #257 of 309

Quote:
CNY is over, and there is still no new information on the T59. Hopefully it will not be discontinued.

Somewhere in the imp3 forum I read, that the X29 could come soon, but this is a really vague information :frowning2:

Please inform us when the X29 is released, I had the Idea that it was canned 
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #259 of 309
I do remember reading the Teclast article on their push for "HIFI" models, starting with the X19HD, then the X29, and culminating in the T59. Maybe they know the international expectation they're under? Despite the realities of the one-upmanship (apparently) in the Chinese Market. Perhaps they know they have a good thing with the T51, and are doing a careful job by testing better products slowly, starting with the X19HD (the bass amplification seems a big step up from the X19 and X19+, design wise). Perhaps they're refining more things at the mid-level with the X29 soon, in preperation for dethroning their T51, and I'm sure there's pressure they're feeling from HiFiMAN and now iBasso...

Just some thoughts, since Teclast, despite the slow UI of the T51, have been generally lauded for the audio perormance achievements of the "HIFI" T51...

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #260 of 309

Quote:
I do remember reading the Teclast article on their push for "HIFI" models, starting with the X19HD, then the X29, and culminating in the T59. Maybe they know the international expectation they're under? Despite the realities of the one-upmanship (apparently) in the Chinese Market. Perhaps they know they have a good thing with the T51, and are doing a careful job by testing better products slowly, starting with the X19HD (the bass amplification seems a big step up from the X19 and X19+, design wise). Perhaps they're refining more things at the mid-level with the X29 soon, in preperation for dethroning their T51, and I'm sure there's pressure they're feeling from HiFiMAN and now iBasso...

Just some thoughts, since Teclast, despite the slow UI of the T51, have been generally lauded for the audio perormance achievements of the "HIFI" T51...

Could be, but Teclast is releasing the x-th tablet. To me it seems, that Teclast is working mainly on the devices that are popular right now. I hope it will be released someday...

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #261 of 309
Me too... Very much, actually. Or maybe at least a Firmware update for the T51 in the meantime??? LOL! one that is quicker, and sorts files correctly, ah that would be so welcome, but alas I don't wish to derail the thread. Hopefully the churning of popular and profitable products will fuel their "HIFI" ambitions. It did, after all, take awhile even for the X19HD to come out after it was announced, isn't that right? We all know HIFI device development takes a long time...

As a sidebar, I didn't get an X19HD yet to play with (too many microSDHC cards) so I ordered an X30. Now I doubt it will be anywhere near "HIFI" I'm curious how it will stack up to a sansa. It does have that nice metal frame and card slot. It would be nice if the upcoming X29 had a similar look to the CUBE C60 or X30 but with quality amplification like the X19HD, and a TF/uSDHC card slot...

Maybe Teclast can slap the DAC/Amp section of the T51 into an Android Tablet??? LOL but tap the I2S outputs from the WM8740's, then Watch Out iPad/Camera Kit! LOL

Feb 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #262 of 309

Quote:
Me too... Very much, actually. Or maybe at least a Firmware update for the T51 in the meantime??? LOL! one that is quicker, and sorts files correctly, ah that would be so welcome, but alas I don't wish to derail the thread. Hopefully the churning of popular and profitable products will fuel their "HIFI" ambitions. It did, after all, take awhile even for the X19HD to come out after it was announced, isn't that right? We all know HIFI device development takes a long time...

As a sidebar, I didn't get an X19HD yet to play with (too many microSDHC cards) so I ordered an X30. Now I doubt it will be anywhere near "HIFI" I'm curious how it will stack up to a sansa. It does have that nice metal frame and card slot. It would be nice if the upcoming X29 had a similar look to the CUBE C60 or X30 but with quality amplification like the X19HD, and a TF/uSDHC card slot...

Maybe Teclast can slap the DAC/Amp section of the T51 into an Android Tablet??? LOL but tap the I2S outputs from the WM8740's, then Watch Out iPad/Camera Kit! LOL

It is quite interesting, why the X19HD and the Cube C60 both have no SD-Card slot. Teclast is not the only one who makes such mistakes, Cowon does it with the iAudio 10. The X30 looks nice, I wanted to try it too, but decided to wait for the X29 or T59... well still waiting :)

Hmm, Rockbox for the T51 would be a WIN, but do not think this will ever happen.

BTW, some guy pulled out i2s from the colorfly CK4 http://multidac.blogspot.com/2012/01/colorfly-ck4i2s.html

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #263 of 309
I was looking for a teclast products and realised that there were too many of the products in the market.. can someone, if they don't mind, tell me order by date the release of their products?
 I see x21 , x25 , x30 etc.. but finding it hard find some info on them like how old they are?, what are exact features..  

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #264 of 309

Quote:

A new T51 firmware was ready to go, but yanked.
Teclast had other dramas: they released firmware ver. 5.xx for the little player X19; it sounded worse than ver. 4, and other problems occurred. Customers were quite mad. To their credit, they were quick to fix some problems of  firmware ver. 5xx. I think they did't want more troubles, if T51 new firmware was also not up to certain standard. (It happened not long before T51 new firmware was announced.)

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #265 of 309

Quote:

A new T51 firmware was ready to go, but yanked.
Teclast had other dramas: they released firmware ver. 5.xx for the little player X19; it sounded worse than ver. 4, and other problems occurred. Customers were quite mad. To their credit, they were quick to fix some problems of  firmware ver. 5xx. I think they did't want more troubles, if T51 new firmware was also not up to certain standard. (It happened not long before T51 new firmware was announced.)

Well, that is actually a good sign. They're getting interested in quality control, the reputation of their top flight products, and testing out firmware releases on more minor products, and yanking them if they are inferior, cause problems, or are poorly recieved. There is hope for a better firmware in the T51's future if my hunch is right. Like I speculated earlier, It makes sense for them to "test out" their new HIFI philosophy on the X19HD, refine and add features & firmware for the X29, then probably a T51 firmware release or two while theyre ironing out the upcoming T59. It's logical. What does everybody else think?

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #266 of 309

Quote:
I was looking for a teclast products and realised that there were too many of the products in the market.. can someone, if they don't mind, tell me order by date the release of their products?
 I see x21 , x25 , x30 etc.. but finding it hard find some info on them like how old they are?, what are exact features..  

Hi vinay,

I have a T51 (actually the MP4Nation customized high memory capacity version with 16GB of Flash Memory, called the s:flo2), have had it since the first batch of s:flo2... it is working like a champ!,

There was I believe the T50, T50+, T51 (aka s:flo2), and eventually T59 (in the future) for the T Series.
I'm not too sure about the X Series, but there's the X19, the X19+, and now in the new "concept" HIFI series, the X19HD... also the X30 (which I have on order, and it should be arriving in May, I'll review it. I needed something Fuze-ish with an TF/uSDHC card slot, and a more durable housing, the X30 is metal.).

I don't want to speak for anybody, but I believe RAFA is fairly familiar with Teclast's product lineup, correct me if I'm wrong on that RAFA and I hope I haven't spoken out of turn.

There's also their 4" and 5" screen PMP series players, Android Tablets, and good old fashioned MP3 players other than the ones I mentioned, but I've said all I am familiar with. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #267 of 309

Quote:
Hi vinay,

I have a T51 (actually the MP4Nation customized high memory capacity version with 16GB of Flash Memory, called the s:flo2), have had it since the first batch of s:flo2... it is working like a champ!,

There was I believe the T50, T50+, T51 (aka s:flo2), and eventually T59 (in the future) for the T Series.
I'm not too sure about the X Series, but there's the X19, the X19+, and now in the new "concept" HIFI series, the X19HD... also the X30 (which I have on order, and it should be arriving in May, I'll review it. I needed something Fuze-ish with an TF/uSDHC card slot, and a more durable housing, the X30 is metal.).

I don't want to speak for anybody, but I believe RAFA is fairly familiar with Teclast's product lineup, correct me if I'm wrong on that RAFA and I hope I haven't spoken out of turn.

There's also their 4" and 5" screen PMP series players, Android Tablets, and good old fashioned MP3 players other than the ones I mentioned, but I've said all I am familiar with. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

I appreciate if you inform me about your impression regarding the X30, where the hell is the X29?

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #268 of 309

Quote:
Hi vinay,

Thanks Flacvest...
So x30 queit new ... I was thinking of the getting the x30 or the ipod classic, since there is not much news of x29 for a long time...
 also i had touch phone i am very particular not carry another bulky piece and not a fan of iTunes which is why i am looking a x30 now.. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #269 of 309

Quote:

Thanks Flacvest...
So x30 queit new ... I was thinking of the getting the x30 or the ipod classic, since there is not much news of x29 for a long time...
 also i had touch phone i am very particular not carry another bulky piece and not a fan of iTunes which is why i am looking a x30 now.. 

Here's a Google Translated page of the X30 details from the Teclast site, it has a decent picture, it doesn't have the interesting hardware bass boost circuit of the X19HD, but just uses a "baby" Rockchip or RKnano ARM core SOC. But then, the Sansa's just use an ARM core too, with integrated peripherals. Just like the RKnano. It would be nice to see a datasheet but I haven't heard of anybody seeing one for that SOC yet.

Links for X30: Main Page / (Translated)  //  Description / (Translated)

The Main Page has plenty of images from all angles. I wish all PMP's / DAP's / etc had such nice clean lines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back