First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Nov 5, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #226 of 309

Quote:

I suggest you wait for the T59.

If you buy the J3 or T51, once the novelty has worn off you'll be wanting the T59 anyway.

Quote:

I have both J3 and T51, if you want coolness easier player cownon J3 is almost perfect with 50+ battery it gave me 60 hours after some charging its lighter its screen is amloed and well its perfect but what T51 with all its downs is its sound quality, compared to J3 I felt as if someone slapped me on the face when I listened to it for the first time and compared it to J3 , its so direct  you feel the purity (virginity) of the sound! the way it was recorded , J3 has all the BBE and viva and nice SQs to play with, But let me tell you , I stopped using my J3 and may put it for sale although I got it 2 month ago , thats how I feel, maybe I am  mistaken  relative to someone but this is my own opinion, take it or leave it......
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
I agree with others that the SQ on the T51 is absolutely gobsmacking, but you have to be able to live with the rest of it. Really hoping Teclast lift their game with the later models - that sound deserves a much wider audience. 

Quote:

Agreed. I would actually be fine carrying the T59 about if it's like a T51 with better firmware. I fear however that even with an input method that's easier to implement, they'll still be silly bugs which mean it doesn't become invisible as far as a front end goes. Really need to see more tech specs and things like that, and I hope the part of the reason for it being so big is because the battery is huge.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll save up for the T59. I'll be able to pre-order, when available.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #227 of 309

Quote:

more powerful does not necessarily mean better. i'm only looking at the output stage of the DAP only, which is max9723 in X19HD, and OPA2604 in T51. i believe in this case opa2604 is much better than max9723 (max9723 is doing everything in x19hd while opa2604 has specific purpose)

not to mention the DAC chip, i still can't figure out what the x19hd's dac chip and i'm guessing it's not wm8740 or something else within the same tier

*just my 2 cents. take it as a pinch of salt

actually i'm rather hoping that x19hd will use single wm8740 as it will consume less power and i don't believe dual wm8740s do any good in t51. heck, i bet people won't be able differentiate two versions of t51 if teclast were to release t51 with single wm8740 version. LOL

These max972xx chips are specially build for the purpose of more power to the HO. The OPA2604 is an opamp (I think) that could be used for other purposes than audio. Also the OPA2604 feeds the Line Out. SQ wise I do not know what is better?!...

The X19HD has no DAC IC, the max9723 is fed by the STMP processor I think, but go over to KITEKI's dedicated X19HD thread, there you can find more information.

Power-wise I do not think it is possible, to stuff non-portable ICs into the X19HD. (maybe yes but with a battery time of 3 minutes)

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #228 of 309

Quote:

These max972xx chips are specially build for the purpose of more power to the HO. The OPA2604 is an opamp (I think) that could be used for other purposes than audio. Also the OPA2604 feeds the Line Out. SQ wise I do not know what is better?!...

The X19HD has no DAC IC, the max9723 is fed by the STMP processor I think, but go over to KITEKI's dedicated X19HD thread, there you can find more information.

Power-wise I do not think it is possible, to stuff non-portable ICs into the X19HD. (maybe yes but with a battery time of 3 minutes)

that's what i meant in my previous post, max9723 is doing everything in X19HD, while OPA2604 in T51 has specific purpose

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #229 of 309

Quote:

Ergonomics? Teclast don't make office chairs and kitchen tables lol.....

If I bought a chair with comparable ergonomics, it would be supremely comfortable as long as I was willing to sit in an upright position at a 130-degree angle. 'Usability' just doesn't go far enough - DAP reviewers use 'ergonomics' all the time, as do folk who review cars, computers and virtually anything that doesn't involve putting something in your mouth or your arm through a sleeve.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #230 of 309
I think I have some serious news on the T59. It is from the Teclast bbs. I did not wanted to translate it with google, since it is not accurate enough. So please someone here who has some Chinese skills, please translate it for us :D

这样的机子比什么平板技术含量高几倍!如果不喜欢请转身离开。

金属外壳,
11.2X10.8X1.9 正负0.3
容量16G 32G

3.5寸,触摸电容屏,(摸上去肯定不会有电流声,个人觉得设计触摸屏,只是加剧研究时的难度,还不如直接黑白背光)
T59重量在225K左右。很有手感!
市场售价在2500左右。也可能破3K。(神级发烧器,绝对是我们难以想象的)
随产品附赠高级耳塞一条。数据不详,绝非R8这样的入耳!但可以明确和机子一样不单对外销售。
按照台电的老惯例,只有一根单USB线。充电器。坑爹的说明书,上面只告诉我们如何开机关机等。
采用全新的包装,和第一代T720-3GE有异曲同工的包装盒,但是凸显出专业性,可能为黑/红色包装,包装盒材质不详,(各位YY去吧)
限量发行,有唯一ID。
产量极低!!!!!!!!!!!!

固件不会在轻易被人病垢。

删去视频功能,电池容量在1890毫安时左右。

2月份首先是ZOL发出测评,3月份网评开始,4月中旬开始登陆各大卖场。 但由于产量极低,估计供货商手中的极少。一直少量出货。(高级元件,比较难采购,可能是有日本货。很可能是有富士康的滤波电容,军工产品 )

如果要有病垢,可能为机器重。

第一波的测评肯定需要有资深玩家参与,估计参评人数在25位左右。

年关左右,台电相关负责会再度放出关于T59的最新资料。

目前主要是对于固件的调整和改进,内部的结构应该已经确定。

也不排除有两种或者三种方案,目前在权衡最终版本。拉锯战。

参数胡乱猜的。
DAC CS4398。PCM1704? 个人认为后者更难做些。
采样率转换芯片CDB8422 CS8422?
运算放大器AD823.反正不可能在是OPA2604
会不会有什么T51的耳放?这东西有点不靠谱。

估计驱动和固件比较难写。高级元件采购的较少。

机器出生必然高端。

PCB不是蓝色,就是黑色。

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #231 of 309
I think that guy is just guessing mostly (from his tone).

I think I have some serious news on the T59. It is from the Teclast bbs. I did not wanted to translate it with google, since it is not accurate enough. So please someone here who has some Chinese skills, please translate it for us :D

这样的机子比什么平板技术含量高几倍!如果不喜欢请转身离开。

金属外壳,

11.2X10.8X1.9 正负0.3 Size

容量16G 32G capacity

3.5寸,触摸电容屏,(摸上去肯定不会有电流声,个人觉得设计触摸屏,只是加剧研究时的难度,还不如直接黑白背光)
3.5inches capacitative screen, no hissing when touched like T51

T59重量在225K左右。很有手感!
Weight 225g? It said K but it can't be 225kg for sure.

市场售价在2500左右。也可能破3K。(神级发烧器,绝对是我们难以想象的)
Price is 2500RMB = US$390, might even go over $450.

随产品附赠高级耳塞一条。数据不详,绝非R8这样的入耳!但可以明确和机子一样不单对外销售。
Come with a really good earphone, not R8 (which is the T51 earphone).

按照台电的老惯例,只有一根单USB线。充电器。坑爹的说明书,上面只告诉我们如何开机关机等。

采用全新的包装,和第一代T720-3GE有异曲同工的包装盒,但是凸显出专业性,可能为黑/红色包装,包装盒材质不详,(各位YY去吧)

限量发行,有唯一ID。
Limited release with individual ID

产量极低!!!!!!!!!!!!
Low production

固件不会在轻易被人病垢。
Decent firmware

删去视频功能,电池容量在1890毫安时左右。
Battery is around 1890mAh.

2月份首先是ZOL发出测评,3月份网评开始,4月中旬开始登陆各大卖场。 但由于产量极低,估计供货商手中的极少。一直少量出货。(高级元件,比较难采购,可能是有日本货。很可能是有富士康的滤波电容,军工产品 )
First review by Feb. from ZOL (a Chinese site). General review by March, market release by April. Low volume release as parts are hard to get.

如果要有病垢,可能为机器重。

第一波的测评肯定需要有资深玩家参与,估计参评人数在25位左右。
First wave of reviewer will include 25 experienced reviewer or so.

年关左右,台电相关负责会再度放出关于T59的最新资料。
T59 detail spec will be release by end of year / early next.

目前主要是对于固件的调整和改进,内部的结构应该已经确定。

也不排除有两种或者三种方案,目前在权衡最终版本。拉锯战。

参数胡乱猜的。

DAC CS4398。PCM1704? 个人认为后者更难做些。

采样率转换芯片CDB8422 CS8422?

运算放大器AD823.反正不可能在是OPA2604

会不会有什么T51的耳放?这东西有点不靠谱。

估计驱动和固件比较难写。高级元件采购的较少。

机器出生必然高端。

PCB不是蓝色,就是黑色。

The parts I didn't transl ate are either random unimportant stuff or pure guess work. For all seriousness, I think this whole thing are guess work.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #232 of 309

Quote:
I think that guy is just guessing mostly (from his tone).
The parts I didn't transl ate are either random unimportant stuff or pure guess work. For all seriousness, I think this whole thing are guess work.

Thank you very much ClieOS. Maaaan, and I thought it was somethin serious. I hope the T59 will not be limited, because it will be damn difficult to get one.

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #233 of 309
I wonder if that is all just speculation, but thank you very much for translating anyway, ClieOS. It's good at least to know what expectations are, as there is so little real information available. As I've been waiting with baited breath, holding off an order for a new T51 and living with an unamped iPod (the shame), I'm anxiously awaiting release. Good to know it's expected to launch in the next four months. It would probably take me six months to get one since I'd wait for impressions here on Head-Fi. I'm surprised at that price speculation, that's much more expensive than other Teclast units. $450! Three T51s! Of course it's not going to sound 3x as good, but I wonder if there will even be a substantial improvement in sound quality over the T51. At that price, that's what I would expect. It's heading into the realm of the more expensive competitor audiophile portable options, like HiFiMAN, Colorfly, and iDevice DACs. The only way it would be a real value at this price would be if the output was good enough that most of us wouldn't want to add an external amp. It's certainly big enough if they wanted to build it in!

At $450, I don't think I want one anymore. The T51 being a bargain meant many of us were willing to put up with it's downsides. No doubt some of those will be fixed in the T59, but I'm sure it will still be a lot less user-friendly than it's competitors. We already know the fundamental trade-off of this unit, that it's at least as big and heavy as portable CD player. Any news on the X29? I hope it makes the T51 obsolete.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #236 of 309
I have faith in the T59, but for the x29 i am not so sure.

x2, especially since X19HD is a little disappointing for me.

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #237 of 309
personally i would like someone comes up with a mix of the old & new style portable player - where the touch screen and the video player is ditched and only physical buttons & smaller screen are used along with newer player's circuits (like T51- DAC and amp is combined).. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #238 of 309
Quote:
personally i would like someone comes up with a mix of the old & new style portable player - where the touch screen and the video player is ditched and only physical buttons & smaller screen are used along with newer player's circuits (like T51- DAC and amp is combined).. 

Yes, they made that, it's called the X29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back