First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Nov 4, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #211 of 309
Can we please get back on topic? I would love to purchase this Teclast T59, but I'm still eying the Cowon J3 and the Teclast 51. Which one......
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #213 of 309

Quote:
Can we please get back on topic? I would love to purchase this Teclast T59, but I'm still eying the Cowon J3 and the Teclast 51. Which one......
rolleyes.gif

I have both J3 and T51, if you want coolness easier player cownon J3 is almost perfect with 50+ battery it gave me 60 hours after some charging its lighter its screen is amloed and well its perfect but what T51 with all its downs is its sound quality, compared to J3 I felt as if someone slapped me on the face when I listened to it for the first time and compared it to J3 , its so direct  you feel the purity (virginity) of the sound! the way it was recorded , J3 has all the BBE and viva and nice SQs to play with, But let me tell you , I stopped using my J3 and may put it for sale although I got it 2 month ago , thats how I feel, maybe I am  mistaken  relative to someone but this is my own opinion, take it or leave it......
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #214 of 309

Quote:

I'm not 50 and from Detroit, but that would be pretty hardcore.

I'm that age divided by two, from Sweden, in Australia for now.

Excellent - I'll give immigration a call ......  
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a lighter note, we have thousands of Irish lads in Oz right now - economic refugees from the unemployment which has ravaged their country. As I said to one of them earlier this week 'I couldnt help noticing that no-one seems too concerned about a rescue package for Ireland'. He is so happy to be able to find work, even if it is hard yakka out here in the bush - interesting times ahead for us all. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #215 of 309

Quote:
rolleyes.gif

I agree with others that the SQ on the T51 is absolutely gobsmacking, but you have to be able to live with the rest of it. Really hoping Teclast lift their game with the later models - that sound deserves a much wider audience. 

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #216 of 309
Agreed. I would actually be fine carrying the T59 about if it's like a T51 with better firmware. I fear however that even with an input method that's easier to implement, they'll still be silly bugs which mean it doesn't become invisible as far as a front end goes. Really need to see more tech specs and things like that, and I hope the part of the reason for it being so big is because the battery is huge.

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #217 of 309
@Somnambulist, I agree with you on all points, but I've decided to just put everything on the back burner until 2012. I struggle with Teclast, and perhaps we have bought some of this on ourselves by buying something that was only intended for the Chinese market - dunno, but the extremist in me is thinking that I need to just spend the money and get the 801 the next time I feel the urge to buy another 'audiophile portable'.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #218 of 309

Not sure if I wrote this already, but if you read the Teclast press release (if you guys read), they took all the conflicting views into account on how their next audiophile DAP should be constructed, so they're releasing three at the same time, instead of 1.

If I understand it correctly...

The X29 is for the "OUT THE WINDOW" users, that like the T51 sound quality, however had issues with the UI,  and want a smaller unit with longer battery life.

The X19HD is for those that said "get rid of the damn screen! NO VIDEO!!" and just want pure sound quality, surpassing T51.

The T59 is in the "PUSH THE LIMIT! NO EXCUSES" camp, supposedly surpassing T51 sound quality, while offering an improved videophile experience at the same time.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #219 of 309

Interesting...

Quote:

Not sure if I wrote this already, but if you read the Teclast press release (if you guys read), they took all the conflicting views into account on how their next audiophile DAP should be constructed, so they're releasing three at the same time, instead of 1.

The X29 is for the "OUT THE WINDOW" users, that like the T51 sound quality, however had issues with the UI,  and want a smaller unit with longer battery life.

The X19HD is for those that said "get rid of the damn screen! NO VIDEO!!" and just want pure sound quality, surpassing T51.

The T59 is in the "PUSH THE LIMIT! NO EXCUSES" camp, supposedly surpassing T51 sound quality, while offering an improved videophile experience at the same time.

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #220 of 309

Quote:

weird.. looking at the X19HD specs, i don't find their hardware superior to T51 at all
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #221 of 309
Even if the X19HD was the device Kiteki is suggesting, I'm still drawing a line through Teclast until I hear some very positive impressions re ergonomics. I have no doubt that they can make DAPs that sound great - its the rest that really needs some serious work. 

Nov 5, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #223 of 309

Quote:

weird.. looking at the X19HD specs, i don't find their hardware superior to T51 at all
confused_face_2.gif

What are your thoughts on the hardware then? I know it doesn't have dual wolfson DAC's, but they did go into quite a lot of detail comparing it to the $500 PCM-D50, and it is a lot more powerful than the T51, which was a selling point for me. :)

Nov 5, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #224 of 309

Quote:

What are your thoughts on the hardware then? I know it doesn't have dual wolfson DAC's, but they did go into quite a lot of detail comparing it to the $500 PCM-D50, and it is a lot more powerful than the T51, which was a selling point for me. :)

more powerful does not necessarily mean better. i'm only looking at the output stage of the DAP only, which is max9723 in X19HD, and OPA2604 in T51. i believe in this case opa2604 is much better than max9723 (max9723 is doing everything in x19hd while opa2604 has specific purpose)

not to mention the DAC chip, i still can't figure out what the x19hd's dac chip and i'm guessing it's not wm8740 or something else within the same tier

*just my 2 cents. take it as a pinch of salt

actually i'm rather hoping that x19hd will use single wm8740 as it will consume less power and i don't believe dual wm8740s do any good in t51. heck, i bet people won't be able differentiate two versions of t51 if teclast were to release t51 with single wm8740 version. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back