First news of the Teclast T59 HiFi Player
Mar 3, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #304 of 309
dont be exited about x30 sq, because of rknano it would be average. it lacks bass, like ipod touch 2nd. x30 is meant for casual users not audiophiles. if you want superb sound, like Cowon, you should get x19hd which costs only $6 more and has 8gb, but lacks microsd.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #305 of 309

Quote:
Looks nice. Now whose gonna take the plunge for us :). I'm DAP'd out lol.

I got the 64GB version, some time!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/420#post_8168384
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/435#post_8170320
and It is one of the best SQ DAPS, I had or tried.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #306 of 309

Quote:
dont be exited about x30 sq, because of rknano it would be average. it lacks bass, like ipod touch 2nd. x30 is meant for casual users not audiophiles. if you want superb sound, like Cowon, you should get x19hd which costs only $6 more and has 8gb, but lacks microsd.

I wasn't interested in the X30 as being something better than my T51 or iRiver H140--> DAC/Amp Portable combo, just primarily out of curiousity as a Fuze replacement, as prices for those refurb units have skyrocketed, and I need a player to run around with, and not care about losing, that has a card slot. If the X19HD HAD a card slot I would have opted for that over the X30. However, that was not the case.

Despite that, The X30 was delivered today, I've had a couple of hours to play with it, and while it isn't as impressive as a T51 (not that I expected much) It is clearer and seemingly higher resolution with nicer tone than the Clip+, and Fuze with OF and Rockbox with no EQ. With my headphones anyhow. So it has potential to do what I bought it for. Hopefully I will get the new firmware flashed, and see how it behaves then.

Here's the post/thread on the X30 for anyone who cares: http://www.head-fi.org/t/599124/teclast-x30-x-series-new-model-basic-flac-mp3-player-tf-card-clean-sq

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #307 of 309
There is the AK100, soon the FiiO X3 and all the other players, but to be honest, I am still waiting for this one. Sadly there were no news on the T59 and I looked for it as far as I can. However I found some rumor that says it is forming, but the production is delayed for some reason.

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #308 of 309
Quote:
There is the AK100, soon the FiiO X3 and all the other players, but to be honest, I am still waiting for this one. Sadly there were no news on the T59 and I looked for it as far as I can. However I found some rumor that says it is forming, but the production is delayed for some reason.

Bad  news to you!!! Change in management in Teclast , and change of priorities to tablet market, hence all old projects...trashed...
frown.gif
, but hope my source is wrong.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #309 of 309
Quote:
Bad  news to you!!! Change in management in Teclast , and change of priorities to tablet market, hence all old projects...trashed...
frown.gif
, but hope my source is wrong.

Damn! Read a few times about that too, but this tablet business will not go on like this forever. Every electronic company tries to jump into this tablet business. Actually I did not want to write something into this thread, but source link kind of gave me hope. It is probably still christmas time in me...

Also I never gave up the X3 and see there it is now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back